PDA

View Full Version : Utilities My water is off

bardofely
14-07-2011, 21:00
Last night the water wasn't flowing as it normally does but then later on it was OK again. This morning it became a trickle and has since stopped. I posted about it at Facebook and someone in Buen Paso, not far from here, said their water had been off but came back. Mine has been off all day though since then. I am worried I have been disconnected but would they do that without telling you? I missed the meter reading last time and filled in a slip that was left and posted it back but of course I don't know if it arrived. My landlady sends her father around with any bills that need paying. I last paid him about a month back but not for the water and I am worried that Icodemsa never got my meter reading and have disconnected me for non payment. Does that happen here? Anybody know?

9PLUS
14-07-2011, 22:19
Unlike Electricity - The water supply company would need a court order to be able to cut the supply to a domestic dwelling.

Get your landlady to sort it out

bardofely
14-07-2011, 22:32
Unlike Electricity - The water supply company would need a court order to be able to cut the supply to a domestic dwelling.

I have only seen her twice in 5 years. She lives in El Tanque and sends her father to collect for any bills for electricity and water that arrive. I saw him a few weeks back.

9PLUS
14-07-2011, 22:59
I have only seen her twice in 5 years. She lives in El Tanque and sends her father to collect for any bills for electricity and water that arrive. I saw him a few weeks back.

bardofely
14-07-2011, 23:02
You just said that!

9PLUS
14-07-2011, 23:06
Yes.............

AL JAY
14-07-2011, 23:21
To the Bard of Ely...

Your water won't come back by itself
It could be the work of an elf

Get on to your landlady
Who sounds a bit laxadaisy

And no waters not good for your health...:fryingpan: :whistle::whistle:

Jackie
15-07-2011, 07:45
It could be the pressure. We have exactly the same thing here, more so when the weather is really hot for some reason.

On accassions we have nothing more than a trickle from the kitchen tap which means there is no chance of water in the bathrooms upstairs or the laundry room on the level above that. Normally it only lasts a couple of hours max but a few weeks ago we had nothing all day and then it just came back full force.

bardofely
15-07-2011, 07:53
It could be the pressure. We have exactly the same thing here, more so when the weather is really hot for some reason.

On accassions we have nothing more than a trickle from the kitchen tap which means there is no chance of water in the bathrooms upstairs or the laundry room on the level above that. Normally it only lasts a couple of hours max but a few weeks ago we had nothing all day and then it just came back full force.

Well whatever it is it is still not running here and I am really fed up with this!

sundownersvince
15-07-2011, 08:41
I take it you have enquired of your neighbours? Guess you speak some Spanish living in Canaryville.

tonypub
15-07-2011, 09:29
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-sDQ__Y15s

Goldenmaniac
15-07-2011, 10:01
Last night the water wasn't flowing as it normally does but then later on it was OK again. This morning it became a trickle and has since stopped. I posted about it at Facebook and someone in Buen Paso, not far from here, said their water had been off but came back. Mine has been off all day though since then. I am worried I have been disconnected but would they do that without telling you? I missed the meter reading last time and filled in a slip that was left and posted it back but of course I don't know if it arrived. My landlady sends her father around with any bills that need paying. I last paid him about a month back but not for the water and I am worried that Icodemsa never got my meter reading and have disconnected me for non payment. Does that happen here? Anybody know?

They can and do take the meter away for continued non-payment.
There is an office to contact hours 8 -15h
ICODEMSA
José Rodríguez Ramírez, 7 , ICOD DE LOS VINOS (TENERIFE) (SANTA CRUZ DE TENERIFE)
Teléfono: 922121971

Make sure you have the Meter number if you don't have the contract number and the full name of the Landlady. They can also tell you if there is a general fault in the area which is nothing to do with your bills!

bardofely
15-07-2011, 10:39
They can and do take the meter away for continued non-payment.
There is an office to contact hours 8 -15h
ICODEMSA
José Rodríguez Ramírez, 7 , ICOD DE LOS VINOS (TENERIFE) (SANTA CRUZ DE TENERIFE)
Teléfono: 922121971

Make sure you have the Meter number if you don't have the contract number and the full name of the Landlady. They can also tell you if there is a general fault in the area which is nothing to do with your bills!

Many thanks for this useful info! Another problem though is if it is because it hasn't been paid I am in no position to pay at present anyway. Ah well, I suppose I had better ring them!

UPDATE: The situation is resolved. The water came back on an hour or so back. Others in this block had lost their water supply too. I went out and a woman who lives in this block had just been out buying several large bottles of water.