PDA

View Full Version : Where can I hire a car without a credit card in south Tenerife?

bern
11-07-2011, 21:03
Im looking for a car hire company that i can use that dont require a CREDIT CARD. I only have laser. Does anyone know of one plse. Going there next week

Help please

dokgolf
11-07-2011, 21:12
You could try setting up an account with Cicar ( no cr card required). I can't swear that they wont need a cr card for first time users, but the last time I used them, I just paid cash. ( Though this may be because I've been a customer several times before)

Jackie
11-07-2011, 21:13
Im looking for a car hire company that i can use that dont require a CREDIT CARD. I only have laser. Does anyone know of one plse. Going there next week

Help please

I am going to be blonde now, what is laser?

Autoreisen/Orcar at the the airport accept Debit cards, you can book on their website for collection when you arrive.

dokgolf
11-07-2011, 21:15
I am going to be blonde now, what is laser?

Autoreisen/Orcar at the the airport accept Debit cards, you can book on their website for collection when you arrive.

Its an Irish debit card scheme.

Help please

Hey fellow countyman!

slodgedad
11-07-2011, 21:18
Definitely not Hertz. My son arrived yesterday and had paid for a car rental on line with a debit card and was told all he needed was a passport and license when he arrived at the airport.

When he went to collect it, with all the paperwork and necessary documents they refused to let him have it without credit card details.

Worst of all they wouldn't give him a refund but told him he'd have to claim it when he gets back to the UK.

dokgolf
11-07-2011, 21:22
Definitely not Hertz. My son arrived yesterday and had paid for a car rental on line with a debit card and was told all he needed was a passport and license when he arrived at the airport.

When he went to collect it, with all the paperwork and necessary documents they refused to let him have it without credit card details.

Worst of all they wouldn't give him a refund but told him he'd have to claim it when he gets back to the UK.

That would drive me nuts. How could they hold onto the money for a service thath they didn't provide?? AAARRRRGGGHH!!!!

Jackie
11-07-2011, 21:23
Well Autoreisen or Orcar (same company) definately accept debit cards, my husband pays with one every visit

bern
11-07-2011, 21:27
Thankyou, i will look at them

r u living there or just a lover of tenerife?

slodgedad
11-07-2011, 21:30
There's also Orlando who my boy eventually went with. (I say boy, but he's 40 next) :whistle:

Jackie
11-07-2011, 21:35
I live here Bern but my husband still works in the UK so visits on a very regular basis and always uses the rental company that I mentioned. It is also the only company (I think) that does not charge for a full tank of petrol when collecting the car, you take the car back with the same amount of petrol in it that you collected it with

haha Slodge I am 52 but my dad still introduces me as his little girl:o

bern
11-07-2011, 21:38
thanks everyone, ive been on those sites and they say that you must present a credit card on arrival. I have e-mailed orcar so fingers crossed. Really want to see the north of the island. Also have to get used to driving ther if we are moving next year.

Jackie
11-07-2011, 21:45
thanks everyone, ive been on those sites and they say that you must present a credit card on arrival. I have e-mailed orcar so fingers crossed. Really want to see the north of the island. Also have to get used to driving ther if we are moving next year.

You definately definately do not need a credit card, we don't even process one, only debit cards.

dokgolf
11-07-2011, 22:04
I live here Bern but my husband still works in the UK so visits on a very regular basis and always uses the rental company that I mentioned. It is also the only company (I think) that does not charge for a full tank of petrol when collecting the car, you take the car back with the same amount of petrol in it that you collected it with

haha Slodge I am 52 but my dad still introduces me as his little girl:o

Have to give credit where it's due, Cicar also don't charge for a full tank of petrol.

casabonny
12-07-2011, 11:53
Sanasty Rent a car in Los Cris( will deliver to airoport ) do not need a card.Tel 922751130 or find them on the internet.

dixie4
12-07-2011, 13:43
I have used Autoriesen/Orcar a few times. Until last year they accepted cash but now they require a card. Debit or credit does not seem to matter.

One tip is always book through Orcar it is always cheaper, not by much but in the present times.........

d41pse
12-07-2011, 14:52
Is the Autoreisen and Orcar desk one and the same.

uptowngirl
12-07-2011, 19:00
We use a company that does not require a credit card.

Please email your specifications to info@tenerifesunshine.com

dixie4
12-07-2011, 22:50
Is the Autoreisen and Orcar desk one and the same.

Yes Autoreisen and Orcar are at the same desk in the airport. In fact if you book through Orcar you always get Autoreisen paperwork. Orcar always cheaper.

I rather like the convenience of the counter airside allowing sorting of the paperwork whilst waiting for cases on the carousel.

Dan747
12-07-2011, 23:00
Cicar definitely let you pay with cash, I was asked when I used them last month if I would be paying by card or cash when I picked up the keys. You could also try www.teneriferentacar.com, I've used them before and they allow you to pay via cash or debit/credit card.