PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool Waterfront

COL NIL SATIS
14-07-2011, 00:38
Showcasing the Beautiful City of Liverpool :):):)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ7d6NeqZRk&feature=player_embedded#at=33

Music From FIFA 12 ---Introduction not yet released

My Home city has come on a long long way over recent years ,we now have Liverpool 1 the biggest Shopping complex in Europe and even though there is a massive recession in the UK at present ,Liverpool is moving onwards and upwards ,its great to see and be apart of .....I love this city

Added into my blogs :)

Hope you guys enjoy it :hello:

candy2411
14-07-2011, 07:54
Just love the city....a wonderful day out is to visit Liverpool 1 for great shopping, wander around the Albert Dock, Cavern Quarter for fab memories

and of course end up in Jamie Carragher's bar for lunch !:cheer:

AL JAY
14-07-2011, 23:42
You were doing well there candy till you mentioned where you were going for lunch:whistle::D

candy2411
15-07-2011, 06:29
why shouln't a classy sports bar with great decor, lots of memorabilia, fab food etc appeal to all , doesnt matter if you're a red or a blue!:)

anniemc
15-07-2011, 19:49
Loved the views of Liverpool, made me a little homesick, but it couldn't capture the unique atmosphere of the place which is all about the wonderful people (be them red or blue- but don't let my OH hear that!).

marbro8
15-07-2011, 19:58
my mom's family come from liverpool and is so proud of em all(can't see it myself being a midlander:eyebrows:) but whenever she gets the chance she goes up there to meet "our billy" or "our ralph" and she said the money spent on the water front has made it magical

Harmonicaman
15-07-2011, 20:51
Loved the views of Liverpool, made me a little homesick, but it couldn't capture the unique atmosphere of the place which is all about the wonderful people (be them red or blue- but don't let my OH hear that!).

If you take iron tablets you'll be able to change your username...:eyebrows:

Only joking...:banana:

Buttercup
15-07-2011, 21:10
Not been to Liverpool for a while but will deffo take a look at Liverpool 1 :)

leojohn
15-07-2011, 21:19
I used to hang around the docks when I was a kid,I watched the ships being unloaded,it was magical to me,,my dad and 2 of my brothers were dockers as were a lot of men in our road and to see the place revived as it is is great

anniemc
15-07-2011, 22:38
If you take iron tablets you'll be able to change your username...:eyebrows:

Only joking...:banana:

I can't believe I had to read that twice!! quite clever really, it must be the Fife sense of humour, I should know it well, lived there for 14 years!! (Is it still raining?)

dede
15-07-2011, 22:46
Thanks Col for the little reminder of my home town,,it has definatley come on big style since i last lived there .

Harmonicaman
15-07-2011, 22:49
I can't believe I had to read that twice!! quite clever really, it must be the Fife sense of humour, I should know it well, lived there for 14 years!! (Is it still raining?)
It's been lovely this week Annie, but it's to pee down all weekend!:(

tizzywizzy
15-07-2011, 22:53

yes its raining

Margaretta
15-07-2011, 23:58
Thank you so much. I loved that and the great music. I spent three years in Liverpool as a student late 60's early 70's. I taught in a school in Scottie Road where some children had bare feet, lived opposite Penny Lane and generally chased the Beatle Places. I spent a lot of time sketching down at the docks and still have a pencil picture of the Liver building. What has happened to John Lewis and 'The Statue Exceedingly Bare?' Fantastic humour. I haven't been there since the Liverpool Garden Festival. Mum and I stood on the Yellow Submarine!!

DaveRF
16-07-2011, 00:07
We spent 5 days in Liverpool last month and it's the first time we have ever been. Loved the place and can't wait to go back. We had an apartment (http://www.l3living.com/apartments/merchant-quarters-liverpool.php) right on the waterfront just along from the Liver building. It was fab and despite being a fraction of the cost of a hotel was much more personal and comfortable. I'd highly recommend an apartment to a hotel.

WE really enjoyed the whole stay and did loads of sightseeing. The visit to the Anglican Cathedral and Paddy's wigwam was a hightlight. The shopping in Liverpool one was great too :)

AL JAY
16-07-2011, 00:15
Dicky Lewis is still there Margaretta, Sadly the garden festival site is closed and now overgrown, The good news is plans have been passed for a 5.5 Billion "Shanghai type" waterfront for the docks area going towards Bootle/Crosby funded by Peel Holdings, It would create up to 40,000 new jobs, But UNESCO don't want it to go ahead (shakes head) because the Pier Head has "World heritage status" I will try to find a link for it. The three Graces would be untouched and the new plans would only enhance the whole area!

dede
16-07-2011, 00:20
My dad work in clarence dock power station for most of his working life, the chimneys were called the three sisters, they have all been knocked down now but i still have photos of them, very nostalgic !!!!

YOUNG GOLFER
16-07-2011, 00:29
Been there twice and i have to say they are the most friendly people i have ever met in the UK.Very down to earth.
thats the ones with a red shirt by the way.

AL JAY
16-07-2011, 00:32
My dad work in clarence dock power station for most of his working life, the chimneys were called the three sisters, they have all been knocked down now but i still have photos of them, very nostalgic !!!!

http://inacityliving.piczo.com/?g=43514575&cr=7 here's a link dede...the 3 sisters

Added after 11 minutes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgPeZu_Ivho

murph
16-07-2011, 00:46
Dicky Lewis is still there Margaretta, Sadly the garden festival site is closed and now overgrown, The good news is plans have been passed for a 5.5 Billion "Shanghai type" waterfront for the docks area going towards Bootle/Crosby funded by Peel Holdings, It would create up to 40,000 new jobs, But UNESCO don't want it to go ahead (shakes head) because the Pier Head has "World heritage status" I will try to find a link for it. The three Graces would be untouched and the new plans would only enhance the whole area!

The Garden Festival Site (or at least a good portion of it - Japanese Gardens etc) has been restored and is due to reopen very soon - here's a link http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/local-news/2011/06/10/revealed-liverpool-s-newset-park-on-the-former-garden-festival-site-gallery-video-100252-28852119/

Also, amazingly, they are building a 'Beach' with sand and sea in Chavasse Park (by Liverpool 1 and opposite the Albert Dock) which is due to open at the end of this month and will be there for a couple of months - very imaginative - who needs Las Vistas Beach? Here's a link for it http://www.liverpool-one.com/website/the-beach-.aspx

AL JAY
16-07-2011, 00:57
Thats great news Murph, the original Garden festival site was fantastic and im glad its now being restored to its former glory!

imablue
16-07-2011, 11:42
:)Heres Dickie...dressed as he should be .....

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/ldp2/may2009/7/6/everton-fc-scarf-on-the-dickie-lewis-_460-591296595.jpg