PDA

View Full Version : Other What a beautiful place and beautiful people

DeedeeTipperary
17-07-2011, 17:13
Well we are home a week now from our fantastic holiday in Tenerife . We went there with a long list from all you helpful forum members of places to go , to eat and drink , must sees and must dos :)
We just did not have the time to fit it all in , our two weeks did not even scratch the surface of this beautiful island . We stayed in San Eugenio in a private house , I was a little nervous about it as I had read the Illegal Lettings thread and I didnt know if it was legit or not . To be honest I was afraid to ask as we had paid it all upfront last March and I didnt want to rock the boat .
Anyway the house was lovely in a great area just up the road from La Pinta beach . Lovely area , plenty of bars and restaurants , entertainment , shops and so on .
We did a lot of walking up and down the beachfront . Stunning views both ways , you would never tire of seeing the beauty of the whole area . We visited Playas de las Americas and Los Cristianos a lot . The church square in Los Cristianos is a pure delight , it was lovely in the evenings to see the locals out with their families chatting and the kids playing . Parts of that area reminded me a little of Barcelona .
There are an abundance of great restaurants to eat in , to name but a few of the delicious places we ate in , La Burgado , Linares , La Terraza del Mare , Mongolian Grill . Top class food and service , I can honestly say we were treated very well , great service , everywhere we went .
we did two trips to Siam Park , and if my lot had their way we would have gone a lot more !! Fantastic , out of this world waterpark ! We did go on the "quieter " days , still found it very busy but the lifegaurds there are topnotch and so good at organizing the queues I have the highest regard for them .
The Jeep safari , Teide _ Masca , was brilliant , a great tour of breathtaking views . Those roads from Teide to Masca !!! What can I say , my heart was in my mouth at the way those jeeps took to the road , but what a trip !
We found taxis very cheap to take us around , can they drive fast !!! We got talking to a few lovely taxi drivers about the beautiful island , they were very eager to point out places of interest while taking their hands off the wheel to point them out to us :pray: I have a lot more grey hairs now :)
We did the mini-golf in Vivos a couple of nights , a great place the kids loved it.
We had a great few nights in San Eugens bar , reasonable prices and great entertainment , the Pheasant Plucker , cheaper prices and great entertainment . we tried Harleys a couple of nights but it was very quiet , which was a pity as its a lovely place .
Our favourite cocktail bar was and is la Terraza del Mare , the frozen cocktails surpassed all my wildest dreams , I tried the frozen coladas and the frozen dacquiris , to die for !! I loved the fact that the virgin cocktails are a couple of euro cheaper than the alcholic ones . We made this place our" local" even though it was a little bit of a walk but it was worth it!
As I said we only tipped the iceberg with our visit to Tenerife so hopefully we get to come back next year and do a little more sightseeing of this stunning island and its very friendly people .
Many many thanks to all who helped and advised me before we went it helped enormously .
Regards Deedee

Madre
17-07-2011, 17:20
What a nice post, someone actually taking the time and letting us know all the good things about this beautiful Island that they enjoyed.:hat:

Harmonicaman
17-07-2011, 17:40
So glad you had a lovely holiday DeeDee, tell all your friends and go back again!:)

MrsTT
17-07-2011, 17:48
Thank you so much for such a lovely and interesting report about our wonderful island!:cheer: So glad you had a great time!

Ed3229
17-07-2011, 18:02
10 weeks to go for me..........Reading this post has brought back many happy memories for me and has made the waiting worthwhile ......Cant wait to be back!!!

Sal
17-07-2011, 18:28
10 weeks to go for me..........Reading this post has brought back many happy memories for me and has made the waiting worthwhile ......Cant wait to be back!!!

Know what you mean - we've been back from our holiday for three weeks and can't wait for our next visit!

Glad you had a super holiday DeeDee!

