PDA

View Full Version : European holidays cost barometer

tonypub
09-07-2011, 14:34
as i thought spain is confirmed buy the good old british post office as the best value for money holiday by some way:cheers: http://www2.postoffice.co.uk/sites/default/files/Holiday_Costs_Barometer_2011.pdf

lelmarky
09-07-2011, 15:08
its just the exchange rate that makes it seem dearer...everything last month seemed about the same price as last year

Harmonicaman
09-07-2011, 20:27
Spain probably is the favoured resort by most Brits, but that "poll" is not a very sure indicator as it is based on (probably) newbie first time holiday-makers who buy their currency at the P.O. Most seasoned travellers wouldn't go near them to change their currency, but probably the right answer based on the "wrong" statistics.:)

slodgedad
09-07-2011, 20:33
Spain probably is the favoured resort by most Brits, but that "poll" is not a very sure indicator as it is based on (probably) newbie first time holiday-makers who buy their currency at the P.O. Most seasoned travellers wouldn't go near them to change their currency, but probably the right answer based on the "wrong" statistics.:)

I agree. Who in their right mind would get all their holiday spending money at the PO before leaving

tonypub
09-07-2011, 20:35
I agree. Who in their right mind would get all their holiday spending money at the PO before leavingpeople still buying timeshare aswell,lol.the mind boggles:spin:

delderek
09-07-2011, 21:56
I agree. Who in their right mind would get all their holiday spending money at the PO before leaving

Don't knock them, their rates are normally better than most.

pablo1
09-07-2011, 22:02
Don't knock them, their rates are normally better than most.

It always amazes me why people get their euros back in the UK, wherever it be the PO, Travel agency or bank.
You ALWAYS get a better rate in Tenerife, i've never known it to be different.
In most cases it can be up to an extra 50 euro in your pocket per 1000 sterling.

Harmonicaman
09-07-2011, 22:26
It always amazes me why people get their euros back in the UK, wherever it be the PO, Travel agency or bank.
You ALWAYS get a better rate in Tenerife, i've never known it to be different.
In most cases it can be up to an extra 50 euro in your pocket per 1000 sterling.
I agree with you 100% pablo1. I take about €100 from UK just to cover any emergencies that might crop up, but the bulk of my cash gets changed in Tenerife. Always a better rate, every time!

pablo1
09-07-2011, 22:46
I agree with you 100% pablo1. I take about €100 from UK just to cover any emergencies that might crop up, but the bulk of my cash gets changed in Tenerife. Always a better rate, every time!

Me too Cam, normally enough to get me a taxi to LA and the first couple of budweisers, then everything gets changed over there. :-)

Susief
09-07-2011, 22:59
We do too! Any money left gets put away for next time!