PDA

View Full Version : How many incompetent people have you dealt with in Tenerife?

Tom & Sharon
14-07-2011, 10:06
Following on from the Estate Agents thread..................how many incompetent people have you dealt with in Tenerife?

To be able to comment, it has to be someone you have actually dealt with/done business with.

It will be interesting to see if this thread has more comments than the "competent" one. My money's on this one!

Bazz
14-07-2011, 10:45
Totally incompetent: www.resorthoppa.com
Happy to take the money off you but when you don't arrive (because of the volcanic ash) can you get your money back? No chance! :mad:

onelegnofeet
14-07-2011, 10:59
Tom and Sharon for not producing enough grass for all the toitoises in the world !!!

CIM
14-07-2011, 11:14
Sooo many...
Driving license place in Santa Cruz - nightmare but a reclamacion got them moving.
Ayuntamiento place in Las Chafiras - kept changing their mind about what paperwork they needed.
Some random bloke who came around to fix my PC off the forum (complete berk!) had no idea what he was doing. I took the screw driver off him and showed him the door - not before he held out his grubby little mit for payment though - which he didn't get! Will use someone recognised next time....

onelegnofeet
14-07-2011, 11:37
Cim for not putting in enough swearing/objectionable language thus only getting an ...................infraction !:eyebrows::whistle::whistle:

kenbo1000
14-07-2011, 11:46
PJ Electricals. Just keep finding more and more wrong with his work. Legal action is now underway about the mess he made of the roof but the latest was an electrical trip that feeds the house did not have the wires fastened in (had not tightened the connector screws). This caused the fuse to keep tripping and the wires to burn out. Luckily we had Mark (9plus) round for a chat and he suggested changing the trip and this is how I found the fault before it caught fire. I am keeping the burned out trip and melted wire, just in case.

CIM
14-07-2011, 11:48
Cim for not putting in enough swearing/objectionable language thus only getting an ...................infraction !:eyebrows::whistle::whistle:

We would like to apologise to all of our clients for our inability to circumvent the swear filter to its fullest extent on Wednesday 13th July 2011. Unfortunately our efforts only resulted in a minor infraction. We have fully investigated the matter and would like to assure our clients that we are dedicating all of our resources to improving the number of profanities we can insert into a single post.

Our next attempt will be much better and we are hoping to achieve an outright ban. I realise that only receiving an infraction is simply not an acceptable level of service to provide and we hope you will be patient with us and support our future efforts.
CIM

onelegnofeet
14-07-2011, 11:54
We would like to apologise to all of our clients for our inability to circumvent the swear filter to its fullest extent on Wednesday 13th July 2011. Unfortunately our efforts only resulted in a minor infraction. We have fully investigated the matter and would like to assure our clients that we are dedicating all of our resources to improving the number of profanities we can insert into a single post.

Our next attempt will be much better and we are hoping to achieve an outright ban. I realise that only receiving an infraction is simply not an acceptable level of service to provide and we hope you will be patient with us and support our future efforts.

CIM

School report ...................MUST DO BETTER!!hindsight is not acceptable !!!:smack::smack:

Andy0210
14-07-2011, 12:25
El Nautico Bar at golf del sur, for forgetting to put the burger in my beef burger yesterday!

What makes it worse is the person i was with was having a burger as well so surely she must have been thinking whilst cooking the order of two burgers, having two bread rolls on the plates and only one burger on the plancha that something wasn´t right ???

And then served me up a meatless burger!

Was bloody good when i eventually got a meat included burger 20 minutes later though.

dede
14-07-2011, 12:36
Auto decoration in las chafiras, i called in to see if they had anything to remove the cal off the water from the window wipers which has marked all the body work of my car, the first day i was asked to come back tomorrow at 5.30 so he could test it. went back, oh sorry too busy can you come back tomorrow same time, went back same time, to be told again oh sorry too busy please can you call in the morning at 10? went back at ten the next day and the guy was on a day off!!! 3 visits still dont know what will take the marks off. So BOO to Auto decoration ps. does anyone know a product that will do the job??

Angusjim
14-07-2011, 12:43
Tax authorities in Tenerife very COMPETENT taking money from you but totally INCOMPETENT when you are due a rebate :mad:

Andy0210
14-07-2011, 12:44
Auto decoration in las chafiras, i called in to see if they had anything to remove the cal off the water from the window wipers which has marked all the body work of my car, the first day i was asked to come back tomorrow at 5.30 so he could test it. went back, oh sorry too busy can you come back tomorrow same time, went back same time, to be told again oh sorry too busy please can you call in the morning at 10? went back at ten the next day and the guy was on a day off!!! 3 visits still dont know what will take the marks off. So BOO to Auto decoration ps. does anyone know a product that will do the job??

