PDA

View Full Version : I'm disappointed with service in restaurants in Tenerife

mini--c
15-07-2011, 18:47
After 10 days in tenerife and visiting alot of different restaurants in las americas I was shocked at the level of service in some places, I think nearly every one we went to forgot some of our order and we had to ask for it again or if we asked for it without something they put it in. In one place I asked for desert with no cream, it came out covered in cream so I said this, they went to the bar scrapped off the cream and handed it back to me half melted! Was it just an off week or is this normal in tenerife now?

Also the toilets in most of them and most bars over there are shocking. I have seen some bad ones in ireland but my god some would nearly make u sick they looked like they havent been cleaned in weeks.

Jimandsi
15-07-2011, 19:04
I reckon it's pretty common for PDLA and LC nowadays.

Standards have dropped dreadfully over the last few years since they started catering for the budget holidaymakers.

mini--c
15-07-2011, 19:06
Well there is a number that I dont think anyone would return to because the service was so bad, some places you wouldnt even get a smile! I think there was only 4 or 5 places that asked if everything was ok before they got the bill!

marbro8
15-07-2011, 19:15
Well there is a number that I dont think anyone would return to because the service was so bad, some places you wouldnt even get a smile! I think there was only 4 or 5 places that asked if everything was ok before they got the bill!

well you should name and shame:eyebrows:

Sal
15-07-2011, 19:21

We recently spent three weeks in LC and have no complaints about the service in restaurants................apart from one waiter who really thought he was a cut above. I won't name the restaurant as the food was really good - just this waiter had a real "attitude". Result is, we won't go back there again. This was the only place (on El Mirador strip) we had bad service - and that was just down to one guy! :fryingpan:

Suej
15-07-2011, 19:26

Spare us the same experience mini-c and tell us where these Restaurants are? As for the toilets I found that hygiene and cleanliness standards in public toilets has improved greatly over the past 6 years or so.

marbro8
15-07-2011, 19:30
We recently spent three weeks in LC and have no complaints about the service in restaurants................apart from one waiter who really thought he was a cut above. I won't name the restaurant as the food was really good - just this waiter had a real "attitude". Result is, we won't go back there again. This was the only place (on El Mirador strip) we had bad service - and that was just down to one guy! :fryingpan:lol well you have narrowed it down quite a bit sal, a restaurant with good food on el mirador??? it has got to be either the italian place(my wife does not do italian and loved it) or oystercatcher:crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughin g:

Added after 4 minutes:

Standards have dropped dreadfully over the last few years since they started catering for the budget holidaymakers.i am so glad they have catered for us plebs and surfs jim otherwise we would only be able to afford to holiday in devon:eyebrows:

Sal
15-07-2011, 19:54
lol well you have narrowed it down quite a bit sal, a restaurant with good food on el mirador??? it has got to be either the italian place(my wife does not do italian and loved it) or oystercatcher:crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughin g:

Wrong on both counts - good service in both the places you mentioned!

marbro8
15-07-2011, 20:06
Wrong on both counts - good service in both the places you mentioned!lol i recon you are covering your tracks now:eyebrows: cus the only other places i can think of are the indian and chinese, and neither places are renowned for good food? or you have that place with the annoying pr in the middle?(the name escapes me because of that reason) you do realise "ve have ways of making you talk":eyebrows:

Jimandsi
15-07-2011, 20:11
lol well you have narrowed it down quite a bit sal, a restaurant with good food on el mirador??? it has got to be either the italian place(my wife does not do italian and loved it) or oystercatcher:crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughin g:

Blimey - they're a bit posh for you aren't they ? :hungry:

I note that you STILL haven't made it past the strip yet ! :drinking:

There's a beach at the bottom of the hill you know :whistle:

Sal
15-07-2011, 20:17
lol i recon you are covering your tracks now:eyebrows: cus the only other places i can think of are the indian and chinese, and neither places are renowned for good food? or you have that place with the annoying pr in the middle?(the name escapes me because of that reason) you do realise "ve have ways of making you talk":eyebrows:

I'll give you a clue - it's next door to Bistro Internacional (which was also very good food and service!), going uphill - can't remember the name of the place, but they do tapas and international cuisine.

marbro8
15-07-2011, 20:18
Blimey - they're a bit posh for you aren't they ? :hungry:

I note that you STILL haven't made it past the strip yet ! :drinking:

There's a beach at the bottom of the hill you know :whistle:no there aint its shingle, and the last time i got past the strip i got bloody mugged:eyebrows: we're actualy spreading our wings in october because there are 9 of us we are staying at a villa on the compostela!!! we may all go down to the unspoilt bars in del doque and show the other alf how to have a good knees up :eyebrows:

Added after 8 minutes:

I'll give you a clue - it's next door to Bistro Internacional (which was also very good food and service!), going uphill - can't remember the name of the place, but they do tapas and international cuisine.i thought i was being clever you have bamboozled me now:eyebrows::eyebrows: maybe someone else will know the name?

