PDA

View Full Version : The Legal Holiday Lettings in Tenerife

BobMac
11-07-2011, 12:02
Following on from the activities of the property inspectors, I thought it might be a useful (Good) idea to start a thread where people could post details of complexes where they know holiday lettings are legal.

delderek
11-07-2011, 12:26
Following on from the activities of the property inspectors, I thought it might be a useful (Good) idea to start a thread where people could post details of complexes where they know holiday lettings are legal.

OK I will start the ball rolling in Los Cris:

San Marino
Paloma Beach
Cristian Sur
Tenerife Sur
Royal Palm
Paradise Park

sleepy
11-07-2011, 13:03
Castle Harbour is fully legal.

ramnit
11-07-2011, 13:16
Victoria Court 1 in Los Cristianos is also fully legal

Loaded
11-07-2011, 13:33
Oasis mango
Comodorro
Compostella beach
Compostella beach golf resort
Villa mandi

hackney58
11-07-2011, 14:07
Hi,
staying at Parque Santiago 1.
four weeks commencing late September.
Is this complex Legal?
Thanks

sleepy
11-07-2011, 14:18
Hi,
staying at Parque Santiago 1.
four weeks commencing late September.
Is this complex Legal?
Thanks

Parque Santiago 1 is residential so therefore touristic lettings are not legal.Nice complex though.
I'd be concerned if any insurance was valid in the unfortunate event of an accident occurring.Maybe someone could clarify this situation??

Tom & Sharon
11-07-2011, 14:52
Parque Santiago 1 is residential so therefore touristic lettings are not legal.Nice complex though.
I'd be concerned if any insurance was valid in the unfortunate event of an accident occurring.Maybe someone could clarify this situation??

Our administrators told us that if anyone renting illegally has an accident, they are not insured.

Similarly, the owner is not covered if for example they set fire to the kitchen!

Mawkin
11-07-2011, 15:31
Parque Santiago 3 & 4 are legal.

Peterrayner
11-07-2011, 16:23
IIRC All touristic sites are listed on the Arona and Adeje auyuntamiento websites.

Added after 2 minutes:

San Marino
Paloma Beach
Cristian Sur
Tenerife Sur
Royal Palm
Paradise Park

Hollywood Mirage
Beverley Hills Heights
Los Diamantes 2

jolfc
11-07-2011, 16:42
I have tried looking on the site named above, is Vistasur Complex o.k, I cant find info on the site call me thick, lol.

Loaded
11-07-2011, 17:17
Vistasur is lega

wolvesfc1
11-07-2011, 20:52
so what about ones that are not legal ??

Loaded
11-07-2011, 22:55
Good point that hasn't been touched on yet, could be an idea for a new thread??

slodgedad
11-07-2011, 22:59
Good point that hasn't been touched on yet, could be an idea for a new thread??

That's what THIS (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?23-The-Tenerife-Illegal-Lettings-thread)is. The thread that spawned this one.

Loaded
11-07-2011, 23:04
That's what THIS (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?23-The-Tenerife-Illegal-Lettings-thread)is. The thread that spawned this one.

You're kidding right? Someone already did tsar thread?

#noentiendo

hopey
03-08-2011, 12:27
Hi,

very interesting point about the insurance. we stay in santiago 1&2, does that mean if an accident at the apt or incident ie break-in occurs and money clothes etc stolen that the insurance wouldnt pay out? Also, if an incident or accident occurred whilst out of the apt ie whilst out walking or on night out, would that be valid claim???

Any ideas???

Thanks

Hopey

atlantico
03-08-2011, 13:03
its the same all over the world, insurances policies are void if anything illegal is done. ie. no tax/MOT on car, insurance void. Not informing them of change of details/circumstance, void, letting out apartment illegally, VOID - so AVOID !

there is a member here who insists that their insurers WILL cover them - but in instance of a claim - I bet they DON'T !

TOTO 99
03-08-2011, 13:30
Hopey, do you mean with regard to your own insurance?
I would assume that if you insure your belongings etc. in the usual way with holiday insurance then there shouldn't be a problem.

hopey
03-08-2011, 14:11
Hi toto99,

Yes your correct in thinking I was referring to my own holiday insurance. That sounds reassuring!

Thanks

Hopey

hackney58
03-08-2011, 14:32
In 2009 I had to make a claim on my insurance for medical treatment,
while staying at PS1. Filled in all paperwork apartment number length
of stay ect.
Was completely up front about everything and submitted all recites
for treatment totaling 378 euros.
insurance paid out no problem.
but that was two years ago so maybe there has been changes.
We are holidaying again in September and using same insurance company.
£32.50 for two for four weeks.
go compare!

AL JAY
03-08-2011, 14:41
Gah, You got me singing that bloody advert now :rofl: :D

TOTO 99
03-08-2011, 15:03
In truth, none of us know if the insurance will pay until we claim. It's unlikely that where you stay will have any bearing on it. That's just a paperwork formality. When we were out in march one of our friends who has a history of heart trouble fell ill. 2 days later he had a pacemaker fitted and is now feeling great. He had some fun & games with the insurance though because even though he was covered his insurers argued that it should have waited until he got home. He had to cough up a few grand so he could get out of hospital and the insurance are still arguing over the balance. Just what you need when you have a dodgy ticker.

hackney58
03-08-2011, 20:15
I am glad your friend is now OK but this is typical of all insurance company's.
But his problem was not because he was in an illegal let.
just insurance companies doing what they do best.
trying to not pay out to anybody.
it's called legalized robbery.
As bad as it is we should all have it.
it's supposed to give peace of mind!
Not more stress

Loaded
03-08-2011, 20:27
In all the insurance claims I've been involved with , ash cloud, muggings, loss of belongings etc the insurance company has never asked us to prove our legality .

That said if there was a major claim for loss of life or disability this could be a different matter.

atlantico
03-08-2011, 21:04
confused?.com

The reference to insurance here is the owners property insurance, not tourists holiday/travel insurance.

Travel insurers don't care where you stay, legal or illegal.

Property insurers only insure the property/policy owner and immediate family.

Holiday apartment insurers will insure and take anyone's premiums, irrespective of their properties legality to rent out.

BUT, when a claim goes in, you'd better hope they don't discover the premises to be illegally let out, ie the assessor discovering that's its a residential only complex.

We're talking about a holidaymaker causing a fire or accident etc or hurting themselves - like a child running through a patio door etc

Red Devil
03-08-2011, 21:41
confused?.com

The reference to insurance here is the owners property insurance, not tourists holiday/travel insurance.

Travel insurers don't care where you stay, legal or illegal.

Property insurers only insure the property/policy owner and immediate family.

Holiday apartment insurers will insure and take anyone's premiums, irrespective of their properties legality to rent out.

BUT, when a claim goes in, you'd better hope they don't discover the premises to be illegally let out, ie the assessor discovering that's its a residential only complex.

We're talking about a holidaymaker causing a fire or accident etc or hurting themselves - like a child running through a patio door etc

In which case, when on a holiday complex you had better make sure the apartment is only rented to you where they have the 50%+1 management company operating otherwise that let is also then "illegal" going by your theory.
I have had claims in the past including bath overflowing and flooding apartment below when our guest forgot it was on - absolutely no query whatsoever from insurers about who was staying there.
Public liability, which I pay, covers me against claims by the public, according to Schippers!!
I would be interested if you could point me in the direction of a claim in Tenerife where it has been refused on your grounds please?
Genuinely, I am not being sarcastic, then I can quote it to my insurers.

hailfuzz
30-09-2011, 05:45
This thread is slightly misleading ! it fails to mention that the aforementioned "legal" complexes are only so when letted via the sole letting licence holder.

San Marino
Paloma Beach
Cristian Sur
Tenerife Sur
Royal Palm
Paradise Park

Loaded
30-09-2011, 08:00
Very true .

Red Devil
30-09-2011, 10:17
This thread is slightly misleading ! it fails to mention that the aforementioned "legal" complexes are only so when letted via the sole letting licence holder.

I've been banging on about that for 6 months on the other "illegal lettings" thread but the point is ignored by many - why is that do you think?:)

fixer
30-09-2011, 10:36
What about people people advertising and finding there own holiday lets but the licence holder looks after the apartment legal or not dont think this has been asked.David

Red Devil
30-09-2011, 11:02
What about people people advertising and finding there own holiday lets but the licence holder looks after the apartment legal or not dont think this has been asked.David

Theoretically dont think thats legal either but judging by number of private ads on legal complexes it doesnt seem to be upheld. Sure Loaded will know the legal position

Loaded
30-09-2011, 12:35
I've been banging on about that for 6 months on the other "illegal lettings" thread but the point is ignored by many - why is that do you think?:)

the law isn't happening , no one will be fined! yadee yadee yada!

hailfuzz
30-09-2011, 13:05
Why ? - Probably because there are too many on that thread that simply want to look after their own interests intsead of debating the situation at hand :)

Red Devil
30-09-2011, 14:43
Why ? - Probably because there are too many on that thread that simply want to look after their own interests intsead of debating the situation at hand :)

Exactly - trouble is only a few of us have noticed methinks.

TOTO 99
30-09-2011, 15:22
Can someone tell me how exactly they can "look after their own interests" just by posting on the forum?
These posters don't make the law and they can't change it. They kindly pass on information as and when they get it and they give their opinions like everyone else. Where's the problem and how do they benefit? ???

BobMac
30-09-2011, 15:30

When I started this thread, I specifically asked for people to let us know about complexes where they knew that holiday letting was legal

Goforgold
30-09-2011, 15:41
Anyone got an apartment in Palm Mar, who is short of friends?

doreen
30-09-2011, 15:55
This thread is slightly misleading ! it fails to mention that the aforementioned "legal" complexes are only so when let via the sole letting licence holder.

I would think it is all in the hands of the sole agent - does he denounce privately acquired rentals, that he is being paid management & cleaning fees for where there would unlikely be no income for him from the apartment otherwise ...

... no, I didn't think so either :)

Bazzer
30-09-2011, 18:34
Anyone know the situation at Garden City San Eugenio please?

Loaded
30-09-2011, 18:37
I didn't read it that way Doreen but the answer is no as you say

fixer
30-09-2011, 18:40
Garden City Ive stayed there its part time share and privatley owned has 24 hr reception so probably legal unless someone knows diffirent.

Bazzer
30-09-2011, 18:44
Would bookings have to be made through a sole Letting agent?

Gfplux
30-09-2011, 20:02
What about Tenerife Royal Gardens

hailfuzz
30-09-2011, 23:14
Simple - the point being that they are posting as to what they "want" to happen and not what is happening, also information is be passed on with each individuals angle discretly slipped in. I personally understand both sides of the story but in the end all we want is facts !!

TOTO 99
01-10-2011, 06:46
Simple - the point being that they are posting as to what they "want" to happen and not what is happening, also information is be passed on with each individuals angle discretly slipped in. I personally understand both sides of the story but in the end all we want is facts !!

I'm not sure about your conspiracy theory but to be honest, if you don't like what you see, turn it off.

jogger321
01-10-2011, 09:57
What about Tenerife Royal Gardens

That was an ex Palmer time share that was sold off as individual apartments in the last few years..That sort of complex is an interesting one as I guess a community would have to be established and then "vote" on which status plus appoint a sole letting agency??

hailfuzz
01-10-2011, 11:30
I'm not sure about your conspiracy theory but to be honest, if you don't like what you see, turn it off.

I have turned it off I'm here ? :)