PDA

View Full Version : I need to renew my Spanish driving licence. Where can I get the medical done?

Pixie17
15-07-2011, 09:51
I need to renew a spanish driving licence, can anyone tell me where I have to do the eye tests and also if i need to go to traffico.

Cheers

Pixie17

Goldenmaniac
15-07-2011, 10:06
You don't need to go to Trafico anymore to renew a Spanish licence although you can if you wish as there are medical centres near there, there is also one on the Carefour shopping centre!
The one in Los Cristianos is in the Valdes centre http://www.reconocimientosloscristianos.com/ However if you say where you are based I can probably tell you the nearest one for you.
Nowadays they do everything for you and they give you a stamped receipt which entitles you to drive for 90 days until your new plastic licence comes in the post to your home address (so make sure you get it 100% correct in their records)

canarybird
15-07-2011, 10:07
If you live in Puerto de la Cruz or nearby, there a doctor's office in Plaza del Charco that does the tests for the Spanish licence. It's up on a first floor and has signs outside advertising this service, that you can see from down in the plaza. No need to go to trafico as far as I know. I just got my Spanish licence last year and did the tests there, and a friend who has had hers renewed there said there's no need to go to Sta. Cruz.

Canarybird

TeresaT
15-07-2011, 11:27
Hi all, I have a UK licence which was inscribed when I came here, the end date is sept 2011... does tgis mean I have to go back or get a Spanish Licence? Thanks

Goldenmaniac
15-07-2011, 14:44
There is no obligation to change to a Spanish licence, but it may be more convenient to do so depending on your age and circumstances have a look here http://www.diana-mcglone.com/#Spanishdrivinglicence

You do not make it clear whether "the end date" refers to the expiry of your UK licence because of age, the expiry of your UK licence because of the picture or the expiry of the Spanish inscripción - the answer to this has a bearing on your next move

TeresaT
15-07-2011, 16:43
Sorry for not making it clear.. The end date is for the inscription, I have another 15 yrs to the end of my UK licence.
Thanks

Goldenmaniac
15-07-2011, 16:46
Sorry for not making it clear.. The end date is for the inscription, I have another 15 yrs to the end of my UK licence.
Thanks
Then you should do a medical and renew the inscription (same procedure as if you were renewing a licence)

TeresaT
15-07-2011, 17:19
Thank you.. I will need to get a Medical, can I do this at my Docs or can I go private? I have private health Ins and Live in Las Galletas. Then I assume I have to go back to Traffico?

Thank you for your help Goldenmaniac

Added after 19 minutes:

I just rang the medical centre in Los Cristianos, very helpful. You dont need an appointment and they cost of both the medical and renewing your licence at Traffico is approx €75.. Adeje apparantly only charge 45 and dont charge to do the Traffoco part...off I go

sparxx
27-02-2014, 20:38
Hi guys please could someone tell me where in los christianos is the centre to take the medical test to renew a spanish driving licence. Thanks in advance:hello: