PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy wonderweb in South Tenerife?

woo87
11-07-2011, 21:28
I'm after some wonderweb but have no idea where to buy it from. Please help if anyone knows.
Thanks

Jackie
11-07-2011, 21:29
Any of the Chinese shop do it in their haberdashery section. I have bought it there before now as I am not into sewing unless absolutely necessary ;)

woo87
11-07-2011, 21:33
Oh really thats fab did'nt think they would do it suppose they do sell everything!
I'm way to lazy to be sewing wonderweb is amazing haha..
Thankyou soo much i wil take a trip up tomorrow.

caroletenerife
11-07-2011, 21:39
The ones in San Eugenio dont, i had to go to the big one in Los Cris, try there...if you cant find it i have a roll of it, let me know if you need it

Jackie
11-07-2011, 22:09
Yeah have to admit it was in the large Chinese shop in Los Cristianos that I got it. Not the brand name 'Wonderweb' but does the same thing

woo87
11-07-2011, 22:11
thanks thats really nice of you.
I live in Golf Del Sur so i'll go to the ones in chafiras tomorrow or wednesday i'm sure one of the shops up there will have it.

MaxineC
11-07-2011, 23:42
I got some in Iceland, Chafiras... Actually, apart from Frys chocolate creams & pork pies, it's the only thing I go there for... I too am crap at sewing... ;)

wahay
12-07-2011, 14:57
i got mine from el kilo shops 3 euros for about 100 metres ........... joke ................... theres one of them in las chafiras

Chris P. Bacon
12-07-2011, 15:09
Sorry, I have to ask what wonderweb is? ???:crazy:

onelegnofeet
12-07-2011, 15:12
VELCRO type stuff ..............................not used by professional stitcher uppers

MrsTT
12-07-2011, 16:11
VELCRO type stuff ..............................not used by professional stitcher uppers

Not quite velcro - more glue on a strip that you iron on - to hem clothes with. Saves hours of stitching and makes a nice smooth hem! :)

Chris P. Bacon
12-07-2011, 16:29
Not quite velcro - more glue on a strip that you iron on - to hem clothes with. Saves hours of stitching and makes a nice smooth hem! :)

Oh ok, I know what you mean now thanks :hat:

I have never used it though...

Margaretta
12-07-2011, 16:33
I used it for all the apartment curtains about five or six years ago and have only just had to machine them up on one of those tiny sewing machines.....laborious, horrid! It shows how good is Wonderweb and I think the intense heat and wear and tear has finally caused the hems to drop.

Another excellent sewing place (hate it but do it when necessary) is a little, crammed, friendly shop behind the restaurants on the front of Las Galletas.

onelegnofeet
12-07-2011, 16:44

HEY ......................me male !!!:):):surrender:

Chris P. Bacon
12-07-2011, 16:51
Another excellent sewing place (hate it but do it when necessary) is a little, crammed, friendly shop behind the restaurants on the front of Las Galletas.

Yes they have a much better selection of haberdashery than El Kilo, also knitting needles and patterns.....

onelegnofeet
12-07-2011, 17:15
Yes they have a much better selection of haberdashery than El Kilo, also knitting needles and patterns.....

Do they sell silks and cottons for cross stitch ,little cottages ,do plumbing and building work for free whilst living in your home ,giving dancing lessons and buying tools ..........................OOOPS SLIPPED INTO CURTIS HELM MODE !!!!Sorry