Jimandsi
15-07-2011, 20:28
SHINGLE ! ! !

Where's all the sand gone ? Has that been stolen as well ?

I'm out in Sept/Oct - pop in for drink.

Usual rules - no tattoos, football shirts or Estate Agents.

Sal
15-07-2011, 20:28
no there aint its shingle, and the last time i got past the strip i got bloody mugged:eyebrows: we're actualy spreading our wings in october because there are 9 of us we are staying at a villa on the compostela!!! we may all go down to the unspoilt bars in del doque and show the other alf how to have a good knees up :eyebrows:

Shingle? Which way did you go?

marbro8
15-07-2011, 20:33
[QUOTE=Sal;60580]Shingle? Which way did you go?[/QUOTE at the bottom of the hill by arona gran? that could never be described as a beach? las vistas now thats a beach:eyebrows:

Sal
15-07-2011, 20:36
[QUOTE=Sal;60580]Shingle? Which way did you go?[/QUOTE at the bottom of the hill by arona gran? that could never be described as a beach? las vistas now thats a beach:eyebrows:

That's what I mean - turn right not left!

marbro8
15-07-2011, 20:37
SHINGLE ! ! !

Usual rules - no tattoos, football shirts or Estate Agents. OK i will wear a plaster on my tattoo i don't do footy shirts and i would not lower myself to that profession!! now second hand car sales:eyebrows:

Zara
15-07-2011, 21:10
Sal - So the only one I think that hasn't been mentioned is the Mongolian BBQ :whistle:

Mini-C - I always check the loos before ordering, if the are not up to standard, I walk - there are enough good places around that there is no need to have to put up with second class anything, be it hygiene, service or food. :)

Sal
15-07-2011, 21:16
SHINGLE ! ! !

Usual rules - no tattoos, football shirts or Estate Agents.

No shingle - just natural beaches until you get round to LC harbourside!

Just as well I won't be there - three tattoos (and I'm a lady) no footy shirts, though I did wear Spain's colours when I was over and the World Cup was going on. Estate Agents? I won't associate with CIM and Young Golfer ever again. :whistle::whistle::whistle:

slodgedad
15-07-2011, 21:17
Sal - So the only one I think that hasn't been mentioned is the Mongolian BBQ :whistle:

Mini-C - I always check the loos before ordering, if the are not up to standard, I walk - there are enough good places around that there is no need to have to put up with second class anything, be it hygiene, service or food. :)

Same with OH. Doesn't matter how nice a place is or how good the entertainment etc., if the toilets are not clean she will not stay.

If you can't keep the toilets clean then how's the kitchen?? She always says

Sal
15-07-2011, 21:20
:)

No Zara - the Mongolian was fine - but not as good as we expected. This place was uphill from the Italian and Internacional Bistro........and can't fault the food - just the arsey waiter.

marbro8
15-07-2011, 21:34
No Zara - the Mongolian was fine - but not as good as we expected. This place was uphill from the Italian and Internacional Bistro........and can't fault the food - just the arsey waiter.we need hm with one of his maps lol, do you have to cross the road? if so it's the manhatan?

Zara
15-07-2011, 21:44
In the absences of HM, how about this one http://tiny.cc/7giw8 I have no idea.

Harmonicaman
15-07-2011, 21:49
I'll give you a clue - it's next door to Bistro Internacional (which was also very good food and service!), going uphill - can't remember the name of the place, but they do tapas and international cuisine.

Is it this one?

http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy13/harmonicaman_photos/Capture-15.png

marbro8
15-07-2011, 21:51
In the absences of HM, how about this one http://tiny.cc/7giw8 I have no idea.oh my god zara that is amazing!!!! it even gives you the place sal is on about ( which i have never heard of) toros tapas

Sal
15-07-2011, 21:51
we need hm with one of his maps lol, do you have to cross the road? if so it's the manhatan?

In the absences of HM, how about this one http://tiny.cc/7giw8 I have no idea.

No!! Between Chinese and Bistro Internacional - really good PR guy and as I say couldn't fault the meal ......just the arsey waiter!

Jimandsi
15-07-2011, 21:52
Where's the PR ? :confused:

marbro8
15-07-2011, 21:53
Is it this one?

http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy13/harmonicaman_photos/Capture-15.pngyep thats the one mate

Jimandsi
15-07-2011, 21:54
Hey HM,

Do you like my avatar ?

It's a Mallard.

slodgedad
15-07-2011, 21:55
Where's the PR ? :confused:

Hiding behind the tree at the front.

'If you see a copper or a camera hide'.. (Taken from the PRs Official Handbook)..:devil::devil:

Sal
15-07-2011, 21:56
Is it this one?

http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy13/harmonicaman_photos/Capture-15.png

Thanks HM, but El Padrino is no longer there (used to love that place). Could be whatever moved into El Padrino.

marbro8
15-07-2011, 21:57
Where's the PR ? :confused:the picture must have been taken at siesta or early hours lol:eyebrows:

slodgedad
15-07-2011, 21:57
Thanks HM, but El Padrino is no longer there (used to love that place). Could be whatever moved into El Padrino.

We're getting closer by the minute...:confused::confused:

Harmonicaman
15-07-2011, 22:01
It must be what was El Padrino as next one up is Golden City (Chinese) then Ranesh (Indian) then O'Jangles. Where's Annaalfredo21? She'd know!:)

marbro8
15-07-2011, 22:03
Hey HM,

Do you like my avatar ?

It's a Mallard.never been much of a trainspotter jimbo and the last mallard i saw was smothered in orange sauce:eyebrows:

Jimandsi
15-07-2011, 22:05
never been much of a trainspotter jimbo and the last mallard i saw was smothered in orange sauce:eyebrows:

I knew it - you ARE posh !

Sal
15-07-2011, 22:12
I knew it - you ARE posh !

What? Having duck in orange sauce? Posh? Pffffffft!

Wish I could remember the name of that restaurant - I just know the waiter had deep brown eyes, never smiled and looked like he had a tampon stuck up his a**e.

marbro8
15-07-2011, 22:13
I knew it - you ARE posh !lmao no mate i will never be classed as posh, good old fashioned working class roots, but the wages we get allow us to enjoy the high life now and again:hungry:

slodgedad
15-07-2011, 22:15
What? Having duck in orange sauce? Posh? Pffffffft!

Wish I could remember the name of that restaurant - I just know the waiter had deep brown eyes, never smiled and looked like he had a tampon stuck up his a**e.

That's confused me even more. List just went from 3 to 28

Harmonicaman
15-07-2011, 22:18
Hey HM,

Do you like my avatar ?

It's a Mallard.

Did I see that one in the National Rail Museum in York Jim? There were that many I've forgotten if the Mallard was there or not. Just to keep on topic it had a terrific buffet car!

Sal
15-07-2011, 22:18
That's confused me even more. List just went from 3 to 28

Que? Por favor? :crazy:

marbro8
15-07-2011, 22:23
Que? Por favor? :crazy:dos cervezas por favor:eyebrows:

slodgedad
15-07-2011, 22:24
Que? Por favor? :crazy:

I meant I was close to guessing and then the clues went pear shaped

Sal
15-07-2011, 22:29
I meant I was close to guessing and then the clues went pear shaped

I can't remember the name of the place, but I think it is where El Padrino used to be. There are two restaurants next to each other offering similar cuisine. The one going down the hill is Bistro Intercional, but the one next door (going uphill) is the one where the offensive waiter works, but the name escapes me!! So aggravating! :mad:

marbro8
15-07-2011, 22:31
I can't remember the name of the place, but I think it is where El Padrino used to be. There are two restaurants next to each other offering similar cuisine. The one going down the hill is Bistro Intercional, but the one next door (going uphill) is the one where the offensive waiter works, but the name escapes me!! So aggravating! :mad:i have so been there:crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing:

Sal
15-07-2011, 22:42
i have so been there:crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing:

The restaurant..........................or not remembering? :spin:

It's a real bummer I can't remember the name, but maybe it's because of the waiter's bad attitude............or is it 'cos I is old? :stars:

marbro8
15-07-2011, 22:53
The restaurant..........................or not remembering? :spin:

It's a real bummer I can't remember the name, but maybe it's because of the waiter's bad attitude............or is it 'cos I is old? :stars:deffo not the restaurant, thats what the forums for, it's like trip advisor and holidays uncovered, " you will never have a bad meal or bad service again":eyebrows:

mini--c
16-07-2011, 01:04
The worst out of them all was one on the beach i had the problem with the desert there and one the guys working there was rude and never smiled once if u dont wanna be there dont but dont put customers off there dinner with ur attatude! as for most the toilets I felt dirty been in some of them!

9PLUS
16-07-2011, 08:02
I always check the loos before ordering, if the are not up to standard, I walk

Quite a good general rules that is and true in many cases

Tom
16-07-2011, 15:54
Did I see that one in the National Rail Museum in York Jim? There were that many I've forgotten if the Mallard was there or not. Just to keep on topic it had a terrific buffet car!

Mallard to return to the National Railway Museum in York (http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/9143845.Mallard_to_return_to_National_Railway_Muse um/)