PDA

View Full Version : Can you help this dog?

Apollo
13-07-2011, 14:49
I would very much appreciate this staying in the General section as opposed to being moved to the, somewhat hard to find, pet section please as this is very important. Thank you mods, your co-operation on this is very much appreciated.

This is an urgent appeal for Holly, the Pointer dog.

We are moving house on Friday and the new home just hasnt got the right level of security for her without spending vast amounts of money to make it safe for her. The bars on the gates and fences are wide enough for her to slip her slender (some might say thin!) body through, amongst other things.

Holly, some of you may know, is a foster dog who we picked up mid December 2010 off the streets. She was in a frightful state, full of cuts and scars and desperately thin.
Since then we have cared for and funded her ourselves (7 months now) barring a the odd very kind donation of food from extremely thoughtful people. This funding has included all veterinary treatment (including vaccinations), initial care program with medication, kenneling for a week whilst we went back to the UK, feeding etc etc. As you can imagine this all mounts up and given we are not the richest of people there comes a time when you have to say enough is enough.

We adore this dog but she was always to be taken on on a fostering basis. We have our own menagerie and we need to obviously ensure we are able to look after them to the highest standard.
We have had numerous time wasters who think it is ok to offer her a home and then have us running round in circles driving here, there and everywhere to get her to them only to be told "I cant have one anymore, my landlord wont let me" or....my favourite..." I want an aggressive dog that barks a lot, she is no good"

My appeal and plea is this. Can ANYBODY offer this wonderful, friendly, happy dog a home?
She is around 18 months old
Female
Pointer (with a fraction of something else in her)
Black with black and white speckly front legs
Vaccinated
Excellent with people and dogs alike
Needs outdoor access for a lot of the day

Can anyone give this girl the home she needs? Be it permanent of foster.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/229773_10150591177200183_715525182_18475755_235392 5_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/227593_10150591178075183_715525182_18475780_206886 _n.jpg

She Sells Seashells
13-07-2011, 16:28
We can't take her as we have two Staffies, but for anyone considering it, we know Holly and can vouch for the fact that she is a lovely lovely girl who deserves a good home, and her new family will be very lucky. I hope someone will take a chance on this fabulous dog.

Vivy
13-07-2011, 19:02
Pointers are such wonderful, intelligent dogs and make super pets. Unfortunately they do need a lot of exercise so for an aging lady like me will be no good. She needs a family home with some energetic children or even a very active retired person who loves walking.

Can she not be homed in Germany?

Apollo
13-07-2011, 22:06
Hey Vivy.
They are such wonderful dogs aren't they!

I have actually approached the Germany thing with an offer to cover costs myself but that sadly didnt go anywhere :(
She is a great dog and really needs someone who can give her the love she needs.

I hope that that person is out there.

Apollo
14-07-2011, 14:12
Bumping this. Holly needs you. Can you help?

Suej
14-07-2011, 14:43
Bumping this. Holly needs you. Can you help?

Good luck with rehoming Holly Apollo! she looks so sweet!