PDA

View Full Version : Child actors

marbro8
15-07-2011, 21:28
just been watching our weekly catch up on the soaps, and i was just thinking how bad a child actress amy is!! you know steve and tracy's daughter how wooden is that?, when you look at the standard of acting from the little chap that plays simon and the guy that plays chesney when he was younger, and in eastenders the little girl that plays Ricky and bianca's daughter? surely there are better child actors out there, what do you think?

Goforgold
15-07-2011, 21:38
just been watching our weekly catch up on the soaps, and i was just thinking how bad a child actress amy is!! you know steve and tracy's daughter how wooden is that?, when you look at the standard of acting from the little chap that plays simon and the guy that plays chesney when he was younger, and in eastenders the little girl that plays Ricky and bianca's daughter? surely there are better child actors out there, what do you think?

The story lines and acting have been even worse than usual over the last few months so we gave up on Corrie and Emmerdale about 3 weeks ago - I feel so much better for it!! :) :) There are only so many permutations of affairs you can do - the next one would have been Steve McDonald with the Corrie Cat!!!! :) :)

Zara
15-07-2011, 21:55
My favourite child actor Ramona Marquez http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3xKS4EPzCA&feature=related

caroletenerife
15-07-2011, 21:56
probably related to producers...remember bobbys son on dallas, never has such an ugly baby appeared on TV, but he had friends in high places :D

slodgedad
15-07-2011, 22:05
probably related to producers...remember bobbys son on dallas, never has such an ugly baby appeared on TV, but he had friends in high places :D

More true than you can imagine.

I once did a promo video for Autoglass and 11 actors were employed.

The wages were good, £280 plus exes per day in 1993.

I got one days work 10 miles from home but the producer's brother gave the family of 4 shoot in Paris (long weekend) to his brother.

None had ever acted before.

marbro8
15-07-2011, 22:19
My favourite child actor Ramona Marquez http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3xKS4EPzCA&feature=relatedyea a natural

atlantico
16-07-2011, 10:29
pah ! . . . . . half the ADULT actors are just as bad !

'Becky' is great, but 'Steve' is as wooden as it gets !

The worst of those bunch left years ago - Gail Tilsley's ex, Martin - now that was poor acting, you could see him looking around the studio while speaking !

Gail Tilsley would play a good ET , or squirrel , or tortoise, or . . . . . ET

( Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth - is actually 7 years older than the character she plays ! )

Goforgold
16-07-2011, 10:36
pah ! . . . . . half the ADULT actors are just as bad !

'Becky' is great, but 'Steve' is as wooden as it gets !

The worst of those bunch left years ago - Gail Tilsley's ex, Martin - now that was poor acting, you could see him looking around the studio while speaking !

Gail Tilsley would play a good ET , or squirrel , or tortoise, or . . . . . ET

( Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth - is actually 7 years older than the character she plays ! )

My OH always referred to her at E.T.

Mind you if I could stand pain, I would like to know who the cast use for facelifts - there have been some very good ones of the years, quite natural. There have been some bad ones too though. ........................:)

Added after 2 minutes:

My favourite child actor Ramona Marquez http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3xKS4EPzCA&feature=related

Just taken a look she is good :) Was this a series or something?

Just found it on the net so I can watch it, if its any good.

onelegnofeet
16-07-2011, 12:46
I think you will love it GFG ...........................

Now its no good me denying it ,i did watch Corrie last night ,first time in months .The last time was the Tram Crash ..........................
Now ,and i'm sure its not my tv ,but last night Peter Barlow ordered a Ginger Ale ...............but it appeared to be greenish in colour which i could see it being Bitter Lemon !!! so was it me and my tv or did they **** up on filming ???

Tom & Sharon
16-07-2011, 15:17
Although not a "Soap" my vote would be Tyler Hoechlin in Road to Perdition,his first major film role at the age of 15

The end scene still brings the odd drop of water to my eye :cry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTRZROLq1as

Tom:hat:

Rocketman
21-08-2011, 02:59
Emma Watson was my fav child actress. I say "was" because is no longer a child. I saw the first Harry Potter a few days ago and it is amazing how young everyone looks in that film.

Andy0210
21-08-2011, 03:53
The best child actor has to be Stewie from Family Guy, he is just different class! ;)

Klusner
01-10-2011, 06:18
I do not know about the name of child actor bit i saw a girl in a movie called The game plan..She was the superb child star.

smithsleonardo
08-12-2011, 14:28
My favourite child actor is Justin biber. I like his singing. His song "Baby" is wonderful song of the world. He is the youngest star of the hollywood.