PDA

View Full Version : Fake or true reviews?

Sylla
03-06-2011, 00:27
What is your opinion and experience of review sites ?

see link in the news today ....
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1393412/Amazon-TripAdvisor-centre-scandal-companies-post-fake-reviews.html

I have posted several reviews over time , but have only posted exactly my experience of how I found a hotel or restaurant ....

wen53
03-06-2011, 00:32
I often look at reviews for hotels but I never really take any notice of them so I don't know why I look :crazy:
Some people moan about stuff that has nothing to do with the hotel, like the weather.
I think it's been going on for ages, companies slating other companies on review sites.

tonypub
03-06-2011, 02:34
theres a few in tenerife who fake it for frebbies:hungry:

conway
03-06-2011, 05:38
I have posted many times on review sites, mainly when we used to travel and stay in AI. I have also used them for helping decide holidays but only generally took any notice of anything that was said if it was repeated over and over. I stopped posting when I posted a truth about a particular hotel on a site aimed at a particular Greek Island, the post was removed as they only wanted positive posts, which in majority mine was. Turns out I was right though, since the year after our reuturn 2 children died in the accomodation which I complained about.

Ed3229
03-06-2011, 06:38
My friends have just returned from Malta and the hotel review was very positive......When they arrived they found the hotel to be a right dump and had to be moved to a new hotel.The reviews of the complex in Tenerife that I holiday in every year seem to be written by the blind or rival complexes as some slate the apartments and pool area????????? Its a great complex and I can't see why they moan as everything is well kept and clean...