Sigh, Dede all you needed to do was ask me. ;)

http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_6337175_remove-calcium-deposits-car.html

Balcony
14-07-2011, 14:41
A not-to-be-named builder/handyman who built some (private) cupboards and used second hand/marked wood for a door, couldn't be bothered fitting a lock to one door and on one where he did fit a lock the lock took the same key as the lock on the outer door (where a key was always left as part of cupboard was a coat store. The latter was not entirely his 'fault' but he could have changed it.

Same handyman put up a curtain rail, which fell off as soon as the cutrain was hung.

onelegnofeet
14-07-2011, 16:35
A not-to-be-named builder/handyman who built some (private) cupboards and used second hand/marked wood for a door, couldn't be bothered fitting a lock to one door and on one where he did fit a lock the lock took the same key as the lock on the outer door (where a key was always left as part of cupboard was a coat store. The latter was not entirely his 'fault' but he could have changed it.

Same handyman put up a curtain rail, which fell off as soon as the cutrain was hung.

So what was "Handy" about him ....................apart from the fact he lived nearby ????

Ed3229
14-07-2011, 17:50
El Nautico Bar at golf del sur, for forgetting to put the burger in my beef burger yesterday!

What makes it worse is the person i was with was having a burger as well so surely she must have been thinking whilst cooking the order of two burgers, having two bread rolls on the plates and only one burger on the plancha that something wasn´t right ???

And then served me up a meatless burger!

Was bloody good when i eventually got a meat included burger 20 minutes later though.

Is it possible you look like a vegetarian ??

Balcony
15-07-2011, 10:56
...and recommened to me....well, to be honest work done in my absense

So what was "Handy" about him ....................apart from the fact he lived nearby ????

megsdad
15-07-2011, 11:58
Tenerife long lets. Here´s an agent who put a renter in one of my apartments without a contract, without an inventory and without taking money off him and was then surprised when the guy wouldn´t pay!!!
They took over the company several months ago, speak little Spanish, have no knowledge of letting law and for some inane reason believe that being an autonimo excuses them of anything.
Amazing how things change when you ask for a libro de reclamacion. Barge poles and a distance of 10 feet comes to mind

Goldenmaniac
15-07-2011, 14:53
Tax authorities in Tenerife very COMPETENT taking money from you but totally INCOMPETENT when you are due a rebate :mad:
Nah sorry have to disagree, presented my declaración de la renta on 3 May rebate was in the bank on the 6 June

Cruise
15-07-2011, 15:02
PJ Electricals. Just keep finding more and more wrong with his work. Legal action is now underway about the mess he made of the roof but the latest was an electrical trip that feeds the house did not have the wires fastened in (had not tightened the connector screws). This caused the fuse to keep tripping and the wires to burn out. Luckily we had Mark (9plus) round for a chat and he suggested changing the trip and this is how I found the fault before it caught fire. I am keeping the burned out trip and melted wire, just in case.

Totally agree.... He ripped me off too.

bonitatime
15-07-2011, 15:53
Nah sorry have to disagree, presented my declaración de la renta on 3 May rebate was in the bank on the 6 June

I am with you on this every year they seem to get quicker.

MJGREEF
15-07-2011, 18:23
I find this thread a little difficult to post in! After all "dressed up here on the Rock" what's the difference between Incompetence, Down Right Stupid folk, Ignorance, People who pretend to be Stupid! And ones who are just out to rip you off or mess you around using any means possible??

Angusjim
16-07-2011, 08:12

Must be OK if you are resident on Island either that our my accountant was useless :fryingpan:

karinagal
16-07-2011, 12:49
Totally agree.... He ripped me off too.

I'm surprised to hear this, he has done 2 jobs for me and I have absolutely no complaints....

sleepy
16-07-2011, 21:09
I'm sorry to have to say this but the 'Fire Service'!!
One of my stay cats had been missing two days.On day three,I could hear her cry's but couldn't make out where from.After an hour I spotted her at the top a a huge palm tree,minimum 15meters tall and yes I have the photos to prove it.There was no alternative than to call the brigade out.Admittedly the engine couldn't gain access so I thought they would use an alternative method.What happened next I couldn't believe!!They hooked up a long hosepipe and proceeded to spray her with water,at which point she panicked,fell off and hit the concrete below.
I have spent most of today trying to find her and cant and I'm so gutted!!
I bet if it had been a person stuck up that tree they wouldn't have used the same method.

kenbo1000
16-07-2011, 21:41
I'm surprised to hear this, he has done 2 jobs for me and I have absolutely no complaints....

I am happy that you have no complaints but I only speak as I find. He took our money, messed up our roof, tried to fix it and only made it worse. Had an architect out this week to do a report on it for the solicitor and her only comment was "incompetent people pah". I have also heard from 3 other people through this forum considering legal action. Nuff said.

karinagal
16-07-2011, 21:52
Gosh Kenbo, I'm sorry to hear that