DeedeeTipperary
18-07-2011, 12:51
Thanks for all your good wishes folks , one place where we ate which was recommended to my husband called la gomero . We hadnt a clue where it was so we sat into a taxi and asked the taxi driver did he know of it . He went off like a bullet and told us he would have us there in 2 minutes when we got out of the taxi he shouted in to the chef behind the counter " I bring you hungry tourists " . This is a place where you shouldnt go unless you are hungry , not because its bad but because of the amount of good decent home cooked food they lash out on the plate!! My husband and daughter got the leg of lamb for two , not very sure of the price roughly 26 euros give or take , with all the trimmings . When the waiter brought it out we thought it was for the whole restaurant . My husband gave it a good effort and my daughter only managed a few slices and there was still enough for at the very least two more people !! It would have fed a family of four with leftovers , and it was delicious . Myself and my son had sirloin steaks and they were also huge . Great food and service and very reasonable .
As I look over our holiday snaps I keep remembering places we went to and one of these days I will get my daughter to upload a few of them on here to share with you all , I am brainless when it comes to computers:)

junglejim
18-07-2011, 13:37
Thanks for all your good wishes folks , one place where we ate which was recommended to my husband called la gomero . We hadnt a clue where it was so we sat into a taxi and asked the taxi driver did he know of it . He went off like a bullet and told us he would have us there in 2 minutes when we got out of the taxi he shouted in to the chef behind the counter " I bring you hungry tourists " . This is a place where you shouldnt go unless you are hungry , not because its bad but because of the amount of good decent home cooked food they lash out on the plate!! My husband and daughter got the leg of lamb for two , not very sure of the price roughly 26 euros give or take , with all the trimmings . When the waiter brought it out we thought it was for the whole restaurant . My husband gave it a good effort and my daughter only managed a few slices and there was still enough for at the very least two more people !! It would have fed a family of four with leftovers , and it was delicious . Myself and my son had sirloin steaks and they were also huge . Great food and service and very reasonable .
As I look over our holiday snaps I keep remembering places we went to and one of these days I will get my daughter to upload a few of them on here to share with you all , I am brainless when it comes to computers:)

El Gomero is one of my favorites - Leg of Lamb is great value and what you don´t finish , they will wrap up for taking away ( Para LLevar)- good for fresh fish also and local desserts are nice but very sweet ( full of honey), such as Frangollo or Bienmesabe!
Thanks for your experiences and hope you return soon - so many more places to be enjoyed and I´m sure the members of Forum will be happy to guide you to them !!

DeedeeTipperary
18-07-2011, 17:40
El Gomero is one of my favorites - Leg of Lamb is great value and what you don´t finish , they will wrap up for taking away ( Para LLevar)- good for fresh fish also and local desserts are nice but very sweet ( full of honey), such as Frangollo or Bienmesabe!
Thanks for your experiences and hope you return soon - so many more places to be enjoyed and I´m sure the members of Forum will be happy to guide you to them !!
The waiter did indeed offer to wrap the lamb up for us to take away , at that stage my lot had eaten so much lamb they couldnt face anymore :) We were so stuffed after the main we couldnt face deserts , which says a lot as I have a very sweet tooth ! Oops yes its called El Gomero not La Gomero :)

fonica
19-07-2011, 09:14
Well we are home a week now from our fantastic holiday in Tenerife . We went there with a long list from all you helpful forum members of places to go , to eat and drink , must sees and must dos :)
We just did not have the time to fit it all in , our two weeks did not even scratch the surface of this beautiful island . We stayed in San Eugenio in a private house , I was a little nervous about it as I had read the Illegal Lettings thread and I didnt know if it was legit or not . To be honest I was afraid to ask as we had paid it all upfront last March and I didnt want to rock the boat .
Anyway the house was lovely in a great area just up the road from La Pinta beach . Lovely area , plenty of bars and restaurants , entertainment , shops and so on .
We did a lot of walking up and down the beachfront . Stunning views both ways , you would never tire of seeing the beauty of the whole area . We visited Playas de las Americas and Los Cristianos a lot . The church square in Los Cristianos is a pure delight , it was lovely in the evenings to see the locals out with their families chatting and the kids playing . Parts of that area reminded me a little of Barcelona .
There are an abundance of great restaurants to eat in , to name but a few of the delicious places we ate in , La Burgado , Linares , La Terraza del Mare , Mongolian Grill . Top class food and service , I can honestly say we were treated very well , great service , everywhere we went .
we did two trips to Siam Park , and if my lot had their way we would have gone a lot more !! Fantastic , out of this world waterpark ! We did go on the "quieter " days , still found it very busy but the lifegaurds there are topnotch and so good at organizing the queues I have the highest regard for them .
The Jeep safari , Teide _ Masca , was brilliant , a great tour of breathtaking views . Those roads from Teide to Masca !!! What can I say , my heart was in my mouth at the way those jeeps took to the road , but what a trip !
We found taxis very cheap to take us around , can they drive fast !!! We got talking to a few lovely taxi drivers about the beautiful island , they were very eager to point out places of interest while taking their hands off the wheel to point them out to us :pray: I have a lot more grey hairs now :)
We did the mini-golf in Vivos a couple of nights , a great place the kids loved it.
We had a great few nights in San Eugens bar , reasonable prices and great entertainment , the Pheasant Plucker , cheaper prices and great entertainment . we tried Harleys a couple of nights but it was very quiet , which was a pity as its a lovely place .
Our favourite cocktail bar was and is la Terraza del Mare , the frozen cocktails surpassed all my wildest dreams , I tried the frozen coladas and the frozen dacquiris , to die for !! I loved the fact that the virgin cocktails are a couple of euro cheaper than the alcholic ones . We made this place our" local" even though it was a little bit of a walk but it was worth it!
As I said we only tipped the iceberg with our visit to Tenerife so hopefully we get to come back next year and do a little more sightseeing of this stunning island and its very friendly people .
Many many thanks to all who helped and advised me before we went it helped enormously .
Regards Deedee

