PDA

View Full Version : Restaurants Mirador de la Castinal Cafe Restaurant, San Miguel, Tenerife

rosemary
17-07-2011, 11:20
Not sure if this is correct spelling. Found a review in archive for 2008 but would like something a little more recent. Also directions from las chafiras.

Jackie
17-07-2011, 11:27
Do you mean Mirador de la Centinela??

rosemary
17-07-2011, 11:38
Do you mean Mirador de la Centinela??

Thatīs the one! Do you know it?

Jackie
17-07-2011, 11:58
Thatīs the one! Do you know it?

yes it is 2 minutes from my house :). I haven't been in the restaurant for a while but had no complaints on any of our visits previously. We tend to stop there more during the day in the Cafe for a coffee and pastry on the way home from shopping. It has stunning views of the whole of the South of the Island as it sits on the edge of the mountains with a totally glass wall. It is not actually in the Town of San Miguel but the area of San Miguel de Abona. The restaurant is between Valle san Lorenzo and El Roque. From Las Chafiras you need to take the road up to San Miguel, just keep going it is one long road. You will eventually come to the Town Hall (large blue building) on your left, keep going to the T junction and the main part of San Miguel. When at the T junction turn left, you will drive out of San Miguel Town and then into Tamaide the next village, just keep going on that road and you will reach El Roque. Just keep going, you will think you are in the middle of nowhere because you will now be on the mountain road heading towards Valle but on the left hand side before reaching Valle you will see the restaurant, it is well signposted so you won't miss it. From Las Chafiras to restaurant is about 15-20 minutes in a car. If going by bus get the bus up to San Miguel and from San Miguel get the 416 that goes to Adeje, there is a bus stop right outisde the restaurant.

rosemary
17-07-2011, 13:57
Brilliant directions thankyou!

Saltnpepper
15-08-2011, 12:53
We also went there for dinner at the end of May, it was really nice food & the staff are very friendly & helpful. A nice time to go is early evening so you can see the views while it's still light, watch the sun go down over La Gomera then later you've got all the lights down below you, although you do get a lot of reflection from the windows at night. We can't live very far from you Jackie, as we're only 5 minutes away ourselves in Tamaide.

Zara
15-08-2011, 13:04
Another brilliant restaurant close to the Mirador is the El Rincon de Patri (http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com/2011/05/14/el-rincon-de-patri-%E2%80%93-el-roque-valle-san-lorenzosan-miguel/)

Saltnpepper
15-08-2011, 13:27
Thanks Zara. I've just read your blog about El Rincon de Patri. This restaurant's changed hands many times since we've lived in Tamaide (7 years) but we haven't been since the latest owners took it over. It doesn't look like they've made many changes in the decor, which is good, as it was great the way it was, like you say, homely & welcoming, like someone's house. I didn't know there was a cave though, that's interesting! Will definitely have to check it out again, thanks!