PDA

View Full Version : Where is an sti/ gum clinic South Tenerife?

Debbie_22
13-07-2011, 07:25
Hey all pretty simple question and sorry to announce like this but where the hell r sti and gum clinics in south tenerife. Hopefully las americas or los cris. Emergency!!!!!!

Chris P. Bacon
13-07-2011, 07:43
Can you please tell us what sti and gum clinics are?

williethetim
13-07-2011, 07:49
sexual disease clinic

Chris P. Bacon
13-07-2011, 07:59
sexual disease clinic

And gums! all in one clinic?

tonypub
13-07-2011, 08:03
costa adeje hospital,near the bus station/bouganville hotel.you been suckin summat you shouldnt?

Chris P. Bacon
13-07-2011, 09:12
Where I come from it's called STD so I thought she wanted some sort of orthadontist :crazy:

Just wondering if it was URGENT why she has signed off, or is this another wind up? ???

MaxineC
13-07-2011, 09:26
costa adeje hospital,near the bus station/bouganville hotel.you been suckin summat you shouldnt?

That just made me spit tea all over my laptop.... :crylaughing: :crylaughing:

Debbie_22
13-07-2011, 10:22
Right ta all. No still online. Knew I shudnt hav posted on here but quickest way to get a reply to things. Tony lol. And chris REALLY???? Also would going to 'british doctor' b a waste of time??

Added after 8 minutes:

Actually ignore end of last one. Just rang british doctor, for anyone who wants to stay informed they require 30++ per test and assured me that tenerife doesn't hav any family planning or sexual health clinics to go to. Sooooo back to researching

Indigo
13-07-2011, 11:25
I'm pretty sure the green clinic do that and a lot of the docs speak eng - 922 75 00 22

tonypub
13-07-2011, 11:27
the hospital i said does it,the lab is attatched.so its all rolled into one.trust me

megsdad
13-07-2011, 11:39
the hospital i said does it,the lab is attatched.so its all rolled into one.trust me

thats what the last fellah said to her!!

MrsTT
13-07-2011, 12:58
Assuming this is a serious question :teacher:- I have found a link here (http://tenerifeteenguide.synthasite.com/sexual-health.php) The information may be out of date though as the page was created in 2009.

Could I ask all the jokers - in the interests of being supportive to this forum member, funny though the jokes may be - if it was your family or friend who needed the advice would you be so flip?

If someone is winding people up, then in my opinion, it may deter people who need genuine help, from risking using the forum.

Debbie_22
13-07-2011, 16:52
Right just to let people know that this was not a joke and I would never joke about stuff like that. Thanks to everyone that has been most helpful and yes lol at some of the remarks. If anyone wants to know I found a good clinic / medical consultants in san eugenio, opposite laguna park 1. Let's be fair I'm sure someone was gonna have to ask for an sti/gum / std Tclearly depending on where ur from) at some stage. But to clarify disease and infection are quite different and hence there abbreviation. No idea why its sometimes called gum, but not DENTIST!!

Chris P. Bacon
13-07-2011, 16:56
I'm glad you got sorted. Seems I lead a sheltered life eh? :crazy:

abbeyann22
13-07-2011, 17:00
gum.......genito urinary medicine

Zara
13-07-2011, 17:28

These young uns can teach us a thing or two :)

sundownersvince
13-07-2011, 19:04
That just made me spit tea all over my laptop.... :crylaughing: :crylaughing:

Me too, thought Pip must be back on the Forum!

abbeyann22
13-07-2011, 19:59
I wish!! Not so exciting. worked 20 year sin the NHS!

Greg
13-07-2011, 21:31
the Adeje Hospital is waaay safer than the deathtrap Green clinic. A+ service. Not that i've had any GUMS or STI's. Not this week anyway. :whistle:

Dan747
14-07-2011, 00:21
Yep as mentioned above, GUM stands for Genitourinary Medicine, which is the proper medical name for an 'STI' clinic.

It's interesting to note that the latest research coming out from GUM clinics is that upto 80% of people will at some stage in their life get an STI, but many won't even know it. The most common infection at the moment is the HPV or ‘human papillomavirus’ which is the virus that is responsible for warts/verrucas on the body, or in this case a strain of HPV that can cause them downstairs. It is estimated that a large percentage of the UK population will at some stage suffer from it, however the majority will not even know they've had it because most will not show any symptoms and the body's immune system will eventually fight off the virus on its own.

Given the goings on in Las Americas of an evening with the amount of young Brits and other nationalities over for the three S's, more emphasis should really be put on getting tested in Tenerife.

MaxineC
14-07-2011, 00:50
Assuming this is a serious question :teacher:- I have found a link here (http://tenerifeteenguide.synthasite.com/sexual-health.php) The information may be out of date though as the page was created in 2009.

Could I ask all the jokers - in the interests of being supportive to this forum member, funny though the jokes may be - if it was your family or friend who needed the advice would you be so flip?

If someone is winding people up, then in my opinion, it may deter people who need genuine help, from risking using the forum.

I hope Debbie saw that some of the comments weren't mocking, or taking away the seriousness of the topic, but there were some very funny ones, especially Tony's :D You also have to admit, the title intrigued us all, and took us aback when we realised what it actually referred to... ;)

A new one on me too... ;)

the Adeje Hospital is waaay safer than the deathtrap Green clinic. A+ service. Not that i've had any GUMS or STI's. Not this week anyway. :whistle:

Have to disagree wholeheartedly! They saved my life last year, and I have received first class service ever since... Couldn't recommend them highly enough!!

onelegnofeet
14-07-2011, 08:47
Given the goings on in Las Americas of an evening with the amount of young Brits and other nationalities over for the three S's, more emphasis should really be put on getting tested in Tenerife.

Well! thats it for me then ,no more .................Sun ,Sea,and Sangria ,never knew you could catch STDs from those ,Thanks

Medman
14-07-2011, 09:04
STD ........ is this a code ?

MrsTT
14-07-2011, 11:30
STD ........ is this a code ?

To Maxine - yes the jokes were funny as Debbie herself agreed in her post.

The abbreviations are: sexually transmitted disease (STD), also known as a sexually transmitted infection (STI), or venereal disease (VD)

Dan747
14-07-2011, 18:07
Well! thats it for me then ,no more .................Sun ,Sea,and Sangria ,never knew you could catch STDs from those ,Thanks

Oh yea you definitely need to be careful when doing all those 3 in copious amounts.... you never know what you may catch :lol:

kingbaker
20-07-2011, 22:13

Hi not sure whether you mean Hospiten Sur near the football stadium in Las Americas or not .If so I cant agree. I was there for a week in coronary care this time last year and received fab care and attention.
Fab Treatment
Fab Staff -- one nurse in particular
Fab Food

Maybe you had a different experience Greg and maybe you could let us know?