What a lovely post and thank you for taking the time to tell us something nice in this era of complaint and negativity.Hope you come back soon and enjoy your next holiday as much as your last.

balababe
19-07-2011, 10:33
I just want to endorse all the previous comments - it is so good to hear positive comments about our beautiful island. I am back from the UK on the 27th and will definitely go to El Gomero. My partner and I are probably quite capable of finishing a leg of lamb between us. Another good place for you the next time is Rodeo's near Exit 30 on the motorway - fantastic salads (the fattening kind!) and all the meat you can eat. Thank you again for your comments.

TenerifeFanatic
19-07-2011, 20:24
What a truly delightful thread!:cool:

Jackie Buyer
20-07-2011, 07:46
Can someone tell me where El Gomero is situated, I'll definately try next time I'm in Tenerife - Thanks in advance

junglejim
20-07-2011, 07:54
Can someone tell me where El Gomero is situated, I'll definately try next time I'm in Tenerife - Thanks in advance

Just along from bus station, before police station .
Depending on which direction you come from there is a bus stop outside - closed Sundays - restaurant is next to the bar which is usually filled with Taxi drivers and police enjoying "Menu del Diá " which is good value also and served either at bar or in restaurant ,

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=San+Eugenio,+Adeje,+Espa%C3%B1a&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=28.067966,-16.726588&spn=0.004184,0.010568&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=11.488016,43.286133&z=17&layer=c&cbll=28.067988,-16.726628&panoid=QXP_vw-Kr8xm6bMxhZMA0w&cbp=12,210.45,,1,1.05

Jackie Buyer
20-07-2011, 08:09
Just along from bus station, before police station .
Depending on which direction you come from there is a bus stop outside - closed Sundays - restaurant is next to the bar which is usually filled with Taxi drivers and police enjoying "Menu del Diá " which is good value also and served either at bar or in restaurant ,

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=San+Eugenio,+Adeje,+Espa%C3%B1a&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=28.067966,-16.726588&spn=0.004184,0.010568&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=11.488016,43.286133&z=17&layer=c&cbll=28.067988,-16.726628&panoid=QXP_vw-Kr8xm6bMxhZMA0w&cbp=12,210.45,,1,1.05

Junglejim, thanks for your help

hackney58
20-07-2011, 16:21
exactly where is EL GOMERO? from your report we will definitely give it a go when we come to tenerife in September
thanks for taking the time good report

Zara
20-07-2011, 16:31
It is opposite the Las Americas police station in the row of shops/restaurants on the other side of the roundabout.

CIM
20-07-2011, 16:55
I take it you´re now hooked on Tenerife and are now one of so many who return year after year!
El Gomero is always packed with locals so you just know it´s gonna be good!

DeedeeTipperary
20-07-2011, 21:28
I take it you´re now hooked on Tenerife and are now one of so many who return year after year!
El Gomero is always packed with locals so you just know it´s gonna be good!

Indeed we are hooked CIM :) All going well next year we will be back again the end of June . I have actually being looking on websites for a place in the same area, San Eugenio, as we loved it . I am a little bit nervous of booking this early though as I have been reading the Illegal lettings thread , so I will wait until early next year and see how it goes . I have talked my parents into coming along as well , they have been going to Lanzarote 3 or 4 times a year for the last 15 years or so , and set in to a routine over there . So I want to show them how beautiful Tenerife is , with all the entertainment there that they love :) So heres to next year:crossfingers: