PDA

View Full Version : I love Tenerife

Bhamannette
14-07-2011, 13:01
I spend most of the year working 6 days a week so I can make regular visits 'home'. I love the weather at any time of the year, I like the majority of people I have met over the years and made some really good friends.
I love the view from my apartment, looking over the beautiful blue ocean to La Gomera and on some clear evenings you can see the lights from the homes, hotels etc and the lights from the Fred Olsen Ferry croosing from Los Christianos its heaven, makes me feel happy.
I love hearing the children playing in the pool in the summer and the spanish singer in the next door complex who sometimes sings during the afternoon. The neighbours ginger cat who sometimes graces me with a visit if I leave my balcony door open and eating out regularly and drinking a glass of wine at a beachside bar.
God I miss Tenerife, I wish I was there now and cannot wait till I am back next month.

fonica
14-07-2011, 13:27
I spend most of the year working 6 days a week so I can make regular visits 'home'. I love the weather at any time of the year, I like the majority of people I have met over the years and made some really good friends.
I love the view from my apartment, looking over the beautiful blue ocean to La Gomera and on some clear evenings you can see the lights from the homes, hotels etc and the lights from the Fred Olsen Ferry croosing from Los Christianos its heaven, makes me feel happy.
I love hearing the children playing in the pool in the summer and the spanish singer in the next door complex who sometimes sings during the afternoon. The neighbours ginger cat who sometimes graces me with a visit if I leave my balcony door open and eating out regularly and drinking a glass of wine at a beachside bar.
God I miss Tenerife, I wish I was there now and cannot wait till I am back next month.

Lovely to hear a positive remark. I think those of us who live here are really lucky and if we don't think so then it's time to move on.

princessmonika
14-07-2011, 13:28
me as well , will be there end of august

Balcony
14-07-2011, 15:20
Love it in Tenerife too, but can do without 'listening' to screaming kids! It echos so much around the pool.

CIM
14-07-2011, 16:40
I love Tenerife

So do nearly 800 other people on one of my Facebook fan pages :)
http://www.facebook.com/ILoveTenerife

A VERY Tenerife positive page that one!
Young Golfer is a mod so its gotta be positive or you get banned :eyebrows:

Jimandsi
14-07-2011, 16:50
Me too - be out there again mid September.

YOUNG GOLFER
14-07-2011, 17:02
So do nearly 800 other people on one of my Facebook fan pages :)
http://www.facebook.com/ILoveTenerife

A VERY Tenerife positive page that one!
Young Golfer is a mod so its gotta be positive or you get banned :eyebrows:

Only one ban so far.lol

Sylla
14-07-2011, 17:09
And so do I ! love Tenerife , but I also love the beautiful part of the UK where I live .... I love our English summers , :cloud9: I love the fantastic English roses , the best they have ever been this year ! I suppose we are lucky that we don't get too much summer rain like other parts , but so far I have enjoyed every day and hardly need a jacket ! Ah! winter ...well they are a bit too long , but I love a cosy fire when it is cold outside and you can shut it all out ....I love the change of winter clothes and the crisp walks in the morning .... I love the famliy round the fire at Christmas and opening their presents , and don't forget the Turkey ! :turkey: We must be thankful for what we have ! BUT I do like to escape to TENERIFE when I have had enough of the cold days !:surf:

Jackie Buyer
14-07-2011, 22:28

Bhamannette, on reading your post you have made me miss Tenerife more than ever, my husband & I visited several times a year, it was always our dream to live in Tenerife part of the year when we retired, that won't happen now as he passed away in February. How he loved Tenerife!

CIM
15-07-2011, 22:56
Sorry to hear about your hubby Jackie.

Jackie Buyer
15-07-2011, 23:18
Sorry to hear about your hubby Jackie.

CIM Thank You, he was a true gentleman, died due to exposure to asbestos, traced back to when he was 17 & an apprentice plumber. First became ill when we were in Tenerife in October last year, died in February - there are many more tradesman like him unfortuneately
Tenerife is just not the same without him, but I still visit & will continue to do so

CIM
15-07-2011, 23:20
I´m glad you still enjoy Tenerife :)

YOUNG GOLFER
16-07-2011, 00:20
CIM Thank You, he was a true gentleman, died due to exposure to asbestos, traced back to when he was 17 & an apprentice plumber. First became ill when we were in Tenerife in October last year, died in February - there are many more tradesman like him unfortuneately
Tenerife is just not the same without him, but I still visit & will continue to do so

Hi Jackie,
Sorry to hear of your loss but i am sure if your hubby is looking down right now he would tell you to come back over to Tenerife and enjoy yourself.

murph
16-07-2011, 00:58
Wonderful, wonderful Tenerife. My Favourite place on the planet.

Just trying to figure out how we could make a living for ourselves and three kids over there.

Sick of the UK. £1600 a year Council Tax, £1800 Fuel Bills (Gas and Electricity). In the last two months we have been told our Fuel will be going up 20%, my Daughter lost her grant to go to 6th form along with her bus pass. In one fell swoop, our expenses just went up £170 per month.

You just work over here to pay bills...roll on 10th August

:surf::sailing::boat::airplane::convertible::rave: :headbang::banana::cheer:

Jenny10
16-07-2011, 19:01
We loved holidaying in Tenerife so much we both took available redundacy and moved out here! Now spend our time renovating our home and exploring the island - and, of course, entertaining visiting family members!

YOUNG GOLFER
15-09-2012, 22:04
I love Tenerife for nights like this just sitting talking to the wife about how lucky we are to live here and then all of a sudden..........a firework display just in front of our home that went on for 5 or 10 mins.:D

LUCKY
15-09-2012, 22:28
I love Tenerife for nights like this just sitting talking to the wife about how lucky we are to live here and then all of a sudden..........a firework display just in front of our home that went on for 5 or 10 mins.:D

That just happened over here, my neighbour the local farmer just had a wonderful firework display here in yorkshire, my god you have terrific eye sight if you could see that,:flatcap: