PDA

View Full Version : Oven Smell ( again!)

dokgolf
16-07-2011, 17:02
Just like to say thank you to those people who gave me the very helpful suggestions as how to get rid of a smell in an oven, especially the suggestion of leaving in a couple of lemon halves. They worked fantasticly well. The only trouble is, I forgot to take them out and they were in there for at least a fortnight. They looked like a couple of mould ridden Yorkshire puds. :mad:
P.S. I inhaled some of the spores and am worried about the little guy who has a chest infection at the moment.

junglejim
16-07-2011, 17:29
If the spores/mold were greenish in colour it was probably a strain of Penicillium mold - relatively harmeless .
Try cooking a Sunday Roast once a week - itīll help your oven and Iīll be round for dinner !!

Goforgold
16-07-2011, 17:31
What are you like Dokgolf??!! :) You should be ok though. Hope the chest infection clears up quickly, poor little thing. :(

dokgolf
16-07-2011, 20:29
If the spores/mold were greenish in colour it was probably a strain of Penicillium mold - relatively harmeless .
Try cooking a Sunday Roast once a week - itīll help your oven and Iīll be round for dinner !!

Many thanks JJ, I'll set a place for you!

Added after 2 minutes:

What are you like Dokgolf??!! :) You should be ok though. Hope the chest infection clears up quickly, poor little thing. :(

Thanks GFG. Will try not to do it again!:ashamed::o ( Gone right off Yorkshire puds though)