PDA

View Full Version : Shhh shoes girls....

Pink shoes
14-07-2011, 16:11
:whistle:How many pairs of shoes do you own?
I have just been looking at my shoe collection and think I might have too many. Then how many is too many?
I have even managed to throw out 2 pairs....Been in Clarks sale today and bought 2 more pairs Well they were half price and I did not have those colours.

Malteser Monkey
14-07-2011, 16:20
:whistle:How many pairs of shoes do you own?
I have just been looking at my shoe collection and think I might have too many. Then how many is too many?
I have even managed to throw out 2 pairs....Been in Clarks sale today and bought 2 more pairs Well they were half price and I did not have those colours.

not as many as I had when I lived there - just a pair of boots and snow boots now:whistle::spin:

Around 15 but I don't wear them all oh and 2 pairs of trainers !

Suej
14-07-2011, 16:25
I have 19 pairs of shoes/sandals not including flip flops or trainers....I would think that´s about average?! Off to look in the other wardrobe now!:D

Goforgold
14-07-2011, 17:39
Too many to count - they are buried all over the place. However just like my clothes I seem to stick to wearing the same things, but just can't bring myself to throw anything out.

Added after 2 minutes:

not as many as I had when I lived there - just a pair of boots and snow boots now:whistle::spin:

Around 15 but I don't wear them all oh and 2 pairs of trainers !

Now you are the opposite to me - I had very few shoes in Tenerife as it was just too hot, but I find here in the UK, you need heavy shoes, light shoes, boots, trainers, flip flops just in case we see the sun, the list goes on!!! :)

Suej
14-07-2011, 17:51
I´ll second that! had a lot more shoes in UK, Boots especially!:spin:

Suzanne
14-07-2011, 17:53
Doesnt matter where you live, a girl can never have tooo many pairs of shoes. i have 5 pairs of boots, 2 ankle boots. 6 flip flops, 30 shoes small, medium and high heels some of them i have never worn YET, but i will.
I do have to say i have been round the sales and this is the first time that i have not had any shoes shouting my name nothing new. Just have to wait for the new collection to arrive in the shops.
My friends kids do call me shoezanne!!!!!!

Goforgold
14-07-2011, 18:01
I´ll second that! had a lot more shoes in UK, Boots especially!:spin:

My ultimate aim it to throw most of my clothes and shoes out (well charity shop of course). Can't do this whilst in the UK and working. :(

Sylla
14-07-2011, 18:10
Too many ! but I only seem to wear 3 or 4 in the summer and 3 or 4 in the winter .... the others just sit there lonely and longing to be worn !:crazy:

Goforgold
14-07-2011, 18:16
Too many ! but I only seem to wear 3 or 4 in the summer and 3 or 4 in the winter .... the others just sit there lonely and longing to be worn !:crazy:

Madness isn't it!!!

I've just noticed from your Avatar you live in a lovely part of the country - cycled all the way round Rutland water a few years on a tandem!!! :)

Suej
14-07-2011, 18:55
Too many to count - they are buried all over the place. However just like my clothes I seem to stick to wearing the same things, but just can't bring myself to throw anything out.

Added after 2 minutes:

Now you are the opposite to me - I had very few shoes in Tenerife as it was just too hot, but I find here in the UK, you need heavy shoes, light shoes, boots, trainers, flip flops just in case we see the sun, the list goes on!!! :)

I know you have loads of footwear GFG of all colours!756

:lol:

Goforgold
14-07-2011, 19:15
I know you have loads of footwear GFG of all colours!756

:lol:

Look Suej - I've told you I have bad feet and I love walking. I would love to wear them for walking at home, but just can't bring myself to in case I meet someone I know!! :)

Is this Avatar less rude then??

Pink shoes
14-07-2011, 19:46
I don't believe it :cry: my lovely long chatty post disappeared when I pressed "reply to thread"
Does the page time out in 10 minutes?

Goforgold
14-07-2011, 20:07
I don't believe it :cry: my lovely long chatty post disappeared when I pressed "reply to thread"
Does the page time out in 10 minutes?

It must have been long - 10 mins?? :) :) :)

You'll have to write it all again - you can't leave us in suspenders!! :)

longtallalice
14-07-2011, 22:28
i have way way too many shoes and boots used to have more than 100 but have downsized recently due to imminent move to the reef , cant afford a container to ship them all so some had to go , but kept the very special ones of course :)

Pink shoes
15-07-2011, 08:59
It must have been long - 10 mins?? :) :) :)

You'll have to write it all again - you can't leave us in suspenders!! :)

Yea it probably was a long 10 minutes by the time I had decided what to say and went through spell check.

I had all my shoes out on the bedroom floor yesterday all lined up.
I now have 14 pairs of shoes, sandals and flops. I did manage to part with 2 pairs(brave I know) One went in the bin as quite old and the other pair are like new and went in the charity bag.

I also have 2 pairs of boots one black and 1 brown. Warm slipper boots for the cold weather.

Posting before it disappears again!

Added after 8 minutes:

It is a delamere what few shoes to pack in your case? this year I packed a pair of black and a pair of fawn coloured sandals. A navy pair of Birkenstock flops to pad around it. I wore pink trainers on the plane as you have to wear your heaviest shoes.
Well the black sandals were a big mistake! They look awful in the photos. Pastel summer dresses and black sandals.
I should have kept to my golden rule of only waring black for work. It really is not my colour.

