PDA

View Full Version : Sat nav help...Please

A.P.&.S.S
14-07-2011, 11:45
Brought my Tom Tom Go 700 with me from the Uk, before I left I looked into the mapping etc and was told they have maps of the Canaries already in them all you have to do is go into the set up and 'switch maps'. Ok sounded simple but its not working! It does find the town I staybut once you ask it do anything it just hangs up and I have to restart it.

Any help would be greatfully accepted. I did ask the other day in LA about buying a 'Tenerife' map but was told only way is to download it from internet, if thats the case, has anyone got any good sites to do this?

Thanks in advance.

timmylish
14-07-2011, 12:32
Just use "Googlemaps".

bonitatime
14-07-2011, 14:06
I think you have to do it with TomTom

A.P.&.S.S
14-07-2011, 18:30
Just use "Googlemaps".

Works well when you dont have internet on your phone and your pc is at home when you are lost somewhere eh??

I think you have to do it with TomTom

I have had a look and it looks like you may have to pay to upgrade?! I'm just not sure and wondered if anyone knew....Thanks tho

kingbaker
22-07-2011, 22:38
Hi I had to do the following. Mine is TomTom 1

Go to TomTom site
Download Spain and Portugal (paid about €50 by PayPal----some proplem with cards), into your computer.
Upload to TomTom machine from computer

Should have said needed to put in a 2GB cardin it first

Wile E Coyote
03-08-2011, 13:52
All depends on the device but unless you bought the map file at the same time it wouldn't be included.
Tenerife used to part of the Europe file, it then went to Iberia and now Eastern Atlantic Islands.
The usual route is via the TomTom Home app, which checks if your device is supported (TomTom have a habit of dropping non-TomTom devices from the list), then guides you through checking which map file matches.

I was here checking to see if The Tenerife Forum point of interest (POI) file had made it through the reincarnation process but as I haven't found mention of it I'll create a new thread.

Tom
03-08-2011, 15:39
All depends on the device but unless you bought the map file at the same time it wouldn't be included.
Tenerife used to part of the Europe file, it then went to Iberia and now Eastern Atlantic Islands.
The usual route is via the TomTom Home app, which checks if your device is supported (TomTom have a habit of dropping non-TomTom devices from the list), then guides you through checking which map file matches.

I was here checking to see if The Tenerife Forum point of interest (POI) file had made it through the reincarnation process but as I haven't found mention of it I'll create a new thread.
It's HERE (http://www.4shared.com/file/116149237/99fda916/tenerife-poi.html)
Over 250 downloads and not one thanks.

Wile E Coyote
05-08-2011, 12:32
It's HERE (http://www.4shared.com/file/116149237/99fda916/tenerife-poi.html)
Over 250 downloads and not one thanks.

"Good manners cost nothing" - but that is still too much for some to pay. :(

Apologies to all for hijacking this thread but maybe the database could be hosted here at the Tenerife Forum (on a sticky?) so that everyone can add their contributions?

Good to see that you are due to visit soon - we are flying in big silver bird on the 19th. :tiphat: