PDA

View Full Version : Whats the first thing you do when you arrive in Tenerife?

Ed3229
12-07-2011, 08:02
Ok you have unpacked, looked around the apartment and put on the shorts, socks,desert wellies,football shirt (why do people think we want to know what team they support) hat and sunglasses.........What do you do first ????

Forgot to add.....The average british holiday maker will spend the first 30 min blowing up a menagerie of inflatable animals for the pool......

Balcony
12-07-2011, 08:07
Open the balcony doors, look over the pool and the sea, swig of water, unpack, put everything away, quick visit and then head for the pool bar

BobMac
12-07-2011, 08:26
Open patio doors, unpack the cases and put everything away, then head for nearest bar.

its not me
12-07-2011, 08:33
first thing.:kiss::kiss2: we test the bed

Pink shoes
12-07-2011, 08:36
We arrived on the rock last time mid evening. One of the first jobs was to source a 24 hour shop to get a few provisions such as water so at least we could have a coffee/tea in the morning.
Back at the apartment we opened a few cans and unpacked a few things.
Started the holiday and unpacked the cases the next day.

lelmarky
12-07-2011, 08:44
go to the bar for a few, then get water & milk for the apartment :)

TOTO 99
12-07-2011, 08:56
Bar.....there's a pattern forming here isn't there? :) Well, other than the loved up bed testers in post #4. They'll soon end up like the rest of us though..:cheers:

Ed3229
12-07-2011, 09:01
Bar.....there's a pattern forming here isn't there? :) Well, other than the loved up bed testers in post #4. They'll soon end up like the rest of us though..:cheers:

I was thinking forum members did interesting things like........Go to a restaurant,hit the pool,shopping ect but not head for the bar??

BobMac
12-07-2011, 09:03
Bar.....there's a pattern forming here isn't there? :) :cheers:

If you've just spent more than 4 hours on a RyanAir or EasyJet flight, you need a good ice cold drink to cheer you up

Peterrayner
12-07-2011, 09:09
I put the valuables and the passports away in the safe.

Then open the patio doors and call down to my lovely irish neighbour below and usually blag a cup of coffeee and a chat

Tenerife Property
12-07-2011, 09:49
Go for a walk to check out the area and get something decent to eat. Depends on the time of arrival of course.

karinagal
12-07-2011, 09:58
Open gate to complex, say hello to Steve at the pool bar and order a pint. Go into apartment, put case in, change into cossie, take money for pint, pay for pint, get in the pool (not with pint, leave it at the bar). Suitably cooled externally, I then apply pint to cool internally. Jobs a goodun'! :D

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Malteser Monkey
12-07-2011, 10:07
Get me kit off and run naked round the pool !!!:jumping::crazy: oh then have a large glass of vino.

Seriously open the patio doors step outside and look forward to whatever the next 2 weeks is going to offer me.

Then test the bed:kiss:

videotalker
12-07-2011, 10:15
We unpack, look in the cupboards to see what magical mysteries our previous clients have left us (!), pack away the valuables, then fill the fridge with lovely booze!

Happy days.

Leam_Lin
12-07-2011, 10:19
Unlock patio door, sweep the balcony & look out to sea & the view.

Margaretta
12-07-2011, 10:26
Oh dear! He puts on the electricity and water, I put the kettle on and he opens the patio doors and sweeps the desert sand off the balcony and furniture. We have a cuppa or a beer, change into something cooler (that bright t-shirt and skirt/shorts you wouldn't dream of wearing in the Uk!) and then off to Mercadona for the shopping. 33 years of marriage and the practicalities are first!:o:rolleyes:

Haha Leam-Lin! We posted at the same time!:crazy:

atlantico
12-07-2011, 10:30
Whats the first thing you do when you arrive in Tenerife ???

I step off the plane . . . . . . first !

dede
12-07-2011, 10:35
aww it all sounds lovely when you read it on a thread like this.....its lovely going on holiday, just wish i didnt live here so i could come on holidays here :surf::shark::cheer::cheers::kiss2:

d41pse
12-07-2011, 10:52
Go to El Cine for something to eat nuff said :hungry:

cjd01
12-07-2011, 11:05
Pop the valuables in the safe, grab the shorts and top that I laid just on top in the case - and then down to the pool bar for a cold pint and a snack!

williethetim
12-07-2011, 11:19
first pint at the airport....then taxi once queue dies down...

lelmarky
12-07-2011, 11:32
hmmmm....never thought of having a pint at the airport when arriving :spin:

junglejim
12-07-2011, 12:28
I usually do the 3 S's
Shower
Shave
Swally in local bar!
Usually get in at 20.00 hrs with Ryanair so make something out of first night .The majority of my clothes are already ironed and hanging up in my apartment when I left !

TOTO 99
12-07-2011, 12:37
I put the valuables and the passports away in the safe.

Then open the patio doors and call down to my lovely irish neighbour below and usually blag a cup of coffeee and a chat

Peter are you really Ken Barlow in disguise?