Added after 7 minutes:

Ah, posting in bits seems to work!

The new shoes I bought yesterday in Clarks sale were both pale blue. I think I will get a lot more use out of them matching what I ware. Alot of blue, some lavender and some pink. A very pastel sort of girl according to a "Colour me beautiful consultant".
I looked at some mid brown sandals and even tried them on in Clarks - but I am glad I put them back as I have very few brown clothes.

Added after 9 minutes:

I also bought another spray can of Clarks protector. To help guard against stains. For leather, suede, and canvas shoes. £4.00.

Shoes are such a necessary item, I think I might ware the new shoes for a bit around the house today. How many times have you all suffered from not waring new shoes in?

Sylla
15-07-2011, 10:24
OH! Pink Shoes ! don't get us started on breaking/wearing in new shoes .....agony LOL ! but well done with getting your post finished:jumping:

onelegnofeet
15-07-2011, 12:59
Just an old trick to stretch shoes ...................push half a potato inside and leave for a while ,the leather absorbs some of the moisture and the potato stretches it ,the bigger the potato the more the shoe stretches ...................hope this helps ,please remember remove soil and manure from the spud First!!!

Malteser Monkey
15-07-2011, 13:08
Just an old trick to stretch shoes ...................push half a potato inside and leave for a while ,the leather absorbs some of the moisture and the potato stretches it ,the bigger the potato the more the shoe stretches ...................hope this helps ,please remember remove soil and manure from the spud First!!!

Maris Piper or King Edwards

onelegnofeet
15-07-2011, 13:28
Maris piper ...................dont think King Edward wore stillettos !!!unlike Prince Edward

Suej
15-07-2011, 14:01

Before we all go out buying bags of spuds...is this a wind up oneleg? :lol::lol::lol:

Malteser Monkey
15-07-2011, 14:05
Before we all go out buying bags of spuds...is this a wind up oneleg? :lol::lol::lol:

I'm sure I've heared this before tho thought you had to wrap spuds in paper......(and it had to be The Sun) that part a joke - spesh for Jimbo

onelegnofeet
15-07-2011, 14:05
No not at all ,not sure if it works on manmade but certainly works on leather ................................

TOTO 99
15-07-2011, 14:26
Maris piper ...................dont think King Edward wore stillettos !!!unlike Prince Edward

And if they don't work on shoes they're definitely ok for jackets.........:)

Goforgold
15-07-2011, 15:46
Yea it probably was a long 10 minutes by the time I had decided what to say and went through spell check.

I had all my shoes out on the bedroom floor yesterday all lined up.
I now have 14 pairs of shoes, sandals and flops. I did manage to part with 2 pairs(brave I know) One went in the bin as quite old and the other pair are like new and went in the charity bag.

I also have 2 pairs of boots one black and 1 brown. Warm slipper boots for the cold weather.

Posting before it disappears again!

Added after 8 minutes:

It is a delamere what few shoes to pack in your case? this year I packed a pair of black and a pair of fawn coloured sandals. A navy pair of Birkenstock flops to pad around it. I wore pink trainers on the plane as you have to wear your heaviest shoes.
Well the black sandals were a big mistake! They look awful in the photos. Pastel summer dresses and black sandals.
I should have kept to my golden rule of only waring black for work. It really is not my colour.

Added after 7 minutes:

Ah, posting in bits seems to work!

The new shoes I bought yesterday in Clarks sale were both pale blue. I think I will get a lot more use out of them matching what I ware. Alot of blue, some lavender and some pink. A very pastel sort of girl according to a "Colour me beautiful consultant".
I looked at some mid brown sandals and even tried them on in Clarks - but I am glad I put them back as I have very few brown clothes.

Added after 9 minutes:

I also bought another spray can of Clarks protector. To help guard against stains. For leather, suede, and canvas shoes. £4.00.

Shoes are such a necessary item, I think I might ware the new shoes for a bit around the house today. How many times have you all suffered from not waring new shoes in?

You made it before it disappeared - phew!!!!!! :) :) :)

Added after 6 minutes:

OH! Pink Shoes ! don't get us started on breaking/wearing in new shoes .....agony LOL ! but well done with getting your post finished:jumping:

I went to Birmingham City Centre this morning, first time in 11 years and hadn't seen all the improvements and what I call the new "slug" !!! . Went to Selfridges first and got a dozen Krispy Cremes!!! Delicious!! I ate 6 of them with a coffee before leaving the shop!!! :) Just finished the final one having shared 4 of them!!! :( Anyway I digress!!! I decided for the first time in years to have a go and buy some wedge type shoes. Just sitting here trying to break them in!!! Oh the bunions!!! :( Now I need a dress or skirt to wear them with!!! I only have trousers!!! Well, I do own a couple of black dresses for evening but not appropriate for day wear.

I still hate shopping as much as ever and when I couldn't find a suitable dress, I'd wished I'd never bought the shoes - I don't need them. Much prefer my old clothes and dogs!! :) :)

Sylla
15-07-2011, 16:35
MY Mother ...bless her heart always had a small bag of potatoes in the bottom of her bed , for keeping cramp away !!! she swore by it as a cure ...I'm just laughing writing this he,he,he haaaaaa!....:crylaughing: bless her she is long gone now , so no cramp to bother about !