PDA

View Full Version : How many competent people have you dealt with in Tenerife?

Tom & Sharon
14-07-2011, 10:03
Following on from the Estate Agents thread..................how many competent people have you dealt with in Tenerife?

To be able to comment, it has to be someone you have actually dealt with/done business with. Not a second hand referral for your next door neighbour's, cousin's mate in the bar who "is supposed to be good".

I'll start with CIM. He arranged our mortgage on our house competently, professionally, and gave us absolute honest advice about every stage of the buying process in Tenerife.

Over to you......................................

Bazz
14-07-2011, 10:38
'Red Arrow Exchange' - I call him Big Bob, good guy, trustworthy and always very helpful. :)

Another lady singing Bob's praises on T.A. - Another satisfied customer! :hat::lol:

onelegnofeet
14-07-2011, 10:53
Derek at www.activemobility-tenerife.com ,great guy soted out scooter wheelchair hire ,very professional nothing too much trouble ,with a fantastic supporting team .:cheer::cheer:

The reception ,restaurant ,pool,bar ,cleaning staff at the MARYLANZA GOLF SPA Resort imo second to non .:cheer::cheer:

CIM for putting a swearing /objectionable word on the Forum ............and getting away with it !!!:whistle::whistle:

Added after 4 minutes:

Missed off ......sorry.... The fantastic team of wheelchair helpers at Tenerife south airport ,excellent service ,fantastic staff from whom nothing was too much trouble ...........PUTS THE UK VERSION TO SHAME!!!

CIM
14-07-2011, 11:15
CIM for putting a swearing /objectionable word on the Forum ............and getting away with it !!!:whistle::whistle:

Took an infraction for the team!

Added after 2 minutes:

Maria Solano - lawyer in the Valdez Centre who has sorted out so efficiently numerous issues our clients have had when purchasing.

Currency Index - for some amazingly good exchange rates and for sorting out clients transfers ever so quickly and smoothly.

onelegnofeet
14-07-2011, 11:47
OH! DEARY DEARY ,forgot ..............the fantastic company and damned excellent staff at ..............www.tenerifesunshine.com ,great for tickets ,money exchange ,trips tours and holidays .

Angusjim
14-07-2011, 12:40
Kevin Dickenson at Santander Bank at St Eugenio always found him very helpfull and efficient

Chris & Mike at Admiral Bar Oceanpark always helpful & very cheery and they serve IMO the best brekkie in the area

Staff at Mario's restaurants always a great welcome, good food & 1st class service

Bhamannette
14-07-2011, 12:45
Connie at Visa Verde (Estate Agents in Garden City) excellent
Our complex president & secretary, Barrie & Hilary couldnt ask for better
I agree with Angusjim staff at Marios are always great

Angusjim
14-07-2011, 15:53
OH! DEARY DEARY ,forgot ..............the fantastic company and damned excellent staff at ..............www.tenerifesunshine.com ,great for tickets ,money exchange ,trips tours and holidays .

Not often you speak sense :crazy: but on this occasion I must agree not had many dealings with them but very helpful and efficient on the occasions I have ( you wonder how that can happen when Vanessa is so completly barking mad :eyebrows::whistle:)

warbey
14-07-2011, 19:46
There are quite a few at Cafes and Hotels and Many have gone elsewhere over the Years.
There are competent Entertainers too and We should all know a few, withy some fellow Members.
Shopkeepers too including some competent in fleecing You, given a chance

As a Person who visits when I can, These are the People who make My Holiday, and really are
most important to Us..

Sundowner
14-07-2011, 20:54
I think I am on the wrong thread...............I was looking for the other one .........you know the incontinent one:)

Jenny10
14-07-2011, 21:15
Pleased to say we have dealt with some very competent people: as CIM mentioned - Maria Salano, for sorting our house purchase and making it seem easy! (and currently helping us with our court action); Currency Index - good/easy exchange from UK to here. Would also like to add CIM for organising our mortgage - competent, friendly and honest; Alexandra Wise at the Deutsche Bank in Los Cristianos - extremely helpful and very friendly. Good guys, 4; bad guys, 2. Pretty good, really!!

Jackie Buyer
14-07-2011, 22:14
Ruth McGowan, head receptionist at RSBC always a warm welcome when we arrive & goes that extra mile to get you the appartment you want

doreen
14-07-2011, 22:19
Clear Blue Skies (estate agents) are high on my list of competent people I have dealt with in Tenerife .... and their Alison is so efficient with paperwork that I have completed sales without a Gestor, just get the Notary to do the registrations after Alison has sorted everything else :)

karinagal
14-07-2011, 22:30
I would also recommend Maria Solano. I was also very pleased with the services of Suzanne Batey - formerly of Sunway estate agents. She helped me get my NIE, my bank account and my will sorted out and even took me shopping (in her own time) to furnish the property we bought through them. I'm happy to now have her as a trusted and valued friend. :):):)

Cookey
15-07-2011, 10:34
I put this in another thread but wanted to add it here aswell..........Sara Gonzalez and the team at El Camison Vetīs.....:cheer:

And the lovely couple at A1 computers in San Eugenio...always on had with any computer, mobile phone etc problems always very helpful.:typing:

megsdad
15-07-2011, 12:15
Carl and Karl the builders, just do what they say they will do when they say they will do it at a reasonable price.
Derek at active mobility, a gent
Suzy Q and Jo Cassidy, top square san blas, consistantly excellent entertainers.
More to follow

onelegnofeet
15-07-2011, 12:52
Not often you speak sense :crazy: but on this occasion I must agree not had many dealings with them but very helpful and efficient on the occasions I have ( you wonder how that can happen when Vanessa is so completly barking mad :eyebrows::whistle:)

Well somebody has to make the forum know alls look good !!!!NAH NAH!!!:eyebrows::eyebrows:

As someone mentioned ,the entertainers ................i would like to thank AS and Marlow for the stick they took when appearing at vivos along with DJ Billy Blanco (think he went onto work for Doreen )along with Roxy (female singer not the X crossdresser ) so great nights and some greater laughs .......thanks all And a big thank you to Marc of the WILDBOYZ ,my wallet has never felt so empty !!!!lol

uptowngirl
26-12-2012, 12:58
I have to completely second the Sin Barreras crew at Tenerife Sur airport.

My Mum usually is travelling alone and they provide a first class service, they really do!!!

BoPeep
26-12-2012, 19:33
All the staff at Banca March in Las Galletas!

DJandDeid
27-12-2012, 00:31
CIM for arranging our mortgage. The staff at the cultural centre in Los Chris for help with bins n rates!

Dutts
05-01-2013, 11:51
Clear Blue Skies, extremely competent and professional. Three sales completed with them completely stress free. Ash, until he left, Colin, Alison and Paul - hats off to you!

Balcony
05-01-2013, 17:23
We used a very competent agent when we purchased (a while ago) and even got a refund of costs!

When we recently sold we used Clear Blue Skies in Fanabe Plaza, PDLA. They had been recommended to us. They were excellent in the pre-sale stage and clearly explained the whole process and costs involved. I was, fortunately, present at the first viewing they arranged and was very impressed at their preparation for it. I was impressed also with the courtesy of calling me to arrange viewings whilst I was in the UK. We were lucky in getting an earlier than anticipated offer and from that time the whole thing went very smoothly. They took care of us on the completion day.

Agents apart, in Tenerife I would recommend accountants, Marcos Cabrera and insurance agents Schippers in Los Cristianos. Builders, electricians, plumbers and the like tend to come and go, so I wouldn't mark out anyone in particular. We have had good and indifferent experiences, probably like most people.

Loaded
05-01-2013, 17:26
1265 .....

Pooh
05-01-2013, 17:55
Tbh most professionals I've come across here in Tenerife have been competent. I can only think of a couple of examples of the opposite, really.
But this thread seems to insinuate that competent people are rare here. But perhaps that's just my impression.