PDA

View Full Version : What souvenirs do you bring back from Tenerife?

Pink shoes
11-07-2011, 15:50
What souvenirs do you bring back from Tenerife?

One nobody wants to bring back is sunburn,so pack plenty of suncream.

The cotton mats and table cloths usually find their way into our cases.

onelegnofeet
11-07-2011, 16:03
HOTEL ...................towels ,robes,cups saucers ,plates glasses ,pot pans,sadly not the patio furniture ,well not yet ..............i have a cunning plan !!!!

Leam_Lin
11-07-2011, 16:04
HOTEL ...................towels ,robes,cups saucers ,plates glasses ,pot pans,sadly not the patio furniture ,well not yet ..............i have a cunning plan !!!!

You naughty boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bazz
11-07-2011, 16:07
Don't bring a thing back as I don't think there is anything worth buying. Also if I started buying things in Tenerife I'd be well over the limit!
Used to buy all sorts of things years ago when I first started holidaying, you know the stuff ....... Spanish senorita dolls, bulls, hats etc. etc. the ususal rubbish. :crylaughing:

onelegnofeet
11-07-2011, 16:18
Don't bring a thing back as I don't think there is anything worth buying. Also if I started buying things in Tenerife I'd be well over the limit!
Used to buy all sorts of things years ago when I first started holidaying, you know the stuff ....... Spanish senorita dolls, bulls, hats etc. etc. the ususal rubbish. :crylaughing:

Confused.com .............nothing worth buying /over the weight limit ???:):)

Bazz
11-07-2011, 16:20
20kg
If I start buying over in Tenerife I'll be charged excess baggage!

Malteser Monkey
11-07-2011, 16:54
liquor 43 and queso blanco, the odd Welshman !! what else would you need...:whistle::love:

onelegnofeet
11-07-2011, 16:58
20kg
If I start buying over in Tenerife I'll be charged excess baggage!

But you said theres nothing worth buying ?????

Balcony
11-07-2011, 17:38
Wearing my tourist hat, I can say we buy absolutely nothing to take home and haven't done for a good number of years. Too much what is available around the resort areas is poor quality and would hold no memory. There have been some 'drunken' exceptions! What is good I can buy at home. I used to think camera shops gave good value, but there's no great saving, if anything. Truthfully, I'd have to be desperate to buy anything to take home.

We take home good memories and a relaxed feeling (till we wait for the plane).

When we buy for our apartment we do now buy most things on Tenerife, rather than bring things from the UK. Santa Cruz is great for shopping if you've got time and I do like that big multi-floor store there (once again my memory has failed me) and if only my wife would let me loose there.....

Margaretta
11-07-2011, 17:49
It really is hard to find good souvenirs from the island isn't it. The tablecloths are best quality from La Orotava and everything else such as pottery and glass can be attractive but end up as dust collectors.

Packets of seeds, if you have a greenhouse in the UK, are light to carry and when cultivated bring the memories home. But best of all are the photos. Yes, take more Balcony.
There's one thing I have long coveted. There's a shop in Puerto along the promenade which sells beautiful embroidered shawls. I would love one for me or as a colourful throw. They are very expensive but if I save the cents they may turn into euros one day!!!;);):pray:

Ed3229
11-07-2011, 17:54
SAND...........Still got it in the kids suitcase will need to clean it out soon as we have 78 days before we are back.

Goforgold
11-07-2011, 18:13
What souvenirs do you bring back from Tenerife?

One nobody wants to bring back is sunburn,so pack plenty of suncream.

The cotton mats and table cloths usually find their way into our cases.

I don't buy anything to bring back, except ciggies for my pet sitter :)

Sylla
11-07-2011, 19:33
Hubby's ciggies ... and dried herbs , from the little herb shop in Puerto ...especially saffron which is so cheap ...I have bought nice beach bags in the past .and the lovely drawn thread work you can get in Los Balcons ....Spanish dress for my grand-daughter and tee-shirts ....

Usually try to find a little pressy for the couple next door that keep an eye on our house while we are away ....we have given them ...Tenerife tea towel ....a fan ... a back scratcher ! Pashmena ....little table dishes ...but running out of ideas fast !!!! cos I don't like to buy crap and there is a lot of that about ...

Bazz
11-07-2011, 20:33
Originally Posted by Bazz
Used to buy all sorts of things years ago when I first started holidaying, you know the stuff ....... Spanish senorita dolls, bulls, hats etc. etc. the ususal rubbish.

Confused.com .............nothing worth buying /over the weight limit ???:):)

You're easily confused.
I said I USED to buy all sorts of stuff, including alcohol, but not any more.

Margaretta
11-07-2011, 20:34
Forgot. We buy loads of tea towels for Uk and tenerife. Very good value and wash beautifully.

pablo1
11-07-2011, 20:53
I always bring myself a green and red mojo sauce back. Sitting in the garden on a nice sunny day with a freshly baked baguette and my dips, washed down with a glass of San Val, it's nearly the same as being in Otello.... :-)

Suej
11-07-2011, 21:03
I donīt know why but I always used to end up taking back a few more pairs of shoes than I came with....?:doh:

Malteser Monkey
11-07-2011, 21:04
I donīt know why but I always used to end up taking back a few more pairs of shoes than I came with....?:doh:

ohhh yes Susie it's a must !

Suej
11-07-2011, 21:10
I always bring myself a green and red mojo sauce back. Sitting in the garden on a nice sunny day with a freshly baked baguette and my dips, washed down with a glass of San Val, it's nearly the same as being in Otello.... :-)
When youīre next over try Flores de Chasne (not sure if the spelling right) if you like San Valentine you will love this one!:drinking:

Sylla
11-07-2011, 22:45
QUOTE=Suej;57938]I donīt know why but I always used to end up taking back a few more pairs of shoes than I came with....?:doh:[/QUOTE]

Oh ! yes ! how could I have missed out ....shoes ! sandals ! A total blackout!!!! :ashamed: over the years I have found lovely shoes and sandals in Tenerife and Turkey:rolleyes:

wen53
12-07-2011, 01:23
always the obligatory fridge magnet for Gran (although she must have enough Tenerife ones by now!) My daughter always gets a keyring for her best mate a school. Oh and cigs of course for hubby. Too scared to buy alcohol in case the bottle breaks. Generally end up taking a coupe of mugs home too as the cups in the apartments are always too small so we end up buying 2 Tenerife mugs.

Balcony
12-07-2011, 07:56
Ah you must be my wife in disguise (I forgot about the shoes). LOL

Pink shoes
12-07-2011, 09:18
We bought some bags and put little things in them for our 2 daughters. Hair slides, shoe hanger thing, wooden coaster. One had x2 kidi books in Spanish as she wants to learn the language.....

In the market we also bought x2 wallets, also gifts.

I bought some new dresses, table clothes and a bath mat.

After a bit of arguing with the bags, cases and scales it all fits in and we did not pay for any over weight. It is always a hold your breath moment at check in to see if they agree with us. Last time we were dead on 40kg for the x2 cases.

onelegnofeet
12-07-2011, 14:35
You're easily confused.
I said I USED to buy all sorts of stuff, including alcohol, but not any more.

OOOOH!no need for me to buy a fishing rod ................they are jumping out of the water !!!!and such a small amount of bait :whistle::whistle:

Bazz
12-07-2011, 15:10
OOOOH!no need for me to buy a fishing rod ................they are jumping out of the water !!!!and such a small amount of bait :whistle::whistle:

You will have a big job ahead of you trying to reel me in :crylaughing::crazy: but good luck anyway :eyebrows:

onelegnofeet
12-07-2011, 15:11
You bitten twice already .............

Bazz
12-07-2011, 15:14
You bitten twice already .............

Funny I thought you might want to have the last word :gun::raspberry2:

Zara
13-07-2011, 22:53
Dried herbs and seeds Pfttt........
http://www.amsterdammarijuanaseedbank.com/Growguides/images/drying-marijuana-buds.jpg http://www.cannabis-pictures.com/Cannabis-seeds-mix.jpg