PDA

View Full Version : Is Smart Media Desktop Browser A Better Alternative To Chrome?

SuzyQ
12-07-2011, 23:55
Just seen this on the internet.

Well, if you haven’t guessed by now Smart Media Technologies is the parent company of Smart Media Desktop which is the product. The product is a computer application or, I guess I should say, program which can be downloaded for free. Don’t go jumping on it yet though. You need to find out what’s going on which we will get into now.

Smart Media Technologies-History and Leadership

David Martin is the guy behind Smart Media Technologies. He is the founder and the CEO. There’s an Australian connection here somewhere with this company. I don’t know if David Martin is American or an Aussie. The American home office is in Henderson, NV which is just outside of Las Vegas. The Australian home office is located in Sydney.

David and the people who are part of his team have about 15 years of experience in designing software used in fraud security systems for large companies such as some banks and insurance firms.

The rest of it goes on about how to make money from it, but we´ll come to that later. Basically, it is free to the end user, but you must download it from a SMT rep. As a rep you can personalise your own version so when the end user does download it they see your banner, which links to your website, if you have one. So what is it?
Well, its in 2 sections if you like, the desktop section and the browser. The browser speaks for itself, but I have to say, having used it for 4 months, its fast (they claim 5 times that of Chrome, but I dont know how they calculate this??) and i like the visual bookmarks / history. The desktop has many built in, free features.
1. Smart Library. Training videos on the likes of Facebook, Twitter, Open Office and other useful internet apps. Handy for the not so media smart.
2. Super Content where you can watch free films (no need to download, watch in real time), listen to streamed music, download free software, shop via an online Bargain Finder, and play video games. The company say pay per view sport will be available soon.
Thats about it. Version 3.0 is imminent and the company are hell bent on getting the world using SMD. It is a way of generating income too. Live Arico is a rep, and also one forum member that I know of. For anyone who is internet savvy and "gets it" its a no brainer, but as I say, thats for another day. For now, I would welcome comments about the product itself. Please download it and let me know. Go to www.livearico.funeasycomputer.com and Select "Dowload SMD" from the Super Content Section. As a free user the login is livearico.
Look forward to your comments :)

timmylish
13-07-2011, 01:44
The browser speaks for itself, but I have to say, having used it for 4 months, its fast (they claim 5 times that of Chrome, but I dont know how they calculate this??).

Simples! Place two identical lap tops on desk using the same internet connection/router. Install Chrome on one and this "programme' on the other. Press start whilst holding expensive stop-watch and then see which is faster!

SuzyQ
13-07-2011, 15:21
Thanks for that Timmy, I´ll give it a go ;)

Suej
13-07-2011, 16:46
Thanks for that Timmy, I´ll give it a go ;)

Let us know how you get on Suzy? :hello:

Balcony
13-07-2011, 16:56
Sounds interesting. Tomorrow I'll give it a go.

BobMac
13-07-2011, 20:50
Like the look of this

Will give it a go

SuzyQ
16-07-2011, 18:07
Well they released version 2.5 for beta testing last night. My God its fast, and I thought version 2.0 was speedy. Will be putting the new version through its paces and reporting any glitches so they can get it released to the free users asap. This lies the platfrom for version 3.0 about which they are not giving much away except by saying "its a quantum leap froward in the industry". Excited to be involved at the beginning.

timmylish
16-07-2011, 22:53
No results yet guys?

junglejim
16-07-2011, 23:05
Looks like a Pyramid scheme to me - 10ft barge pole !
http://www.scampond.com/smart-media-desktop-scam/641

SuzyQ
17-07-2011, 01:58
Thanks for that Jungle Jim but if you read the link you posted you would see that it is askiing for any negative feedback but cant find any. The thread comments confirm this. Look, Im not trying to get anyone into anything. I KNOW how much money can be made from this :whistle: I dont want a review of the business, only the product, which is free to the end user. Download it, tell me what you think, and if you dont like it, uninstall it. Simples.