PDA

View Full Version : Hello All; Been Back Living here For 4 Weeks;

seanocelt
10-07-2011, 12:18
Hi/Hola to all. We (Sean and Imelda), have been living back on the island since June 8th (after an 11 year absence for me). We are looking for a long let in Los Cristianos, looked at a few, still looking for the right one. Imelda has been working for Doreen and Tom in O'Jangles, a very busy bar! I have gigged a few times in Kitty's and Murphy's, about to do one in Hoops bar. I have spent plenty of my time scoping bars for rental/purchase, no decision made yet. Some interesting price reductions (example one bar has gone from over 100 k to 90k and now low 60s!)

I have noticed that parts of PDLA are having a quiet summer, and it is tragic the impact that roadworks have had on bars in Playa Azul/Las Floritas area, totally devastating trade. I have said hello to a few old faces, more to seek out. One girl Imelda works with was talking to me for over 3 weeks, every day, before it dawned on me i actually played her opening night in one of her pubs in the 90s. I will post another update soon, i see the new forum is starting to grow now, good to see names returning, and the banter is as lively as ever! Hasta Luego, Sean . (and Imelda, who worked a forum meeting shift in OJ's and met Eckythump and Sunspot among others).

tizzywizzy
10-07-2011, 14:05
Hi Sean and Imelda,
Good to hear from you. Great Imelda is in OJ's she will be kept busy. I am sure you will find the right place for you in time. I do hope you manage to find a long let before too long.

DOREEN QUINN
10-07-2011, 15:03
Quite a few signs up and around Playa Graciosa 1, dont know any prices but could be worth a few phone calls.

Zara
10-07-2011, 16:19
Hi Sean

Nice to see you back and so glad to hear that both you and Imelda have plenty of work. Perhaps you could consider moving up here to Chayofa, there are usually plenty of long lets available. You are close enough to the resorts and can be in work within 10 minutes but far enough away should you both require a break from the hustle and bustle. Whatever you decide best of luck to you both.

pablo1
10-07-2011, 20:12
Good luck for the future sean, hope everything pans out as you'd like. :-)

sunspot
10-07-2011, 21:48
Hi Sean and Imelda, it was great to meet you both, good luck on settling back in Tenerife

seanocelt
11-07-2011, 11:54
Hi Sean and Imelda, it was great to meet you both, good luck on settling back in Tenerife

Thanks guys. I called 2 in Graciosa, Doreen, nice place but 850 for a 2 bed a bit steep i felt. Got a few to view next few days.

DOREEN QUINN
11-07-2011, 12:30
Sorry didnt know the prices!! Seen a couple on Dinastia with signs up too as my daughter livers on there. Dont think the rents will be too expensive, good luck !!

seanocelt
11-07-2011, 16:57
Sorry didnt know the prices!! Seen a couple on Dinastia with signs up too as my daughter livers on there. Dont think the rents will be too expensive, good luck !!

Thanks, Dinastia or El Mirador looking likely! (est).