PDA

View Full Version : Teeth whitening - how ridiculous.

Jimandsi
11-07-2011, 15:00
Just been out to the shops and saw two elderly ladies (well over 50) with the whitest teeth you've ever seen. They both looked totally stupid. Both had greying hair, bags under their eyes and double chins, but they had these sparkly white teeth ! :D

Just who are they trying to fool and why can't people grow old gracefully ?

Malteser Monkey
11-07-2011, 15:04
Well either they took 'em out to show you or they were happy to be over 50 !!!!

Oh Jim you do make me laugh, any tatoos ?

Sundowner
11-07-2011, 15:04
Who wants to grow old gracefully? I fully intend to grow old disgracefully.................and I might even start buying The Sun :)

Leam_Lin
11-07-2011, 15:05
Just been out to the shops and saw two elderly ladies (well over 50) with the whitest teeth you've ever seen. They both looked totally stupid. Both had greying hair, bags under their eyes and double chins, but they had these sparkly white teeth ! :D

Tut tut.................

wahay
11-07-2011, 15:05
oooooooo errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr you profile says your mr nice guy lol everyone to there own and i wouldnt say well over 50 are elderly :gun::gun::gun::gun::gun:

Jimandsi
11-07-2011, 15:07
Oh Jim you do make me laugh, any tatoos ?

Didn't see any tattoos, although lots of "flesh" was hanging out - I was too busy looking at their stupid teeth :D

atlantico
11-07-2011, 15:13
teeth whitening don't make teeth that white - its either false teeth or veneers that do that

If they're over 50, then its False teeth !!

onelegnofeet
11-07-2011, 15:13

I told you your RAYBANS were fake ,you dont get glare back with the genuine ones !!!

At least they were smiling .............theres some miserable twonks about .

wahay
11-07-2011, 15:18
teeth whitening don't make teeth that white - its either false teeth or veneers that do that

beat me to it , i reckon defo false, i have mine done well 2 years ago and they looked proper good but then im not over 50 and elderly hahahahhahaha

Malteser Monkey
11-07-2011, 15:20

keep up Atlantico that's why I asked if they removed em hun :lol:

dede
11-07-2011, 15:24
Theres nothing wrong with having nice natural white teeth at any age, but i think you can always tell if they are venners or have been whitened to the death and then it becomes rediculous but not just for the over 50's

Jimandsi
11-07-2011, 15:31
Theres nothing wrong with having nice natural white teeth at any age, but i think you can always tell if they are venners or have been whitened to the death and then it becomes rediculous but not just for the over 50's

Would they be under the impression that sparkly choppers make them look more attractive, or look younger, I wonder :confused:

dede
11-07-2011, 15:32
Would they be under the impression that sparkly choppers make them look more attractive, or look younger, I wonder :confused:

Well thats the million dollar question jim....

Jimandsi
11-07-2011, 15:48
Well thats the million dollar question jim....

Have you had yours done dede ?

dede
11-07-2011, 15:51
Have you had yours done dede ?

No... I did think about it but thought nah im over 50 !!!!!!

Bazz
11-07-2011, 15:55

Where they smiling at you? Is that how you saw their teeth? :D
Nothing wrong with a few bags, grey hair or an extra chin or two, it's what happens to a lot of people when they get older! :ashamed:
Nothing wrong with teeth whitening either ........ as long as it's not too obvious. For all you know their next appointment could be with the hairdresser/plastic surgeon. :lol:

Suej
11-07-2011, 16:00

Probably dentures Jimbo!:D:D

Jimandsi
11-07-2011, 16:06
Probably dentures Jimbo!:D:D

Yes, you're probably right.

They still looked stupid though. :D

Unless they were trying to draw attention away from other parts of their bodies ? :ashamed:

maggie
11-07-2011, 16:07

Got to be better than nicotine stained teeth and bad breath.
Sounds like you're a smoker and just envious of healthy looking teeth. :crylaughing:

Pink shoes
11-07-2011, 16:08
Remember Pearl tooth whitener? I remember the days when I brushed my teeth, then again with Pearl whitner. Always trying to look better.

You should have asked the ladies if they were waring "shape wear" too!

Suej
11-07-2011, 16:09
No... I did think about it but thought nah im over 50 !!!!!!

How ever old you are taking pride in your appearance is nice!:flower:

onelegnofeet
11-07-2011, 16:09
Sounds like you're a smoker and just envious of healthy looking teeth. :crylaughing:

Or maybe like me its the medication hes on !

dede
11-07-2011, 16:11
How ever old you are taking pride in your appearance is nice!:flower:

Yes i agree Sue..... but my nashers are ok ..there all present anyway.:D:D:D

Jimandsi
11-07-2011, 16:14

I'm a smoker, drink red wine and coffee so I don't have sparkly choppers.

However, my dentist tells me that I have a good strong, healthy teeth and gums.

I'M TOTALLY HAPPY WITH THAT.

However, it sounds like you might be over 50 and have spent a fortune on trying to make yourself look like a celebrity :crylaughing:

onelegnofeet
11-07-2011, 16:16
Mr ED!!!!............................................ ............................lol

Jimandsi
11-07-2011, 16:19

What on earth is "shape wear" ? :confused:

Do you know OLNF ? :confused:

Suej
11-07-2011, 16:19
Remember Pearl tooth whitener? I remember the days when I brushed my teeth, then again with Pearl whitner. Always trying to look better.

What the hell is shape wear when itīs at home Pink shoes???:eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows:

Bazz
11-07-2011, 16:22
I'm a smoker, drink red wine and coffee so I don't have sparkly choppers.

However, my dentist tells me that I have a good strong, healthy teeth and gums.

I'M TOTALLY HAPPY WITH THAT.

However, it sounds like you might be over 50 and have spent a fortune on trying to make yourself look like a celebrity :crylaughing:

Nobody asked you about your chopper! :raspberry2: :spin: :)

onelegnofeet
11-07-2011, 16:22

What the hell is shape wear when itīs at home Pink shoes???:eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows:

I aint got a Gnats knacker ?????

dede
11-07-2011, 16:27
Its the same as a teddy but more figure hugging:spin:

Jimandsi
11-07-2011, 16:34
Its the same as a teddy but more figure hugging:spin:

I thought "having a figure" was out of fashion now though. :confused:

dede
11-07-2011, 16:36
I thought "having a figure" was out of fashion now though. :confused:

well i would say so..:whistle:

Suej
11-07-2011, 16:37

LOL! Snap Jimbo...sounds painful!:eek:

Jimandsi
11-07-2011, 16:46
I've just googled shapewear and am a bit wiser now.

My Granny used to wear something similar - but she called it a corset. :crylaughing:

onelegnofeet
11-07-2011, 17:09
I've just googled shapewear and am a bit wiser now.

My Granny used to wear something similar - but she called it a corset. :crylaughing:

Well sod me !..........are CRINOLINES coming back into fashion too ???

how did this thread go from teeth to underwhere ..........thats more off topic than me !!!!

Jimandsi
11-07-2011, 17:11
It's not off topic OLNF - it now has a theme .....

People trying to make themselves look something they're not !

onelegnofeet
11-07-2011, 17:13
People trying to make themselves look something they're not !

Maybe i should stop wearing these artificail legs !!!! LOL

YOUNG GOLFER
11-07-2011, 17:16

I take it your one of the ones who has let themselves go then Jimbo? All nasty yellow, Old Holborn stained crooked teeth? Lovely...

onelegnofeet
11-07-2011, 17:22
I take it your one of the ones who has let themselves go then Jimbo? All nasty yellow, Old Holborn stained crooked teeth? Lovely...

All the better to bite you with ,my dear .......................cackle !!!

bonitatime
11-07-2011, 19:46
Not sure I would spend the 120 plus euros but people who I know have had their teeth whitened are pleased with it and finally this is what counts not what others think.

Pink shoes
11-07-2011, 19:52
Oh dear, a few of you have made me laugh and I have only had a half glass of wine.

Shape ware is a ladies under garment to iron out all your lumps, bumps and give you curves in the correct places.
You can buy in diffrent ways.
A little dress type to do under those hug fitting little dresses. Vest tops and pants. Legging types.
They are often in the following colours - black,white or blush but you can get them in other colours.
Shape wear is quite tight to get on and is designed to pull you in - in the correct places. So no rolls of fat girls. You step into your shape ware and pull up. It is not an over the head item.
I do not think it would be the ideal thing to wear in Tenerife due to the heat and shape ware being tight fitting. When you have a top/dress that is to tight put shape ware on under and it pulls you in a dress size.

I hope it is clearer now just what shape wear is?

Suej
11-07-2011, 20:12
Glad you accepted the humour in the way it was intended PS! But the fat has to go somewhere so where does the smoothed out stuff end up! do you have a neck like Swarzeneger (Sp) and arms like Popeye? :confused::eyebrows:

Jimandsi
11-07-2011, 21:25
and how do you go for a pee ? :confused:

do you have to get totally undressed again ? :confused:

MaxineC
11-07-2011, 21:48
Not sure I would spend the 120 plus euros but people who I know have had their teeth whitened are pleased with it and finally this is what counts not what others think.

I concur... Especially if the person harping on about it isn't ageing particularly well! ;) :whistle:

maggie
11-07-2011, 22:33
I concur... Especially if the person harping on about it isn't ageing particularly well! ;) :whistle:

Precisely.
Just as well he uses a keyboard to communicate now because the way he looks, it must be difficult to communicate lol. :crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing:

MaxineC
11-07-2011, 23:04
Precisely.
Just as well he uses a keyboard to communicate now because the way he looks, it must be difficult to communicate lol. :crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing:

He doesn't 'promote' this 'high class' bar he allegedly has, so he's hardly likely to post a pic of himself.... speaks volumes! Another gobby guy hiding behind a forum profile! Only happy when slagging others off. Pffft.... ;)

onelegnofeet
12-07-2011, 07:03
and how do you go for a pee ? :confused:

do you have to get totally undressed again ? :confused:

I knew these HOLLOW LEGS would come in useful one day ............AAHHH ,Thats better !!!!

lozzie1821
12-07-2011, 20:41
im 23 and i get my teeth whitened all the time...

Jimandsi
12-07-2011, 21:46
Why's that then ?

marbro8
12-07-2011, 22:11
now i have hit 50 i look for anything that will make me look younger lol, i have always been complimented on my teeth being white but wish they were a bit sraighter, and if tonypub had posted the right numbers tonight they would soon be done along with the wayne rooney hair transplant, the Kenny rogers liposuction and the joan rivers face lift:eyebrows:

onelegnofeet
12-07-2011, 22:38
now i have hit 50 i look for anything that will make me look younger lol, i have always been complimented on my teeth being white but wish they were a bit sraighter, and if tonypub had posted the right numbers tonight they would soon be done along with the wayne rooney hair transplant, the Kenny rogers liposuction and the joan rivers face lift:eyebrows:

No MOOB job then ??????

marbro8
12-07-2011, 22:53
No MOOB job then ??????ooooh yes but tbh i am doing 60 mins on treadmill, 15 mins on new ab circle pro and 20 mins on weights a night just in case my numbers don't come up lol

onelegnofeet
13-07-2011, 08:01
ooooh yes but tbh i am doing 60 mins on treadmill,

Doesnt the Hamster mind then ????

Goforgold
13-07-2011, 08:27

You're right there!! Jasmine on Place in the Sun doesn't look quite right with the over whitened teeth. Whitening is great, but when it looks natural. :)

Added after 2 minutes:

beat me to it , i reckon defo false, i have mine done well 2 years ago and they looked proper good but then im not over 50 and elderly hahahahhahaha

No, your over eighty and well past it!!! :hat:

Jimandsi
13-07-2011, 10:33
Whitening is great, but when it looks natural. :)

Spot on GFG :)