PDA

View Full Version : Why can't we all just get on and stop all the bickering?

Graceylacey
09-07-2011, 15:07
What is going on lately with all the bickering?? Radio stations at loggerheads, news papers, cat rescues, dog rescues.

Listen I think you all do a great job, fair play to all those who help with dogs and cats.

I enjoy listening to all the radio stations, oasis is great when I can get it, coast is good but can play a bit too old music for my liking, but I can listen from medano across to San Juan!

All the papers are good, just wish we could get them in Medano!

Please don't anyone open a clothes shop as I love shopping around and would hate to feel I can only shop in one!!! ;)

Come on everyone let's stop all this and get along a little better!!! There's room for you all on this island!!!

slodgedad
09-07-2011, 15:24
I don't think things have changed, Gracey.

The same bickering goes on on all Fora, it just wasn't so noticeable on Mk.1. As there was so much more info, it kinda got lost.

Once we get all the stuff merged the unimportant stuff will, once again, disappear into the woodwork

Suej
09-07-2011, 16:41
What is going on lately with all the bickering?? Radio stations at loggerheads, news papers, cat rescues, dog rescues.

Listen I think you all do a great job, fair play to all those who help with dogs and cats.

I enjoy listening to all the radio stations, oasis is great when I can get it, coast is good but can play a bit too old music for my liking, but I can listen from medano across to San Juan!

All the papers are good, just wish we could get them in Medano!

Please don't anyone open a clothes shop as I love shopping around and would hate to feel I can only shop in one!!! ;)

Come on everyone let's stop all this and get along a little better!!! There's room for you all on this island!!!

Off Topic...slapping own wrists! how´s the kitty getting on Gracey?:)

penelope pitstop
09-07-2011, 17:20
This is just as bad as the last forum that is probably why not everyone has re-registered. I rarely post on here now because of it. It really puts people off.

People used to get nasty & most of it was uncalled for. When people start sending PM's because they are cowards & don't want to be caught being abusive to a member so everyone can read their nastiness, then that is the time 'mods' should step in. This happened to a friend of mine on the previous forum, so she withdrew & joined the other one. The person concerned is on there too, unfortunately for her.

I will not name & shame as I may end up getting abuse or an abusive PM too!

penelope pitstop

MrsTT
09-07-2011, 18:08
This is just as bad as the last forum that is probably why not everyone has re-registered. I rarely post on here now because of it. It really puts people off.

People used to get nasty & most of it was uncalled for. When people start sending PM's because they are cowards & don't want to be caught being abusive to a member so everyone can read their nastiness, then that is the time 'mods' should step in. This happened to a friend of mine on the previous forum, so she withdrew & joined the other one. The person concerned is on there too, unfortunately for her.

penelope pitstop

If you get abusive PM's you can report them in the same way as an abusive post. The triangle is at the bottom of the PM just the same.
Mods never see your PMs unless you send them to us, so have no power to step in.

doreen
09-07-2011, 18:11

penelope pitstop

There's an awful lot more members who post regularly here, so you are bound to have some bickering ... the "nasty" stuff is on the way out in the newer version :)

penelope pitstop
09-07-2011, 18:35
If you get abusive PM's you can report them in the same way as an abusive post. The triangle is at the bottom of the PM just the same.
Mods never see your PMs unless you send them to us, so have no power to step in.

I believe it was reported by PM with a copy of the offending PM forwarded to whoever as well.

jaypeeps

primrose
09-07-2011, 18:39
I believe it was reported by PM with a copy of the PM forwarded to whoever.

jaypeeps

Oh dear, split personality.:eyebrows:

Cat Woman
09-07-2011, 18:48
It all boils down to one thing, unfortunately theres a lot of :devil:"Jealousy":( on the Forum.

penelope pitstop
09-07-2011, 18:55
It all boils down to one thing, unfortunately theres a lot of :devil:"Jealousy":( on the Forum.

How can people be jealous of people they don't know though?

penelope pitstop

Added after 2 minutes:

Oh dear, split personality.:eyebrows:

Not sure what this means but was it really necessary?

onelegnofeet
09-07-2011, 19:05
How can people be jealous of people they don't know though?

penelope pitstop

Added after 2 minutes:

Not sure what this means ?

Post7 you signed off with Jaypeeps !!!!:idea:

you can always choose to select recieving no pms or do as i do ,put it on the forum "I dont answer Pms" to the sender and you could then put "But ask me or tell me on here not via pm "

slodgedad
09-07-2011, 19:08
I believe it was reported by PM with a copy of the offending PM forwarded to whoever as well.

jaypeeps

If it was reported by PM it would have been answered.

If reported via the report button it would have been dealt with too.

Since the new Forum began and we have become a spam magnet, most mods spend their time sorting rather than reading posts as we were once used to.

It's very rare I post now and yet I'm on the Forum more than ever, preparing for the ?????????????????????

Cat Woman
09-07-2011, 19:12
[QUOTE=penelope pitstop;56488]How can people be jealous of people they don't know though?
penelope pitstop

Unfortunately, it doesnt take much for some one to be jealous, they dont even have to know the person, maybe just know of them. Its human nature and its a very dangerous emotion. Jealous people are usually sad bitter people. I feel sorry for them, but theres not a lot we can do, except ignore them when they pop up on the Forum from time to time.
Sharon.

slodgedad
09-07-2011, 19:22
If anyone feels threatened or have received an abusive PM, which I have in the past, then report it, otherwise no one knows.

The report button is completely confidential.

Without it we would have even more work to do.

It is a non profit making member's Forum and, as such, relies on the members to police it.

Andy0210
09-07-2011, 19:34

Change to 103.7 when you hit Callao Salvaje and you can listen to Coast all the way to Santiago Del Teide! ;)

jaypeeps

Rule number 1, when you are in diguise always remember to wear your wig and false moustache! :afro: :crylaughing:

tonypub
09-07-2011, 19:48
arguments happened before we was all members,thats why there was a split.arguments will occur now and in the future.its all part of human nature,thats why we are all different.it makes us great you know.thankfully on here we have mods who can stop most things gettin outta hand.it was never better before,it may be better/worse in the future,who knows?the forum relies on our interaction with each other,so its nearly human.:spin:

pablo1
09-07-2011, 20:06
I for one used to be guilty of going in head first with some threads, and it's only when I took a step back and realised how childish my posts came across that I realised the Tenerife Forum wasn't the place for such aggressive behaviour.

Hopefully, members who try and goad others into a reaction will one day realise just how infantile they actually come across.
I won't hold my breath.... :-)

tonypub
09-07-2011, 20:28
I for one used to be guilty of going in head first with some threads, and it's only when I took a step back and realised how childish my posts came across that I realised the Tenerife Forum wasn't the place for such aggressive behaviour.

Hopefully, members who try and goad others into a reaction will one day realise just how infantile they actually come across.
I won't hold my breath.... :-)i admire you for addmitting it pabs,many on here dont have the balls even though they are annonymous

pablo1
09-07-2011, 20:40
My name is Pablo.. and i'm a forumholic....

The first step is the hardest !! :-)

slodgedad
09-07-2011, 20:50
My name is Paul Dempsey.. and i'm a forumholic....

The first step is the hardest !! :-)

:drinking::drinking::drinking::drinking::fryingpan ::ban:

dede
09-07-2011, 20:58
I think this sort of thing goes on all over, but while the local newspapers are at loggerheads there are still people reading the news from both, and while the radio stations are at it there are still people dancing to the music of both, and while the animal charities are bickering amongst themselves all the doggies are happily playing together!!!. And some folk say animals are dumb!!!!

sundownersvince
09-07-2011, 21:03
My name's Vince and I look like my avatar.

DaveRF
09-07-2011, 21:06
My name's Vince and I look like my avatar.

Mine's Dave surprisingly enough.

tonypub
09-07-2011, 21:06
my names tony and i look like a pub

Added after 6 minutes:

my names tony and i look like a pubseems peace has broken out on the forum,im off to work/play soon so be nice folks and remember,manners cost nothin.

Graceylacey
09-07-2011, 21:26
Off Topic...slapping own wrists! how´s the kitty getting on Gracey?:)

She is adorable, she has a little limp after breaking her leg, but other than that she is a cutie!!!

primrose
09-07-2011, 21:28
She is adorable, she has a little limp after breaking her leg, but other than that she is a cutie!!!

Any Pictures? not off topic as the little kitty got on with her foster family.

WeeJake
10-07-2011, 00:42
We as human beings are very fickle! I belive. Personal Opinion Only. That Jealousy can be one of the worst deadly sins. People become blinded and don´t see clearly what is in front of them. Personally I´m Jealous of Nobody and Nothing. There is Nothing that anyone else has that I want. Everything I have is there because I wanted it to be there. nobody forced me, nobody influenced me. It´s all about finding your happy place and if everyone was happy doing what they do they wouldn´t care about anyone else. Unfortunately, too many people are in unhappy places, trying to kid themselves on that they are happy. and that´s when the problems start. Power & Success to all!!

SuzyQ
10-07-2011, 01:48
Its impossible for everyone to get on. Were that the case there would be no wars in the world. Sadly, its human nature to think that "our way / opinion / whatever" is correct and anyone who disagrees is wrong. Its just human nature. And let no onw pretend we dont enjoy a good tear up. Look at the views the threads get when there is a barny going on, lol.

doreen
10-07-2011, 10:30
Its impossible for everyone to get on. Were that the case there would be no wars in the world. Sadly, its human nature to think that "our way / opinion / whatever" is correct and anyone who disagrees is wrong. Its just human nature. And let no onw pretend we dont enjoy a good tear up. Look at the views the threads get when there is a barny going on, lol.

Got to agree SuzyQ ... but I wonder does it happen more in Tenerife. I am still amazed at what a "fish bowl" we seem to live in here, everyone knowing everyone's business and having something to say about it, often just rumours, sometimes malicious ... is that a factor of being a smallish community in a foreign land ???

Suej
10-07-2011, 11:07
Think you´re dead right Doreen........Chinese whispers has a lot to do with it too! rumours made up or not get distorted out of all proportion!:whistle:

confidential
10-07-2011, 11:16
Don't they just and look closely around you as to who escalates the rumours. We travellers are peaceful until others start. It is ok for a campsite to crop up but when we settle. The mess we leave is because we are chased off.

onelegnofeet
10-07-2011, 11:21
My name is Oneleg and unlike Pablo ...................all steps are ******* hard !!!!:turkey::ducky:LOL