PDA

View Full Version : Do you buy much on the internet?

Bazz
11-07-2011, 15:45
I buy quite a lot including clothes, shoes, holidays, weekend breaks, cameras, CDs, DVDs etc.
Today I had my car insurance renewal through the door and I thought it was a bit steep. (I use a local insurance broker). I have bought my travel insurance online for a few years now and thought I'd get a quote online for car insurance. It has come up at £162 cheaper than what the insurance brokers billed me and is with the same insurance company they were using!!!!! :poke: :gun:
No need to ask which way I'll buy my car insurance from now on .......................... :lol:

Pink shoes
11-07-2011, 16:00
I buy quite a lot of my shopping on the net too? Not so much supermarket food though as we like to go and choose in the shop.

I like to shop around on the net and go on the comparison sites. Using the computer and shopping from home is so convenient. No bus or car park fee's. No hassle of the sales staff and things are often better value.

Bazz
11-07-2011, 16:03
I agree totally Pink shoes

CIM
11-07-2011, 16:29
I used to when I lived in the UK - car, house, insurance (or at least found them on the net) but not so much in Tenerife

Balcony
11-07-2011, 17:18
I buy as much as I can on line: regular items, services. I do prefer to go to a shop to buy certain clothes like shoes, jackets or trousers because of the fit. The only things I am not interested in getting on line is supermarket shopping, but never say never!

On line purchases have grown since we now live semi-rurally. The local town doesn't have a great deal of choice, so instead of driving to the nearby (10+ miles) towns I prefer the computer.

atlantico
11-07-2011, 18:13
in UK everything is bought online - in Tenerife, nowt is bought online . . . . . weird !

Goforgold
11-07-2011, 18:16
I buy loads off the internet, cappo maker, Hard drive recorder thingie, make up - everything that's possible so that I avoid having to go to the shops - I hate shopping!! :)

TenerifeTeddy
11-07-2011, 18:36
in UK everything is bought online - in Tenerife, nowt is bought online . . . . . weird !

Not true, though admittedly as a business. My supplier for most of my computer components is a distributor in Santa Cruz, I order it all through their web portal and its normally delivered in 24-48 hours. Ofipapel also deliver if you place the order online.

The licencing I also order online from the UK for English versions, we also use Amazon a lot, and my wife uses Evans, and many different sites for teaching materials. All of our cards and DVD´s are also ordered online from UK distributors. So we use it a great deal.

wen53
12-07-2011, 01:29
I think I may be an Ebay addict! I sell my old stuff and the money that goes into paypal I spend on ebay items.

Balcony
12-07-2011, 07:51
Likewise. We're having some work done on our kitchen and all the old units and appliances all sold on Ebay.

Actually did similar when we had kitchen done in Tenerife, though ad was on the forum.

Never discount the old stuff. Everything has a value. In fact I'm getting ready for the car boot sales as have stuff to go.

I think I may be an Ebay addict! I sell my old stuff and the money that goes into paypal I spend on ebay items.

willowlily
12-07-2011, 10:36
Likewise. We're having some work done on our kitchen and all the old units and appliances all sold on Ebay.

Actually did similar when we had kitchen done in Tenerife, though ad was on the forum.

Never discount the old stuff. Everything has a value. In fact I'm getting ready for the car boot sales as have stuff to go.

i like to compare prices both on the internet and shops though unfortunatley the internet is cheaper on 99% of items, i fear for the high street but we have to vote with our wallets, cant remember how i survived before the internet
wish i could get up early like balcony to go to the car boot we have an enormous one every sunday near bournemouth airport, my garage could do with a sort out. might consider a garage sale.