PDA

View Full Version : Bullying

Balcony
14-07-2011, 15:06
I guess many parents have experienced their kids being bullied. Interesting (US) vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSHUzW1Rex4

Goforgold
14-07-2011, 17:29
Unfortunately bullying is everywhere not just in school - it's very very common in the workplace.

Balcony
14-07-2011, 17:38
True GFG, but wherever it's got to be stamped out

Goforgold
14-07-2011, 17:53
True GFG, but wherever it's got to be stamped out

Unfortunately it won't be stamped out Balcony. I have come across many many people, working in different areas of employment, who have been bullied in the workplace and been forced to leave. Quite a few have suffered breakdowns because of the treatment. It's common for bosses and Managers to bully too, but the worst culprits are women, they will close ranks - it's done very discretely and if it's a male boss / manager in charge, then there is nothing you can do about it as men haven't got a clue how nasty women can be sometimes. Women are called the fairer sex - not always the case.

warbey
14-07-2011, 19:17
Unfortunately it won't be stamped out Balcony. I have come across many many people, working in different areas of employment, who have been bullied in the workplace and been forced to leave. Quite a few have suffered breakdowns because of the treatment. It's common for bosses and Managers to bully too, but the worst culprits are women, they will close ranks - it's done very discretely and if it's a male boss / manager there is nothing you can do about it as men haven't got a clue how nasty women can be sometimes. Women are called the fairer sex - not always the case.

Words of wisdom G.F.G.
An Air Hostess picked on Me on a Flight back from Paphos. I had a Camera between My Feet pre Take-off.
The woman next to Me in the Aisle seat had a bag packed and so large it wouldnt fit under the seat in front.
Nothing said to Her.!!
Because I had an idea of Aviation Law I said nothing and complied with Her Order.

About an Hour before Landing I had meaningful Words with the Chief Steward, and
complained this Person had endangered all of us, pointing out the offending Bag.

Shortly after a Conversation between the two Staff, I was gratified by the Expression
on Her face.

Airports have them in abundance. Security, and now the People of the Sheep Pen Brigade
(some Coloured) who look askance as You pass through back into YOUR Country......

Balcony
15-07-2011, 10:55
I like the phraase "Don't get angry, get even". It has so many interpretations.

I agree GFG that bullying in the workplace is discreet, just like most prejudice. I always say keep good, honest notes.