PDA

View Full Version : Restaurants Restaurante Margarita, Los Cristianos, Tenerife

Tom and Lesley
17-07-2011, 18:21
From El Mirador go along the road towards LC town centre, it's 100m on the right. Reopened in 2010 with very friendly English new managers. Good menu with good food, try the BBQ steaks. Also does the best breakfast at the best price around. Entertainment in the evenings and free WiFi too.
We ate there several times in May/June 2011

Sal
17-07-2011, 18:34
From El Mirador go along the road towards LC town centre, it's 100m on the right. Reopened in 2010 with very friendly English new managers. Good menu with good food, try the BBQ steaks. Also does the best breakfast at the best price around. Entertainment in the evenings and free WiFi too.
We ate there several times in May/June 2011

We also had an excellent meal at Margarita restaurant on our recent holiday. The food was faultless, the owners and staff really nice and friendly............and we had Simply Mo to entertain us!

chris
29-03-2014, 21:44
What is the prices like for food and drinks at Restaurante Margarita in Los Cristianos?

Cheers Chris

marbro8
29-03-2014, 22:32
What is the prices like for food and drinks at Restaurante Margarita in Los Cristianos?

Cheers Chrisit depends on what you have really, we ate there on about 3 occasions last may, the pizzas are great value at about €9 and the BBQ is the star of the show with a fillet steak about €20 with all the usual trimmings, the staff are really friendly and the beer is about €2 a pint but you are getting 2-3 acts a night for that, it really is a complete night out, i would book a table if i were you because when we went in october we tried to get in on several occasions but they could not fit us in, if you have a walk down they will even let you pick your table, you can have one outside or if you want to carry on watching the acts after 12,00 pm you would be better choosing a table inside because they have to shut the doors

Ricman
30-03-2014, 16:35
Marvelous bar & restaurant with excellent artistes every night.

If you speak to Eddie, the owner, best not mention Leeds United though. Grown men sobbing is never a good sight.

christa
30-03-2014, 16:41
Love this place. You will have to go for the BBQ if you sit outside, it smells divine. Lamb chops (I counted 9 on my plate) are to die for! Entertainment is brill too.

sundownersvince
30-03-2014, 19:41
Massive lumps of meat on the grill by the entrance, yummy. Bet the vegetarians cross the road at that point. :cooking:

marbro8
30-03-2014, 20:28
Massive lumps of meat on the grill by the entrance, yummy. Bet the vegetarians cross the road at that point. :cooking:no they are the ones on the grill:lol::D

Angusjim
31-03-2014, 10:52
Quote Originally Posted by marbro8 View Post
it depends on what you have really, we ate there on about 3 occasions last may, the pizzas are great value at about €9 and the BBQ is the star of the show with a fillet steak about €20 with all the usual trimmings, the staff are really friendly and the beer is about €2 a pint but you are getting 2-3 acts a night for that, it really is a complete night out, i would book a table if i were you because when we went in october we tried to get in on several occasions but they could not fit us in, if you have a walk down they will even let you pick your table, you can have one outside or if you want to carry on watching the acts after 12,00 pm you would be better choosing a table inside because they have to shut the doors
First virtual PR in Tenerife:lol: :respect:

sundownersvince
31-03-2014, 21:09
All grillas are vegetarians you know.........

Angusjim
21-04-2014, 15:03
Visited Margarita again last week service & food 1st class. Listened to the 1st act which was headed as Divas she was very good but did not sing much songs from Divas which was a bonus as what she did sing was very good that lassie has a great voice,left before the 2nd act which was Mike Bubbly his music does my heid in. Would advise booking table as it was very busy ( PR is a very pleasant / helpful chap ):c2::c2:

Angusjim
18-10-2014, 14:17
Any one been in here recently as I said above enjoyed it last time I was there may visit this trip

tfs1
18-10-2014, 17:44
not been in but the PR guy outside certainly can't be missed ! one day last week he was wearing a Hawaiian top, yellow hat, one yellow show, one orange one and another day he wore his pink outfit (including pink hat).

macdonald5
22-10-2014, 20:15
Any one been in here recently as I said above enjoyed it last time I was there may visit this trip

Yes AJ, we've been in three times this month as had friends in Vic Court1
Only had drinks at end of night but good buzz about the place,decent measures and entertainment OK

Ecky Thump
22-10-2014, 20:34

And I could buy you that promised drink there...not to far to carry Carol home!:devil2:

tfs1
27-10-2014, 11:24
Still not been in, Gary Barlow tribute was there last night. Not too many in at 10.00pm when we passed but he sounded better than the karaoke bloke signing in the Swan !

lynno52
27-10-2014, 18:17
Still not been in, Gary Barlow tribute was there last night. Not too many in at 10.00pm when we passed but he sounded better than the karaoke bloke signing in the Swan !

I ate in there last week, as ever the b-b-q lamb was fabulous! Good entertainment also. Ps I know exactly what you mean about the Swan :headphones:

marbro8
27-10-2014, 18:49
I ate in there last week, as ever the b-b-q lamb was fabulous! Good entertainment also. Ps I know exactly what you mean about the Swan :headphones:we ate in there last week,i had the paella,it is one of the few places that will do it for one person,my niece had the spaghetti carbonara but said it tasted horrible,so we sent it back and she ordered something else,no fuss and wasn't charged for it,three good acts on and they have changed the beer from that horrid reina,all in all a good night with good food for the 8 of us;) just to add about the swan,we used to use it a lot but not any more,it is VERY clicky and they only like a certain type of client,the bloke singing on the karaoke is actually one of the acts,i have seen better in bar 39:lol:

theslaters
27-10-2014, 19:58
Went there last night with the family great night out Gary Barlow might as well of been Ken barlow but had a sing along Robbie came on at 10 very funny and good act not only singing but got people up to perform the food was average but overall a good night out we all enjoyed ourselves not expensive for the food beer and entertainment will defo return.

Cousincas
28-10-2014, 09:18
just to add about the swan,we used to use it a lot but not any more,it is VERY clicky and they only like a certain type of client,the bloke singing on the karaoke is actually one of the acts,i have seen better in bar 39:lol:

Just curious as I go in the Swan, what is the 'certain type of client' they prefer?

lynno52
28-10-2014, 17:19
Just curious as I go in the Swan, what is the 'certain type of client' they prefer?

Can't answer re Marbro's post, but in my experience , in summer in the Swan there is a great age range of punters which makes for an enjoyable evening as there is then a great range of music. I have recently found that the punters were older and the music not to my taste. This is a personal view and not meant to offend. I am not a Swallow but am of that age :)

marbro8
28-10-2014, 19:34
Just curious as I go in the Swan, what is the 'certain type of client' they prefer?one that doesn't sing over and above the actual singer,i have done it many a time and got some funny looks,at the end of the day i go out to enjoy myself and am a larger than life character,but i don't think it is very much appreciated in there:(

Cousincas
29-10-2014, 00:22
I have to agree there's a difference between the summer and winter crowds and admit to preferring the older group. I also fit Marbro's description of the type of client they prefer. Each to their own I guess.

marbro8
29-10-2014, 00:57
I have to agree there's a difference between the summer and winter crowds and admit to preferring the older group. I also fit Marbro's description of the type of client they prefer. Each to their own I guess.me and my wife started to go in there when they first opened about 3 years ago,gary ang and anthony were perfect hosts,and some nights there would only be us and a couple of customers in,i told them that just being a bar in tenerife was dangerous because you are only providing one service,and advised them to serve food,to which they said they would never do that,we came back 6 months later to see that they had indeed started to serve food,and got some acts in(albeit poor)after a poor experience after organizing a forum meet last year we haven't been in again, but i wish them all the best for the future,anyway to stay on topic i think that although the food is quite good in margaritas it is expensive,my paella was €19 and was stuck to the bottom of the pan,i was talking to someone around the pool the other day and he had a meal of paella in palm mar for €3.60 and it was fantastic,so was the 2 massive pork chops salad veg and potatoes his wife had for the same price,yes it was in the middle of the day with no entertainment but still good value;)

tfs1
29-10-2014, 12:05
my paella was €19 and was stuck to the bottom of the pan

traditional Valencian paella has some of it 'stuck' to the bottom of the pan - I manage it everytime I do one !

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

but that probably more to do with supping a beer at the end of the cooking time rather than by design

candy2411
29-10-2014, 15:29
Haven't posted for a while although I do look in from time to time....had to post though when Marbro says food at Rest. Margarita is expensive! A Paella if indeed its a good one with seafood is expensive to prepare and 19 euros sounds reasonable for a one person serving. If a restaurant in Palm Mar, or anywhere else for that matter can do it for 3.60 then , quite likely they've cooked a massive dish and ready to serve 20+ people. Back on the subject of Rest Margarita, I've always thought prices reasonable and drinks as well ,especially when you consider the great entertainment available. For anyone who'se never been and haven't seen:) Mikey Mike & IS, Tony Kay as Gary Barlow, Pip Brown as Michael Buble or Helena Campbell just to mention a few of the acts....then you don't know what you're missing !:)

lar
29-10-2014, 19:04
went this week good service all staff very pleasant food good had better for less but had much worse for more . all in all when somewhere is full most nights its got to be doing something right try it