PDA

View Full Version : State Schools in Tenerife : Addresses, Phone No's, Matriculation, Calendars etc

MrsTT
29-05-2011, 00:04
A lot of members have been asking for information regarding specific school contact details recently. Here are some links from the Gobierno de Canarias Education website. It is in Spanish, but fairly easy to understand. If you have any questions, please post in the thread below.

If there's any other links you require, post below and I will do my best to find them and amend this thread.

HERE (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/docs/tenerife-schools.pdf) is a PDF file I have made containing a list of ALL the Schools in Tenerife (State and Private) with addresses and phone numbers. State schools are in blue, private are in yellow. This list is in English.

HERE (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/docs/school-calendar_2012-13.pdf) is the current school calendar (not including local fiestas). *updated 2012-2013 by Kirsty*

http://www.gobiernodecanarias.org/educacion/interno.asp?url=/udg/cen/admalumnos/AdmisionAlumnosPrim11.htm is where you can find the matriculation calendar and the Solicitud for matriculating you child into infant or primary school.

Hopefully Kirsty will be able to post the up to date links ready for the new term.

Schlossmacher
23-06-2011, 17:09
This is very helpful! Do you know of any private schools with boarding?

MrsTT
23-06-2011, 17:31
This is very helpful! Do you know of any private schools with boarding?

I havenīt heard of any so far - but I keep finding new things out about this amazing island everyday!

lauraleah
26-07-2011, 21:50
is it difficult or a struggle to find a place for british children in state school? just in uk there can be lots of waiting lists etc and catchment areas? hoping to move out end of 2012/2013 but my youngest will be almost 4 by then and my eldest will be alost 9

KirstyJay
26-07-2011, 22:32
is it difficult or a struggle to find a place for british children in state school? just in uk there can be lots of waiting lists etc and catchment areas? hoping to move out end of 2012/2013 but my youngest will be almost 4 by then and my eldest will be alost 9It all depends on where you choose to live and how full the classes are in the nearest school for your children's age group. Normally the resorts seem to be harder to get places in, whereas if you live a little more out of town then it can be easier. You would ultimately have to contact the school nearest your prospective house to find out their saturation or allocation nearer the time.

Loaded
26-07-2011, 22:53
We found it painful getting our eldest into school and ended up paying for her to go to Echeyde in buzanada - it's a semi private school with some government funding, 169 euros per month including dinners, plus they're there 8.30 to 4.30.

KirstyJay
26-07-2011, 23:03
We found it painful getting our eldest into school and ended up paying for her to go to Echeyde in buzanada - it's a semi private school with some government funding, 169 euros per month including dinners, plus they're there 8.30 to 4.30.Which area though? Some schools are very easy to get into... it all depends on the number or people in the area versus the number of available places and the capacity of the school. My school has capacity for about 30 more kids, however some years are over capacity and some have loads of space.

Many schools in the west are well under capacity at the moment, because of the recession... people just haven't had as many kids over the past 3 years! The seem to have cut back on conjugals too ;)

margo
06-02-2012, 10:10
We found it painful getting our eldest into school and ended up paying for her to go to Echeyde in buzanada - it's a semi private school with some government funding, 169 euros per month including dinners, plus they're there 8.30 to 4.30.

HI there am enquiring into schoold and was wondering if you could give me the contact details for this school please :spin:

margo

doreen
06-02-2012, 14:00
HI there am enquiring into schoold and was wondering if you could give me the contact details for this school please :spin:

margo

Don't forget Google :)
http://www.colegioecheyde.com/CONTACTO.HTM

http://www.colegioecheyde.com/COLEGIO3.HTM

margo
06-02-2012, 14:02
Thank you doreen :D

tinkerbell16
05-07-2012, 20:00
Hi
I have just moved to san eugenio alto and am wondering where is the nearest spanish school for me to start my little girl there in september?

MrsTT
06-07-2012, 08:05
Hi
I have just moved to san eugenio alto and am wondering where is the nearest spanish school for me to start my little girl there in september?

