PDA

View Full Version : Pre-season matches for the blanquiazules

Fred Perry
09-07-2011, 20:03
Nothing confirmed as yet (no suprise there then) but a few rumours regarding pre-season matches are coming through.

Players meet up July 13th

July 18th-July 28th Training on the Island Of La Palma
Tenerife usually play a friendly during their time there.

Granadilla vs CD Tenerife - some sources say July 23rd, others first week of August but game will take place.

CD Marino vs CD Tenerife - 2nd August (Tues) tbc

Sunday 7th August - Trofeo teide in Orotava
CD Tenerife vs Real Madrid B

Trophy San gines (Lanzarote) Aug 9-12th
Las Palmas, Lanzarote, CD Tenerife

elwaydaman
10-07-2011, 13:30
Any word of the fixtures yet? I've been looking on a daily basis but cant see a thing! :(

Fred Perry
10-07-2011, 15:51
Any word of the fixtures yet? I've been looking on a daily basis but cant see a thing! :(

Fixture list in 2nd B has been delayed for another week. This is due to the re-structuring of the leagues as teams were relegated for financial reasons. Other clubs taking their place need to find the money (400.000€) to be able to jump up a division, so they have been given an extra 10 days.

Fred Perry
21-07-2011, 16:26
News today that Las Palmas were due to play their presentation game against Queens Park Rangers but it has just fallen through due to the fact that TV Canaria can not afford the 30.000€ they were going to pay to show the game live. This amount is apprently what it would cost to bring the London side to the Canaries for 3 days. Shame really, shows you how poor we are here! I really do not understand it as the gate money would have covered that. Imagine if CD Tenerife played against QPR with good publicity and reasonable prices I reckon we could get 12,000 crowd easily. 12,000 x 15€ = 180,000€. I will have a word with the General Secretary of Tenerife tonight at the friendly in Granadilla.

Anyway, word is we are going to play a two-legged match against Las Palmas. In Gran Canaria on Aug 11th and in Tenerife on Monday 15th Aug (public holiday).

Teflon
21-07-2011, 17:08
How much is it to watch the game Sunday 7th August - Trofeo teide in Orotava CD Tenerife vs Real Madrid B & how do I get there from Fanabe ??

murph
23-07-2011, 23:13
I am on the Island from 10th to the 24th August.

Anyone tell me if there is a game I could get to see during my visit

Fred Perry
23-07-2011, 23:39
Yes, we play Las Palmas on Monday 15th 9pm kick off and the first league game against Vecindario is on the weekend of 21/22nd August.

Out of the two I would choose the first league game.

KirstyJay
23-07-2011, 23:42
Sunday 7th August - Trofeo teide in Orotava
CD Tenerife vs Real Madrid B

Will you be doing a bus to this game....? We'll only need it one way ;) :D :run:

bonitatime
24-07-2011, 08:12
A nd I thought you would only need one way for the game against Castilla as you met such lovely people in La Orotava
Welcome back you were missed.

redarrow
24-07-2011, 12:03
Yes, we play Las Palmas on Monday 15th 9pm kick off and the first league game against Vecindario is on the weekend of 21/22nd August.

Out of the two I would choose the first league game.

I can't believe they've decided on this. Not a good idea in my view.

murph
24-07-2011, 23:54
I can't believe they've decided on this. Not a good idea in my view.

Can I ask what is not a ''good idea''?

redarrow
25-07-2011, 11:28
Can I ask what is not a ''good idea''?

IMO it's not the right game for us pre-season. For some people, a derby game is the only game that matters. Add to that the problems that go on around it regarding crowd behaviour etc.

The Pio's were marginally better than us last season, but I would suggest we are nowhere near them in quality now. Fact of life, we're in Segunda B. Four days before our first league game, we have nothing to gain from playing Las Palmas.

bonitatime
25-07-2011, 11:51
I think for both teams it is the chance to earn a little money for the presentation games which some will go to who m¡ght not have had it been another team.

Davethepubsinger
25-07-2011, 13:40
Chris,

Please can you confirm the forthcoming friendlies.

cheers,

Dave

Fred Perry
25-07-2011, 13:52
I will confirm all friendly matches later.

Red Arrow; there will be no away fans for both games. Not with a 9pm kick off and no way to get back on same day meaning expensive hotel stay (not for a friendly).

Added after 2 Hours 25 minutes:

PRE-SEASON MATCHES

SAT JULY 30th Tenisca vs CD Tenerife - 5pm (on the Island of La Palma)

WED AUG 3rd CD Marino vs CD Tenerife - 8.30pm (in Las Americas Stadium, Tenerife)

SUN AUG 7th CD Tenerife vs Real Madrid b - (time tbc) - LA OROTAVA, North Tenerife

FRI AUG 12th CD TENERIFE vs LAS PALMAS - 9pm - Heliodoro *To be confirmed but today they said first game of two legged match will be played in Tenerife.

SUN AUG 14th or MON AUG 15th LAS PALMAS vs CD TENERIFE - 9pm

Probably be coach to Las Palmas friendly - depends on interest. Season ticket holders get in for free so I need to collect all money a few days before the 12th.

bonitatime
25-07-2011, 18:36
Are you sure about the away game being in the 15th as in his interview on Sunday Miguel Concepcion says those who have renewed their abono by the 15th will get into the game free. Source club web site

Fred Perry
27-07-2011, 20:44
TONIGHTS RESULT
TIJARAFE 0 CD TENERIFE 5 (Goals Kiko Ratón, Ferrán Tacón, Perona,Julio Álvarez y Melli).

They squeezed this game in. Good to win against Tijarafe from La Palma (a team only 1 league below) but as the Granadilla defeat we can´t read too much into it.

Still not confirmed the exact dates of the games against Las Palmas and if we play in Gran Canaria first or here.

bonitatime
27-07-2011, 21:55
It was a more positive result even if they are in alower legue and 2 of the goals were scored by plyers who we hope will be leaving. At least Julio Alvarez managed to appear on the field and didn't injure himself warming up.

Fred Perry
30-07-2011, 19:19
RESULT

TENISCA 1 CD TENERIFE 4 (Goals Kiko Raton, Perona, Bravo & Josmar Zambrano)

New signing Medina played in midfield and impressed. Great to see youngster Zambrano get on the score sheet!

redarrow
31-07-2011, 19:46
Just watched this on Canal 4. On the positive side we won. Second half not quite as good as the first and that's with Melli & Alvarez on the field. Room for improvement I think, but it's hard to tell at this stage.

Fred Perry
01-08-2011, 10:15
According to local paper "La Opinion" the game against Las Palmas will now be on the Sunday 14th August. No confirmation on time but as the Super Cup Final (Madrid vs Barca) is on at 9pm I would think that our game would kick off at 6pm. Confirmation soon.
This will be the first coach trip of the season.