Villafan
12-07-2011, 13:04
Throw suitcases into the apartment. Unpacking can wait. Go on the lash. I'm on holiday.

onelegnofeet
12-07-2011, 14:27
Take off my legs ............... no leg room on the plane ,its a real killer

Malteser Monkey
12-07-2011, 14:33
Take off my legs ............... no leg room on the plane ,its a real killer

thought you'd come for a run round the pool with me

onelegnofeet
12-07-2011, 14:38
thought you'd come for a run round the pool with me

Sounds good ....................though once on i cant get off the bed ,you sexy beast !!!:kiss::kiss:

dokgolf
12-07-2011, 14:40
Get water. cereal, bread ,milk and 2 bottles of beer on way to apartment
dump the clothes in whatever drawer/wardrobe that comes to hand.
Wait for herself to go mental that I am creasing all the clothes
Take aforementioned 2 beers to balcony
Drink 2 beers while mrs puts away clothes that i had unpacked earlier.
Go to restaurant for food & couple of pints!

Bonnie1964
12-07-2011, 14:40
Change into shorts,valuables in the safe and the straight to Jags Bar for a beer and something to eat:hungry::cheers:

Peterrayner
12-07-2011, 14:49

Hardly :)

the seond thing I do is make off down to OJangles for drinks.

Malteser Monkey
12-07-2011, 14:57

Hardly :)

Dierdre ?

Peterrayner
12-07-2011, 15:03
Dierdre ?

Cheeky Monkey you are :)

Malteser Monkey
12-07-2011, 15:13
Cheeky Monkey you are :)

I know :crazy:

marbro8
12-07-2011, 18:38
much the same as everyone else really, we usually land about 7.00 ish with monarch get to apartment about 8.00 ish(depending on when the canarian baggage handlers decide to put the bags on the carousel) quick shower and change then get to el mirador complex have a quick shower and change, then down to taylors lounge for a few beers and to say hi to paul and the girls then chinese, but when we come over in october i think i will give the shower and change a miss because england are playing a qualifier so as we are staying at the compostela beach this time it's down to the rovers with my bro in law and nephews to watch whats left of the game and let the lovely ladies sort the cases out, well what do they know about football:eyebrows:

Susief
12-07-2011, 19:13
Empty the case! Put the kettle on then get into shorts and t shirt!

emmess
12-07-2011, 20:02
Open the patio doors, put away all the doily frilly things my mum usually adorns the apartment with when I'm not there, hubby checks for them micro ant things :gun: then retunes the TV :wall: (cos that's a priority - not) then, if suitably late in the day go and have a pint at Rosies, during happy hour and wait for my Mercadona delivery - heaven :cheers:

Sarah
12-07-2011, 20:37
I generally go to the supermarket first

conway
12-07-2011, 20:43
Open patio doors, take off warm clothes, boots & socks and walk around on marble floor with bare feet-bliss. Unpack whilst drinking beer and coke our cleaner leaves for us. Get on holiday gear - shorts and bathers if daytime - decent gear if later. Go to our local meet up with friends and usually on first night get totally wrecked.

Dan747
12-07-2011, 20:48
Within one hour of stepping off the plane, I'm in the local bar (generally land in the evening). Can sort the rest out in the morning after a few pints of dorada in a frozen glass!

TenerifeFanatic
12-07-2011, 20:56
Load the safe.....unpack the cases.........(whilst having a wee drink)........off to Mercadona and hopefully get a delivery the same day.........dip in the sea..............out for a meal and whatever....bed.....pure bliss!!!!!!

warbey
12-07-2011, 21:00
Within one hour of stepping off the plane, I'm in the local bar (generally land in the evening). Can sort the rest out in the morning after a few pints of dorada in a frozen glass!

Depending on Landing time, sounds good to Me. First thing is Food though. I dont enjoy an empty Stomach ans Beer wont fill it..

Leam_Lin
12-07-2011, 21:22
Load the safe.....unpack the cases.........(whilst having a wee drink)........off to Mercadona and hopefully get a delivery the same day.........dip in the sea..............out for a meal and whatever....bed.....pure bliss!!!!!!

Off topic I know, how does the delivery service at the Mercadona operate? thanks.

tonypub
12-07-2011, 21:30
Off topic I know, how does the delivery service at the Mercadona operate? thanks.open an account and buy online.or get your stuff instore then leave it with your details,they deliver for 5euro

Dan747
12-07-2011, 21:37
Depending on Landing time, sounds good to Me. First thing is Food though. I dont enjoy an empty Stomach ans Beer wont fill it..

I resolve that by buying some overly expensive food on the flight, or take a Boots Meal Deal with me onboard, although generally end up getting some proper food after a few pints anyway.

TenerifeFanatic
12-07-2011, 21:53
Off topic I know, how does the delivery service at the Mercadona operate? thanks.Fantastic!! You do need your passport though. I think it is something like 4.75 for a delivery but unlike Hiper Trebol you can buy as many waters as you like and you do not need to put your things through the checkout....just load your trolleys, get your details taken at the checkout, get a delivery time and it is as simple as that...but do remember to use your red, green and blue bags!! Great service!!

wen53
13-07-2011, 01:56
after unpacking etc.......trip to nearest supermarket for water, milk and sugar (bring my own 'Yorkshire Tea' bags) for a brew!! then get changed, out for a meal, then hit the bar/pub

Goforgold
13-07-2011, 08:47
Get me kit off and run naked round the pool !!!:jumping::crazy: oh then have a large glass of vino.

Seriously open the patio doors step outside and look forward to whatever the next 2 weeks is going to offer me.

Then test the bed:kiss:

You have to try and keep a blank mind when sleeping in those rental beds on holiday - otherwise those 'images' stop you from sleeping !!! :eek:

Worldwalker
13-07-2011, 14:25
Asking for the shortest way to the beach.:surf:

sparklegirl
13-07-2011, 15:15
Buy some drinks :cheers: for the room, have the drinks :cheers: on the patio get glammed up and party :rock::headbang: till the next morning :drinking:. Then unpack the next day :washing:

LeFrunk
13-07-2011, 17:38
Open patio doors , unpack , shower together(saves on water) test the bed , mercadona/trebol then the pool bar, test the bed (i like testing the bed) out for a nice meal and few cold ones then bed time.

sundownersvince
13-07-2011, 18:56
Turn Leccie and water on, put clothes away and stuff for brekkie I have bought with me in fridge. Take me clothes off and pad about on the nice cold tiles in me undies and think to myself I really should sweep and mop the floor.......Nah.....Make coffee, sit down and READ BILLS! At 9pm walk past the swimming pool to Sundowners Bar, say hello to all the nice peeps in there, get p****d, bore the nice peeps in there, fall asleep on the bar..........Vince, its 2 o'clock, GO HOME! He he, just about sums up day one, and I will see you all on Monday. :raspberry2:

lesbroz
14-07-2011, 16:09
Dump the bags in the bedroom. Quick wash and clean teeth. Then go straight to Casa Maria for something to eat with a nice bottle of wine. Call in Hiper Dino for milk (I need my cuppa in the morning) and a few bottles of wine to keep me going for a couple of hours. Then bed.

mrmotivator
15-07-2011, 13:50
As soon as we arrive, the missus will nip to the shop to pick up a few bits n bobs....whilst I take the suitcases up to the room. Unpack. Have a cuppa tea and cigarette on the balcony....quick shower, brush me teeth. Have a beer whilst sitting on the balcony, waiting for the missus to make herself look beautiful....then head down to Fanabe beach for cocktails at the beach bar.

Buttercup
15-07-2011, 16:39
Drop of suitcases, Merlins for Chinese buffet, then Fernandos.:) 1ltr Sangria for me couple of pints of Estrella for Hubby then home and bed! :love:

Ed3229
15-07-2011, 17:41
Ok you have unpacked, looked around the apartment and put on the shorts, socks,desert wellies,football shirt (why do people think we want to know what team they support) hat and sunglasses.........What do you do first ????

Forgot to add.....The average british holiday maker will spend the first 30 min blowing up a menagerie of inflatable animals for the pool......

Never said what I do..........I go straight down to the pool with the kids to cool off then after an hour or so head to the supermarket for some shopping.

J.Wentworth
21-07-2011, 06:46
Hello to all.......

My self Jason Wentworth and i am a newbie to this forum. I have to move to Tenerife for 3 months for spending some time in serenity and tranquility. I like the opinions of the people about what to do when reached to Tenerife ? I feel glad after reached here in this forum and gather some good knowledge about Tenerife.

delgirl
21-07-2011, 09:34
welcome to the forum have fun in tenerife

J.Wentworth
21-07-2011, 09:42
Hopefully i enjoyed Tenerife for sure.........

Teflon
21-07-2011, 17:05
Get a nice cool Dorada down one's throat.........quickly followed by a few more :cheers:

kingbaker
21-07-2011, 17:47

The first thing I do, when landing in Tenerife is to stand just as close as possible to the front - for when the steward opens the door and the lovely hot air rushes in, I know that I've arrived.

This is absolutely fab at 10.15 in the morning, in January when I have boarded the aircraft at -3C with ice and snow everywhere.

I then go to Delicious Del Teide near Mercadona in Las Chafiras for desayuno
(scrummy).

I must say I havn't seen any Brits blowing up their girlfriends --- guess thats a personal thing ha ha.

J.Wentworth
22-07-2011, 04:53
Get a nice cool Dorada down one's throat.........quickly followed by a few more :cheers:

I will go with it Teflon. Can you tell me about best bars and clubs in the Tenerife.

Yorkshire Remixer
22-07-2011, 18:53
all depends on what time i arrive; but it normally starts with an alcoholic drink! chicken tikka at my mums then cold lager and reminise as normally not see her for a year!

cant wait to move; about 6 months and counting (if savings go to plan!)

you'll be seeing more of me on here and will be trying to provide a good service of laptop repairs ;)