PDA

View Full Version : Robbery In Los Cristianos this morning

delderek
13-07-2011, 19:14
Just heard the Exchange shop in Oasis Del Sur ( Paserella shopping centre) robbed at gunpoint this morning, and one of the staff hit over the head with the pistol. This I think is the second time, the first being around 3 years ago.

marbro8
13-07-2011, 19:36
Just heard the Exchange shop in Oasis Del Sur ( Paserella shopping centre) robbed at gunpoint this morning, and one of the staff hit over the head with the pistol. This I think is the second time, the first being around 3 years ago. is that the one just up from the el mirador? do they have any descriptions of the robbers?

delderek
13-07-2011, 19:46
is that the one just up from the el mirador? do they have any descriptions of the robbers?

Yup its the one next to Manhatten, the entrance to Spar,, sorry I have no more details, but I'm sure more will follow.

Andy0210
13-07-2011, 21:05
Ah i wondered what it was, i went past this morning about 09.30 and there was police everywhere i wondered if it was the bank. I knew it had to be something serious there was dozens of police and cars there, and also an ambulance about 10 ish.

Incognita
13-07-2011, 22:25
The owner of the Oasis Exchange is now back at home, by all accounts she put up a good fight but was very shaken - the attempts robber had pulled up in a blue car and had a gun but he got away. Its possible he had follwed her from the bank this morning

timmylish
14-07-2011, 02:44
"she put up a good fight"

Stupid, stupid lady. Just for a few quid! Totally sensless.

TOTO 99
14-07-2011, 06:24
"she put up a good fight"

Stupid, stupid lady. Just for a few quid! Totally sensless.

C'mon Timmylish, she's not stupid. It's not only about money, it's a natural reaction and she wouldn't have had time to think about it. For all we know she may have been protecting other staff. Either way she was the victim not the baddie. She'll probably never be quite the same again. Nothing stupid about that.

Chayofa Tete
14-07-2011, 07:21
I know what you mean not worth the possible consequences for any amount of money but stupid no, I think a natural if not always correct reaction most of us would probably react the same.

atlantico
14-07-2011, 09:33
amazes me how many exchange shops and even banks deal with thousands of Euros a day . . . . . . . from behind an insecure desk !!

Our local one dips into a desk drawer for cash each time I want £4k changed ! And there's a safe on view ! And no CCTV !

NOT saying its their fault, by the way, just hard to believe they operate in this manner.

They should take security tips from the UK Banks and Post offices etc. Big walls and bulletproof screens with coded door locks !

TOTO 99
14-07-2011, 10:03
amazes me how many exchange shops and even banks deal with thousands of Euros a day . . . . . . . from behind an insecure desk !!

Our local one dips into a desk drawer for cash each time I want £4k changed ! And there's a safe on view ! And no CCTV !

NOT saying its their fault, by the way, just hard to believe they operate in this manner.

They should take security tips from the UK Banks and Post offices etc. Big walls and bulletproof screens with coded door locks !

4K eh? those friends & family are certainly very generous..:)

timmylish
14-07-2011, 11:06

Now that really is stupid!

atlantico
14-07-2011, 13:59
4K eh? those friends & family are certainly very generous..:)

I changed £10k once, and they had €6k in desk drawer and the rest in an OPEN safe behind them !

I think they consider themselves safe because 'Police have guns' so no one would be stupid enough to try and rob them !

Margaretta
14-07-2011, 14:28
If anyone knows the poor lady who was hurt and the shocked staff please pass on the good wishes of Forum members. Yes I am speaking for us all....we are FRIENDLY and we know that you can't always anticipate your actions in a frightening situation.

Balcony
14-07-2011, 15:17
Pasarrela is easy place to get away from. Shame about the violence, but you have to defend yourself sometimes

TOTO 99
14-07-2011, 15:17
I changed £10k once, and they had €6k in desk drawer and the rest in an OPEN safe behind them !

I think they consider themselves safe because 'Police have guns' so no one would be stupid enough to try and rob them !

Hopefully they won't wait until something worse happens before strengthening security.

tracey
14-07-2011, 20:18
If anyone knows the poor lady who was hurt and the shocked staff please pass on the good wishes of Forum members. Yes I am speaking for us all....we are FRIENDLY and we know that you can't always anticipate your actions in a frightening situation.

I will pass it on

berni
15-07-2011, 09:43
The law states that to operate a money exchange you have to have minimum 2 staff at all times in the office or local, I have been passed this particular exchange and have normally only seen 1 person in there most of the time, how stupid to go to the bank and carry that amount of money on a regular basis. In a credit crisis time like we have now, surely extra care should be taken at all times as so many desperate people are willing to chance their arm for a lesser amount than is carried in a money exchange.
As for the putting up a good fight, if all insurances were up to date and correct the money being transported from the bank to the exchange would be covered up to a certain amount.
I do feel sorry for the person in question but there are harsh lessons to be learned here