I have merged your post with an existing thread. The list of schools is in the first post on the thread.

KirstyJay
08-07-2012, 20:05
Hi

For San eugenio, it's probably CEIP Faņabe. It'll be a taxi or bus away though, if you don't have a car.

tinkerbell16
14-08-2012, 23:29
Thank you for the list it is very helpful i am just wodering what is the difference betw CEIP, EMM, EOEP which is more relevant to a 5year old starting school

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Hi
I have just moved to Tenerife a month ago i am just wondering what is necessary to enrol my 5 yr old in school considering the NIE no is now only valid for 3 months is she still entitled to go to school does anyone know?

MrsTT
15-08-2012, 08:53
You need to read this thread about the Spanish education system http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?64-The-Spanish-Education-System-explained

http://www.diana-mcglone.com/ has lots of useful advice about all things in Tenerife.

I think you are muddling the NIE with something else as that stays with you for life - a bit like the national insurance number in UK.

KirstyJay
15-09-2012, 17:44
I have managed to get hold of this year's school calendar from my old headmistress, so this is the official calendar from the Gobierno de Canarias, despite the fact that they don't even publish it on their own websites ;)

Obviously, local fiestas are not included on it, you'll have to ask about those at your individual schools.

http://www.tenerifeforum.org/docs/school-calendar_2012-13.pdf

judetenerife
24-09-2012, 22:57
there is a thread on a fb group which is talking about a change in the law that children can now only start infantil in the year they are 4 instead of the year they are 3. can any of the educators on here confirm / clarify? thanks x

KirstyJay
25-09-2012, 01:31
I have not heard anything as yet, and it's certainly not happening this year, but I can ask on Thursday. It wouldn't surprise me... Less staff = less education costs...

judetenerife
25-09-2012, 21:19
thanks kirsty - yes please if you could ask. thanks

Dawnlouise
12-03-2013, 12:24
Can you help me? Which is best place to put a 4yr old boy from june onwards? I will ve working from 9:30-6:30 we live in palm mar. Thank s

bonitatime
12-03-2013, 13:30
Echeyde for the hours you work
Preschool you pay but it guarantees a place

fonica
12-03-2013, 14:05
there is a thread on a fb group which is talking about a change in the law that children can now only start infantil in the year they are 4 instead of the year they are 3. can any of the educators on here confirm / clarify? thanks x

According to Parque de la Reina School this is true.The children starting this year in September will be 4 or rising 4's.

Dawnlouise
12-03-2013, 14:16
Where is echeyde? Is that a pre school or a normal school and what are the fees for it

Loaded
12-03-2013, 20:48
It's from ages 3-17 my daughter goes there. It's part funded by government so a month including school dinners is 180 .

It's between guaza and buzanada

tindiriushka
07-04-2014, 09:19
I have merged your post with an existing thread. The list of schools is in the first post on the thread.

Hi,

I cant open this PDF file.. maybe you could sent me to my email tindiriushka et gmail.com

Thank you!

TenerifeTeddy
07-04-2014, 16:08
I'm afraid the neither myself or MrsTT have access to the original pdf.

Hi,

I cant open this PDF file.. maybe you could sent me to my email tindiriushka et gmail.com

Thank you!

cryssa
21-06-2014, 16:51
Hello, I want to know if only the husband works can register girl at school / kindergarten (ages 6) than I would prefer to give the nursery that knows neither English nor Spanish and the little daycare (7 months) I want to know if it is free and if you can enroll in August is about Adeje, if you know what that area schools or kindergartens / nurseries and what documents should resemble? Thank you!

bonitatime
22-06-2014, 22:20
You cant do anything in August all school offices re open in September
To find out what documents you need you can search the forum
Daycare place in Adeje is in Los Olivos but my understanding is it's limited. If you get a place then try to get the older one in Los Olivos school as they are linked

tcampbell
09-03-2015, 15:52
Can you tell me when the Easter Holidays are, please? The school is IES Adeje II. Thanks, Tracey