PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone applied for a visa to visit Russia whilst living in Tenerife?

Mrs V
03-06-2011, 08:37
Just wondering if anyone in Tenerife has ever applied for a holiday visa to visit Russia or does anyone know how you would go about it?
I'm a British citizen but resident in Tenerife.
Thanks

Sundowner
03-06-2011, 14:59
You can use............ http://uk.cibt.com/ if you don't mind paying someone to do it for you. If you want to do it yourself......type in Russian visa and you will get a lot of helpful sites. You will need an invitation before you can apply for a visa.
Hope that helps.

Pooh
03-06-2011, 15:17
Getting a Russian visa usually isn't something you do yourself; In some embassies and consulates they don't even accept regular people to come and apply, only licensed visa agents, or whatever they call them.
As far as I know they don't have any consulate anywhere in the Canary islands, so the closest probably is the Embassy in Madrid, but the easiest for you is probably to use an agent in UK.
Also, travel agents arranging trips to Russia usually does it.

bonitatime
03-06-2011, 19:27
Timmyish might well know as he has worked it that part of the world. Try dropping him a PM or he may well pop in later.

timmylish
04-06-2011, 00:33
As has been mentioned already, the first problem is that for self organised holidays to Russia you need an invitation, just as Russians need to come here! That,s where the Agencies arranging holidays have you over a vodka barrel. Howevr, whilst some propose an UK agency I would never think about that. Just go to a main line Spanish Tour Operator here on Tenerife who offer decent package holidays to Moscow and Saint Petersburg (highly recommended by me as I have stayed in both cities, and elsewhere, ie Siberia and Russia,s Far East!) So, if you really fancy going you now have all the info you need.
ps. The reason an invitation is really required is to ensure they know where you will be staying and the Authoriites there know where you are supposed to be!

Mrs V
04-06-2011, 11:11
Thank you very much for your replies and the help.
It is not yet definite that I will be travelling to Russia but if I do then it will be to stay with family who might be moving out there to live. In which case they will have to arrange the letter of invitation for me.
Many Thanks