PDA

View Full Version : Beer cheer

slodgedad
29-05-2011, 00:01
Canary Islands - 26.05.2011 -

The Canary Islands were one of just two parts of Spain to see a rise in beer drinking last year. Figures from a national survey by the sector show that overall consumption increased here by just under 3%, in contrast to the 0.5% average fall seen elsewhere.

The survey also shows that Spain continues to be Europe's most lucrative market for alcohol-free beer, with 15% of total beer sales falling into this category.

Island Connections (http://www.islandconnections.eu/1000003/1000043/0/33025/daily-news-article.html)

sunspot
29-05-2011, 00:06
Alcohol free is not that easy to find,not good if you like a beer but unable to because of taking medication,alot
of bars just dont stock it and its not easy to drink lemonade all night..............i could not do it

West mids tyke
29-05-2011, 00:33
does that mean the other 85% is split between, local beers, imported beers and wine & spirits, would be interested to know the full stats then compare it to British beer consumption

tonypub
29-05-2011, 17:09
Alcohol free is not that easy to find,not good if you like a beer but unable to because of taking medication,alot
of bars just dont stock it and its not easy to drink lemonade all night..............i could not do iti know a pub that has alcohol free dorada:cheers:

sunspot
29-05-2011, 17:12
Tony we were in your pub on Friday night with AL JAY and sure enough you had Dorada sin,hubby was well contented.....where was you?

slodgedad
29-05-2011, 17:12
I wonder where that is, Tone?

tonypub
29-05-2011, 17:15
Tony we were in your pub on Friday night with AL JAY and sure enough you had Dorada sin,hubby was well contented.....where was you?friday my night off,sorry.met al jay on wednesday and i couldnt believe how many mutual aquaintences we got.

tonypub
29-05-2011, 17:16
I wonder where that is, Tone?just up the hill from the wigan pier

tonypub
29-05-2011, 17:18
Canary Islands - 26.05.2011 -

The Canary Islands were one of just two parts of Spain to see a rise in beer drinking last year. Figures from a national survey by the sector show that overall consumption increased here by just under 3%, in contrast to the 0.5% average fall seen elsewhere.

The survey also shows that Spain continues to be Europe's most lucrative market for alcohol-free beer, with 15% of total beer sales falling into this category.

Island Connections (http://www.islandconnections.eu/1000003/1000043/0/33025/daily-news-article.html)
my good friend at heineken tells me all sectors of the canaries are down in sales,but south tenerife bucks the trend and makes up the shortfall.tenerife south rocks

sunspot
29-05-2011, 17:26
friday my night off,sorry.met al jay on wednesday and i couldnt believe how many mutual aquaintences we got.

And he pretty good on the karoke too,and he had a few by then................

tonypub
29-05-2011, 17:28
And he pretty good on the karoke too,and he had a few by then................wish i was there now,tut.

Harmonicaman
29-05-2011, 17:30
my good friend at heineken tells me all sectors of the canaries are down in sales,but south tenerife bucks the trend and makes up the shortfall.tenerife south rocks
That wouldn't be Gustavo would it Tony?

tonypub
29-05-2011, 17:31
That wouldn't be Gustavo would it Tony?it would yes sir

Harmonicaman
29-05-2011, 17:34
it would yes sir
He is one of the good guys Tony, a pure gentleman and he likes the odd drink.:)

tonypub
29-05-2011, 17:38
He is one of the good guys Tony, a pure gentleman and he likes the odd drink.:)he dont like drinkin sambucs with me for some reason.youll be pleased to know he now has a gf.yeah hes a good guy.he left hieneken a few year ago and give me loads of tips to get the best deals so he cant really argue with me now hes back,i know it all,lol.

bonitatime
29-05-2011, 18:33
Not sure about PDLA but most places now seem to stock alcohol free in bottles. I was amazed in Madrid that they have it on draft as well.

CIM
29-05-2011, 19:16
I can never find light beer anywhere. My missus always looks for Bud light but hasnīt found a bar that serves it. I think there's a light version of just about every brand in the US - none of the beer companies interested here?

tonypub
29-05-2011, 19:20
I can never find light beer anywhere. My missus always looks for Bud light but hasnīt found a bar that serves it. I think there's a light version of just about every brand in the US - none of the beer companies interested here?it is out there,just not many ask for it.i wish i could stock every beer in the world but it just aint practical space wise and keepin stock in date

sunspot
29-05-2011, 19:24
The Bucklers sin is Hubbies favourite and you can get it over here but as long as there are a few cans of dorada sin available hes happy

tonypub
29-05-2011, 19:26
The Bucklers sin is Hubbies favourite and you can get it over here but as long as there are a few cans of dorada sin available hes happyyes,its in heinekens product range,ill make some enquiries

slodgedad
29-05-2011, 19:26
I can never find light beer anywhere. My missus always looks for Bud light but hasnīt found a bar that serves it. I think there's a light version of just about every brand in the US - none of the beer companies interested here?

Light beer in America isn't alcohol free, it's low alchol which can be as high as 3.2%, similar to a bitter in the UK.

The reason they made the difference was because over 18s and under 21s were only allowed low strength beer in some States.

Don't ask me for a link I am going be experience, albeit 40 years ago...:cheers::cheers: