PDA

View Full Version : Would you wear one of these?

AL JAY
16-07-2011, 02:11
C'mon own up,

http://uk.travel.yahoo.com/p-promo-3361402

Jackie Buyer
16-07-2011, 09:43
Think you would need to be mad to wear one of these, I definately would not

caroletenerife
16-07-2011, 09:44
Haha, not on the fashion front, but would be funny if ALL passengers with a Ryan air flight turned up wearing them....the big fat blonde waiting to nab the overweighters wouldnt be pleased x bet she is on commision

Suej
16-07-2011, 09:51
AJ are you having a bad day hon?:crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing:

Bobby
16-07-2011, 09:55
If wearing these, how do you assess the weight of the aircraft?

Harmonicaman
16-07-2011, 10:01
The aircraft is always the same weight, it's the passengers who differ!:eyebrows:

Edit: If people start wearing these and the airlines find out, watch out for weighing scales at airport check-ins. Ideal excuse for them to weigh people and start charging for total weight...passenger + luggage.

Balcony
16-07-2011, 10:46
I've long advocated using coats for this purpose. Tho the ones in the piccy make you look like Postman Pat!

Sylla
16-07-2011, 11:28
The aircraft is always the same weight, it's the passengers who differ!:eyebrows:

Edit: If people start wearing these and the airlines find out, watch out for weighing scales at airport check-ins. Ideal excuse for them to weigh people and start charging for total weight...passenger + luggage.

Funny you should say this Harmonicaman ! My family and I were flying to Sicily with Monarch airlines ,:airplane: a few years back now , when my boys were little ....We put our luggage to be weighed , and then the checkin girl turned to my husband and said .."can you now get on the scales " now he is not a tiny man , but I would not call him obese , just a typical well fed Greek Cypriot !:hungry: She didn't want anyone else in our party on the weigh in ....but I was real skinny in those days :eyebrows: We asked , "is this normal ?" the checkin girl replied ......." yes for this plane" :pray:

But it did worry us about the state of the aircraft , as on the flight there seemed to be water dripping from the roof :confused:

onelegnofeet
16-07-2011, 12:40
Of no use to me ,i just put excess into my .......Hollow legs !!

Goforgold
16-07-2011, 16:18
C'mon own up,

http://uk.travel.yahoo.com/p-promo-3361402

Once these coats have been 'loaded' up, how are you going to squash them under the seat, if you need to keep them handy for your book, MP3, sweets and the like!!! :) :) Not too bad in the winter, but wouldn't fancy it in the summer!! :(

onelegnofeet
16-07-2011, 16:20
Once these coats have been 'loaded' up, how are you going to squash them under the seat, :(

Easy solution .............you put the jacket in another jacket !!!!

Malteser Monkey
16-07-2011, 16:28
Good idea BUT I would only just about get the contents of my handbag in one of those !!!

onelegnofeet
16-07-2011, 16:33
Good idea BUT I would only just about get the contents of my handbag in one of those !!!

Yes but maybe the empties wouldn't CLANK so loudly !!!!

dokgolf
16-07-2011, 16:33
If it meant getting one over Michael O'Leary, I'd wear ten of them!

Goforgold
16-07-2011, 16:43
If it meant getting one over Michael O'Leary, I'd wear ten of them!

Please take a photo of yourself when you do Dokgolf!! :) :)