PDA

View Full Version : Wish you were here postcards

Pink shoes
11-07-2011, 15:13
How many people still send these post cards?

Apparently 4 out of 10 people no longer send them. Instead they send a text or email.

Sending postcards can be a thumbs down when you have more important things to do like get down the beach/pub.:surf::cheers:

I think the cards are very welcome for those receiving.

We sent 3 cards on our last holiday but text the uk alot more.

onelegnofeet
11-07-2011, 15:29
Have you seen how much old postcards can bring ,so if everyone stops sending them what will future generations sell on .......FlogIt ,Antiques Roadshow,etc etc

Balcony
11-07-2011, 18:01
I used to always send a postcard to my mum and an aunt. I did send some to younger family members and I think their reaction could best be described as 'quaintly amused'. This is the generation that communicates with m by a 1, 2, or 3 syllable text message, certainly no longer than a line. From this I am to deduce their mood, their desires and what they want for birthday/Christmas etc.

I'm always thrilled if I receive an actual postcard, or better yet a proper letter. Too much excrutiating information in posts on Facebook "Picking my nose" "Checked in at McD" "Joe Likes rubbish" etc etc

debi
11-07-2011, 21:10
my ten year old daughter always sends one to my mum (so nan knows what we are getting up to) even though we ring a few times during the holiday.

She likes to cram as much information as she can on the card and sends its on the second day (even though by then we haven't actually done much!) in the hope that the card gets there before we get home.

dokgolf
11-07-2011, 21:13
Nope, i just send a MMS or a text( normally to annoy someone!)

wen53
12-07-2011, 01:25
My daughter sends one to her Gran. This year I think I'll send 1 to my grandaughter (although she can't read it)

Jackie
12-07-2011, 07:50
I have to admit that I can't remember the last time I sent a postcard. The kids always used to send one to my Mum and Dad when we were away and a few to their mates and that was about it. I have to admit though my eldest son who has recently been on a trip to Australia did send me a postcard from every location he stopped in and they are all pinned on the notice board in my office as I type :). Even though by the time they arrived I already knew what he had been up to thanks to Skype it was still nice to receive them.

cjd01
12-07-2011, 11:02
When I was out just over the week ago I sent 10! It's all part of the holiday for me! I just assume people are pleased to receive them - and Pop always complains if I dont send him his on the first day - even though there is next to nothing to put on it! LOL

lelmarky
12-07-2011, 11:35
we just post some nice pictures of the locality on facebook...cheaper than a stamp :)