PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get external tile grout colourant in Tenerife?

Suej
16-07-2011, 18:13
Does anyone know where I can buy external grout colourant to go over existing external tile grout please?! I know it can be bought in UK but job canīt wait!

Thanks!:hello:

Balcony
17-07-2011, 08:54
Go to a harware store like the large outlet, Las Chafiras is Chafiras.

Suej
17-07-2011, 10:33
I did hope someone might actually know if it was sold here as it is in the UK...just trying to save myself a bit of time and running around. Fergres was another place that I thought might have it, but if anyone can name a shop that stocks it it would be helpful. In UK itīs called Aqua Mix Tile grout colourant itīs easy to apply and will change any grout colour internal or external.

Thanks Balcony!

jewels
17-07-2011, 11:47
We could do with some aswell in a beige colour hope someone knows an outlet that sells it

Suej
17-07-2011, 13:23
We could do with some aswell in a beige colour hope someone knows an outlet that sells it

If you get stuck jewels here is the link for the one available in UK
http://www.tradetiler.com/acatalog/Grout_Colourant.html thereīs loads of colours to choose from! been told itīs great stuff! I hope I can find it here, If I do find it I will post where I get it from.

onelegnofeet
17-07-2011, 13:48

You could try mixing a bit of grout with cold Tea to see if you can get to the colour you want .........stronger the brew darker the colour

Suej
17-07-2011, 13:53
I should be laughing oneleg! but too stressed for that today :( Well I did smile a little!;)

LeFrunk
17-07-2011, 13:54
Hi Suej , i was stuck a few yrs ago with the same prob , it depends on the colour you want but i got red ink from a pen and mixed it in with grout i bought so it might be a thought. good luck .

Jackie
17-07-2011, 13:54
There is a little hardware store in Valle san Lorenzo that sells dye that you put in white paint so maybe they would sell the stuff you are looking for. It is on the main road on the left hand side almost opposite the Alceza (spelling) supermarket

Suej
17-07-2011, 14:01
There is a little hardware store in Valle san Lorenzo that sells dye that you put in white paint so maybe they would sell the stuff you are looking for. It is on the main road on the left hand side almost opposite the Alceza (spelling) supermarket

I know the one Jackie, Thanks. I think I might try Goyo too. There is a very good product available but itīs whether they sell it or an equivalent here!;)

onelegnofeet
17-07-2011, 14:03
I should be laughing oneleg! but too stressed for that today :( Well I did smile a little!;)

Sorry your stressed ,but i was being serious .I once mixed Cochineal (aka Carmine ) in grout to get red grout for a bathroom some many years ago and it worked ................bonus was i never got any spiders ,insects in the bathroom ,may have been just a coinsidence ,but then again maybe the smell of their friends blood !!!!:eek::eek:

Suej
17-07-2011, 14:05
Hi Suej , i was stuck a few yrs ago with the same prob , it depends on the colour you want but i got red ink from a pen and mixed it in with grout i bought so it might be a thought. good luck .

Thanks LeFrunk, but cannot grout over we just need colourant for new existing grout.

Suzanne
17-07-2011, 14:15
you can actually buy coloured grout in any of the diy stores...

Suej
17-07-2011, 14:21
you can actually buy coloured grout in any of the diy stores...

Thanks to all for the suggestions! but we need grout colourant...the grout has just been done so cannot be grouted again, the colour needs to be darkened from a light grey to a darker grey, regrouting is out of the question trying to grout over the top would look horrendous and wouldnīt work anyway unfortunately.

onelegnofeet
17-07-2011, 14:43
Thanks to all for the suggestions! but we need grout colourant...the grout has just been done so cannot be grouted again, the colour needs to be darkened from a light grey to a darker grey, regrouting is out of the question trying to grout over the top would look horrendous and wouldnīt work anyway unfortunately.

Indeliable (spelling!) felt tip pen .......................perhaps

tonym
17-07-2011, 23:03
I would try darkening the grout by using the tinting medium you can buy from chafiras. If youīve noticed, grout discolours anyway (particularly on floors) so I dont see why you cant colour (darken) exsisting grout.

atlantico
17-07-2011, 23:44
Suej . . . . . you sure you're female ?

Sure know a lot about grouting !!

I need to underpin my foundations, any advice ??

Suej
18-07-2011, 09:30
Suej . . . . . you sure you're female ?

Sure know a lot about grouting !!

Iīll come a look at the job for you atlantico!:eyebrows:

Added after 2 minutes:

[QUOTE=tonym;62104]I would try darkening the grout by using the tinting medium you can buy from chafiras. If youīve noticed, grout discolours anyway (particularly on floors) so I dont see why you cant colour (darken) exsisting grout.

Thatīs probably the stuff! Yes you can colour grout quite easily as itīs porous...might even try it on the kitchen tiles!