PDA

View Full Version : Which do you prefer; iPhone, Galaxy 2 11 or HT Desire HD?

timmylish
14-07-2011, 01:46
Just which one would YOU buy at this moment in time. I say that 'cause I understand that the Samsung may be getting upgraded soon.
Honestly, I am going round in circles first of all deciding if I NEED one (probably not but want something to occupy me whilst travelling to and from Santa Cruz on a regular basis). I thought of netbook but another computer? and the print is soooooo small!
So Forumties what do ya think?:crazy:
Should have said that the iPhone is my least desired mainly 'cause of the restrictions on D/l videos etc and price!

uptowngirl
14-07-2011, 01:48
well I will be honest, haven't tried Galaxy or HT, and always said I would NEVER EVER change from a Nokia ever again.................

BUT................................ my IPHONE Is just the BEST EVER!!!! I love it!!!

timmylish
14-07-2011, 02:24
Glad to hear that you join the long lines of people who swear by "i" products. I just feel that you are controlled by Apple in what you can use/watch etc.
Thanks for your view anyway.

Andy0210
14-07-2011, 02:30
well I will be honest, haven't tried Galaxy or HT, and always said I would NEVER EVER change from a Nokia ever again.................

BUT................................ my IPHONE Is just the BEST EVER!!!! I love it!!!

Glad to hear that you join the long lines of people who swear by "i" products. I just feel that you are controlled by Apple in what you can use/watch etc.
Thanks for your view anyway.

Trust me Mr Lish, Vanessa is controlled by nobody...... Man, machine beast & animal have all tried and failed!

If she says I Phone then I Phone it is! ;)

timmylish
14-07-2011, 12:44
Come on people of this Forum. There must be more than one person here owning such a telephone?

delderek
14-07-2011, 13:07
Come on people of this Forum. There must be more than one person here owning such a telephone?

I have the HTC, and love it, does everything I want and easy to use, can't compare with the Samsung as haven't tried it, although always been pleased with previous ones I owned. Although the menu's on the HTC are much easier to use. But maybe so are the new Samsung's

Vortex Wake
14-07-2011, 13:08
Its simple, if you want to follow the crowd - then its about iPhone ;)

If you want something more than a 'fashion' phone the its the more featured Samsung Galaxy 2 (btw, the Galaxy 2 is the new latest version).

timmylish
14-07-2011, 16:34
Its simple, if you want to follow the crowd - then its about iPhone ;)

If you want something more than a 'fashion' phone the its the more featured Samsung Galaxy 2 (btw, the Galaxy 2 is the new latest version).

I was led to believe that a newer Galaxy was due for release in August? Or, am I getting confused with a new Samsung Pad? The Samsung is a bit more expensive than the HTC. Did you do a comparison? As to your comment on the people using the iPhone well it does seem that many would be just as well off with a 15€ phone. I had my new computer built to my spec so want something that takes a bit of thought on how to get the best out of it!
Thanks for your comments anyway.
Matter of interest, which provider do you use for your phone/internet mobile?

sleepy
14-07-2011, 16:41
I was led to believe that a newer Galaxy was due for release in August? Or, am I getting confused with a new Samsung Pad? The Samsung is a bit more expensive than the HTC. Did you do a comparison? As to your comment on the people using the iPhone well it does seem that many would be just as well off with a 15€ phone. I had my new computer built to my spec so want something that takes a bit of thought on how to get the best out of it!
Thanks for your comments anyway.
Matter of interest, which provider do you use for your phone/internet mobile?

In which case don't choose an iphone otherwise you'll be stuck with itunes!!

Greg
14-07-2011, 18:40
And what's wrong with itunes? If you can afford the best buy an Iphone. There is another thread on here with all the arguments from all sides. Personally I like Apple products because they never go wrong and even if you abuse and break them Apple will repair or replace for free. You will have to buy from Apple rather than from a phone company to get the service though. You can also use your Iphone as wifi router so you can use your laptop on your travels. I also know lots of people who have switched to Iphone but none that have ditched the Iphone in favour of one of the others!

delderek
14-07-2011, 19:06
And what's wrong with itunes? If you can afford the best buy an Iphone. There is another thread on here with all the arguments from all sides. Personally I like Apple products because they never go wrong and even if you abuse and break them Apple will repair or replace for free. You will have to buy from Apple rather than from a phone company to get the service though. You can also use your Iphone as wifi router so you can use your laptop on your travels. I also know lots of people who have switched to Iphone but none that have ditched the Iphone in favour of one of the others!

Oh, very bold statement, ask the thousands who have had constant freeze ups, and what about the rubber band you had to fit round the edge, as your hands were reducing the signal by half, and what about the thousands of batteries they had to replace because of the short life. Very very overpriced products, which lock you in to their own very very overpriced accessories and apps.

Greg
14-07-2011, 20:14
I can only speak from my own experiences and I have never had my screen freeze or had a problem with the battery. I have loads of apps that range from free to 99p. I agree it is not a cheap bit of kit but did also state that if you want the best you have to pay for it, if your selection is based only on price then yes you should go for another phone.
Sent from my Iphone:whistle:

Vortex Wake
14-07-2011, 21:05

Yeah, the Samsung can act as an access point too AND multitask too - no need for an OS update for that ;)

iTunes ? Fine, used it, apart from some tracks being being of very poor quality - due to bad conversions.

I do love the EQ adjustment, Stereo wide, and dolby 5.1 playback on the Samsung :D

nath
14-07-2011, 21:43
Hi, I've had iPhones for the last few years. My bf got himself the iPhone 4 earlier this year and I did not like it too much. For one thing it is very uncomfortable to hold (not a problem with the 3GS) and he had some other problems with it (like the sensor does not work sometimes and whilst on the phone it switches to speaker phone, silence or whatever else is possible.
That made me look into other brands and I read really good reviews on the Samsung Galaxy SII since it is also a lot cheaper I went ahead and bought that one. I am very happy with it the only "problem" I have is the phone is so big and my hands so small that whilst for example walking I can't write a message with one hand. I know, I know why would I want to write a message whilst walking but trust me it happens (for example walking my dog for an hour). Ow one other thing with the sun right on the screen it is hard to see what's showing on the screen.
They say the battery life should be great but so far not much better as the iPhones I feel. I do get annoyed with not being as compatible with my Mac at home and therefore the syncing is a bit of a pain. My contacts from iPhone and iMac were perfectly organized but now I had to transfer them the my google account and now it is a big mess (it continued to sync at one point and each contact was in my phone and computer 7 times. Now I switched off the sync and do it by hand.
To make a long story not too much longer, I like my Galaxy SII but will def look into the iPhone 5 IF this will be released in October this year. If Apple comes ones again with something amazing to swipe Samsung of the map (for a while at least) I will change back probably but for now I would say buy the Galaxy SII (don't know about HTC) and not the iPhone 4!
Good luck with your decision!!!

ps iPhone is very easy to jailbreak, I have no clue yet with the Samsung (did not spend any time on it yet, not sure if I'll try either sounds too complicated)...

timmylish
14-07-2011, 23:52
I think my decision against the iPhone surrounds the lack of "flash" to enable D/l movies etc onto the phone. Can I ask someone to advise if you can use Skype with or without video on these phones (Samsung/HTC). Presumably you can since Skype is internet activated but please confirm.

Vortex Wake
15-07-2011, 07:59
You can use Skype on both (non video) , BUT don't forget that it is down to correct service provider tariff as to whether you can use Skype away from your home wifi via 3g.