PDA

View Full Version : What's the best Sunday roasting joint ?

Ed3229
17-07-2011, 17:52
What do you like ??

Zara
17-07-2011, 18:35
I've just voted for the rib of beef, but can I stipulate it has to have the bone in it !!! I would also like to have voted for the leg of lamb, but beef just tips the scales as I enjoy a beef and mustard sarni for supper :hungry: and cold lamb is just not the same.

delderek
17-07-2011, 18:38
Top rump,,corner cut

Ed3229
17-07-2011, 18:53
Top rump,,corner cut
A corner cut fan......Nice cut of meat...

I've just voted for the rib of beef, but can I stipulate it has to have the bone in it !!! I would also like to have voted for the leg of lamb, but beef just tips the scales as I enjoy a beef and mustard sarni for supper :hungry: and cold lamb is just not the same.
Got to be bone in !!!!

DaveRF
17-07-2011, 19:08
Leg of pork with the skin scored and sea salt rubbed in to make a fabulous crackling.

onelegnofeet
17-07-2011, 19:14
Nothing for the Veggies then .............another bigot thread !!!lol

DaveRF
17-07-2011, 19:15

Nuts!!!!!!!!

onelegnofeet
17-07-2011, 19:16
Nuts!!!!!!!!

Roasting on an open fire ..............oooh xmas already :crazy:

Zara
17-07-2011, 19:31

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdXayLlOs10

Sal
17-07-2011, 19:34
I love a good roast beef joint - Topside or Sirloin, but it must be cooked through properly - none of that pink, bloody, half-cooked cow!!!

delderek
17-07-2011, 19:38
I love a good roast beef joint - Topside or Sirloin, but it must be cooked through properly - none of that pink, bloody, half-cooked cow!!!

Like most women, they like cremated meat,,beef should be 62deg in the middle which is PINK

Sal
17-07-2011, 19:43
Like most women, they like cremated meat,,beef should be 62deg in the middle which is PINK

Just a matter of taste - I like mine cooked!

Zara
17-07-2011, 19:56

Noooo ! OH likes it well done but I like it just like this Oh it is making my mouth water just looking at it

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjNI_OKtTyrbvfv2fYF_0mC-ASwnwOxxaUL9JKjwdeW_H16QHrsg

AL JAY
17-07-2011, 20:11
That looks revolting Zara, When you put it in the oven you have to light the gas, Since you left Hartlepool you have become a Southern softie! :whistle::D

*That is Roadkill Shirley*:hole:

Zara
17-07-2011, 20:29
That looks revolting Zara, When you put it in the oven you have to light the gas, Since you left Hartlepool you have become a Southern softie! :whistle::D

*That is Roadkill Shirley*:hole:

Hartlepool = Corned Beef - can you get that rare :raspberry2:

tracey
18-07-2011, 05:09
cant remember the last time I had a Sunday Roast :(

Ed3229
18-07-2011, 07:55
So far the poll puts Leg of Lamb 1st bit of a surprise as Shoulder of Lamb sells far better in our farm shop butchers and Shoulder of Pork is a big seller.We are finding that people will try the cheaper cuts with our advice on cooking and return for more as they are delicious when cooked right.

onelegnofeet
18-07-2011, 08:00
My mums "Stuffed Beasts Heart " was to die for .......................well a few cows did in fact !!!

Zara
18-07-2011, 09:26
My mums "Stuffed Beasts Heart " was to die for .......................well a few cows did in fact !!!

Never seen it here but in the UK I used to stuff breast of lamb with a bit of mince, fruit and nuts, breadcrumbs and plenty of garlic and herbs lovely. OH used to like it just roast and nibble on the bones - yuk too greasy for me.

onelegnofeet
18-07-2011, 09:29
I remember Breast of Lamb at school floating in grease !!!! NOT FOR ME

Zara
18-07-2011, 09:33

Oh no I would cook it on a rack so the fat ran through - it didnīt float, the fat went crispy but I prefer meat to fat ........ school dinners did they get anything right

onelegnofeet
18-07-2011, 09:37
Oh no I would cook it on a rack so the fat ran through - it didnīt float, the fat went crispy but I prefer meat to fat ........ school dinners did they get anything right

yes Cheese Pie .....................................

Sundowner
18-07-2011, 09:50
I like them all :) But a rare rib of beef wins it for me.

jolfc
18-07-2011, 14:12

As a school cook I shall stick up for my school dinners, lol,:lol: I drain any fat of all the meat I cook, you need to come and have dinner at my school oneleg and zara, :hungry::hungry:

Suej
18-07-2011, 17:47
Ooooh Roast Lamb for me but I do love Roast Chicken and Turkey...:hungry:

onelegnofeet
18-07-2011, 18:03
As a school cook I shall stick up for my school dinners, lol,:lol: I drain any fat of all the meat I cook, you need to come and have dinner at my school oneleg and zara, :hungry::hungry:

But i dont think by now you will be in your 80s!!!,back then grease suet animal fats in extreme where not frowned upon !!! Plus they had seperate tables for those with White Dinner tickets ,which were give out to the poorer kids whose parents where not employed .Would that be the same now ,no, it would be classed as segregation !!!There was a plus side for them though "THEY GOT THE SPARES "lol usually a few SLICES OF GRAVY ,and SPROUT MASH !!!:eyebrows::eyebrows:

Now this here invite for me and Zara .................do you do it by candle light !!!:kiss2::kiss2::whistle::whistle:

jolfc
18-07-2011, 18:36
But i dont think by now you will be in your 80s!!!,back then grease suet animal fats in extreme where not frowned upon !!! Plus they had seperate tables for those with White Dinner tickets ,which were give out to the poorer kids whose parents where not employed .Would that be the same now ,no, it would be classed as segregation !!!There was a plus side for them though "THEY GOT THE SPARES "lol usually a few SLICES OF GRAVY ,and SPROUT MASH !!!:eyebrows::eyebrows:

Now this here invite for me and Zara .................do you do it by candle light !!!:kiss2::kiss2::whistle::whistle:

No half way to 80 tomorrow, never heard of white tickets all in the same queue now. I can do candlelight and roses for you both if you wish with soft music, :kiss2::love::harp:, there would just be 100 children around, :lol: , but no cold meat floating in fat, yuck.

onelegnofeet
18-07-2011, 22:45
Firstly Jolfc .......................HAPPY BIRTHDAY for tommorrow ( just in case i arnt about !!!)

2 things first the meat never floated,it left it to the fat ! and it was never cold !!!.......think our school cooks made the original CHOCOLATE CONCRETE ,it was a great replacement for stones for our catapults !!!

slodgedad
18-07-2011, 23:56
I used to love school dinners, especially when I was table monitor..:hungry::hungry::hungry: