PDA

View Full Version : Restaurants Overseas Chinese restaurant, Los Cristianos, Tenerife

Tom and Lesley
17-07-2011, 18:24
Probably the best Chinese in Tenerife. It is now located opposite the El Mirador, in the same block as the SPAR. They now also do Asian food and have Tapanyaki. They do a good takeaway but you have to collect it. We ate there 6 times in May/June 2011, wish that we had as good a restaurant back here in the UK.

Sal
17-07-2011, 18:31
Probably the best Chinese in Tenerife. It is now located opposite the El Mirador, in the same block as the SPAR. They now also do Asian food and have Tapanyaki. They do a good takeaway but you have to collect it. We ate there 6 times in May/June 2011, wish that we had as good a restaurant back here in the UK.

Is it really that good?
I must confess we didn't try it on our recent holiday as we are loyal to Chinese Resources (upstairs from Overseas). We have used our favourite restaurant for many years now and we always get good food and service and the owner always remembers us.

Maybe next year we will try Overseas!

Tom and Lesley
17-07-2011, 19:03
Yes, the Golden Resources upstairs is also excellent, another favourite of ours.

elaineandbonz
24-06-2012, 22:09
Have eaten at this restaurant many times, also in their old place. Food excellent, Tommy the owner, great host, very friendly. Shall be returning in July.

marbro8
24-06-2012, 22:18
only ever went once had a prawn chow mein and was violently ill for 5 day's don't know if it was what i ate or a bug but i have been to scared to try there again:dontknow:

elaineandbonz
24-06-2012, 22:25
Have to admit have always eaten there a couple of times each holiday, never had a problem. Be brave, give it another go!

marbro8
24-06-2012, 22:33
Have to admit have always eaten there a couple of times each holiday, never had a problem. Be brave, give it another go!i'm not that brave lol, i can honestly say i have never been that ill in my life i don't want to go into to much detail but i wasn't out of the bathroom for 3 days solid and spent the next 2 days in bed, and didn't really start my holiday till about 7 days into it and lost nearly a stone in weight, mind you that's not a bad thing:eyebrows:

johnr
25-09-2013, 14:08
I was there just last week, spring rolls, crispy duck, as good as ever. I will be back on Thursday evening - well that surely speaks volumes.
Have eaten at this restaurant many times, also in their old place. Food excellent, Tommy the owner, great host, very friendly. Shall be returning in July.

Jumpinjax
25-09-2013, 15:31
only ever went once had a prawn chow mein and was violently ill for 5 day's don't know if it was what i ate or a bug but i have been to scared to try there again:dontknow:

I loved the old Overseas restaurant , they were very welcoming and the food was excellent. Turned up many times after midnight and they were always pleased to accomodate.

Tried the new one last year and was very disapointed, thought the food was extremely salty (dried me up like a prune) I too wouldn't go again.

Golden Resources is quite good though

marbro8
25-09-2013, 17:03
I loved the old Overseas restaurant , they were very welcoming and the food was excellent. Turned up many times after midnight and they were always pleased to accomodate.

Tried the new one last year and was very disapointed, thought the food was extremely salty (dried me up like a prune) I too wouldn't go again.

Golden Resources is quite good thoughyes we always use golden resources now, we always flew with monarch until we got fed up with the delays, so didn't get into resort till late, so it was washed changed taylors and there, because it was one of only a few places that was still open for food at around midnight:)

BoPeep
25-09-2013, 17:09
Whereabouts is it? I'm not sure where el Mirador is!

marbro8
25-09-2013, 17:28
Whereabouts is it? I'm not sure where el Mirador is!do you know where the arona gran hotel is in los cris? well if you are walking from las americas along the sea front and you get to charlotts bar with the arona gran in front of you, turn left and walk past the arcade and shops, over the road and just keep walking up that steep hill past port royal complex and the revron, you come to another complex at the top called el mirador with about 10 bars and restaurants along there, shambles,the mongolian,oyster catcher,taylors lounge and bojangles at the end, just look accross the road and there is a shopping centre called cc passarella with manhattans bar above it, and golden resources is above that, and overseas is to the right of them both on the ground floor:)

BoPeep
25-09-2013, 17:49
Thanks very much, I know exactly where you are!

Will check it out when we get back in October, cant wait!

delderek
25-09-2013, 21:26
Dont think you mean Port Royale. It is Victoria court

marbro8
25-09-2013, 21:45
Dont think you mean Port Royale. It is Victoria courtyes victoria court cheers delderek:)

Red
15-10-2013, 23:25
I'd heard many good things about overseas so we went to give it a try (the new one) Have to say, it was nothing special at all for me. A lovely restaurant but didn't have me wanting to go back. Don't get me wrong, it was much better than anything I've eaten in Los cris but not in the same league as slow boat puerto colon or Khong Tsha Parque Santiago 3.

imablue
16-10-2013, 07:28
the 2 you mention are in my opinion the best in the south of Tenerife..

Red
16-10-2013, 15:11
Hello imablue,

We'll be over in November and be going up to puerto for a couple of nights. Do you know of a good Chinese up there? To be honest we go to the same 2 restaurants each time as we don't like to gamble with only 2 nights to play with, also there is a abundance of restaurants to try but on the off chance we feel like a Chinese.....always good to have a recommendation.

imablue
16-10-2013, 21:15
hi red , sorry i can,t help you on any Chinese in Puerto. Maybe our correspondent in La Paz..i.e....."Canarybird" maybe able to enlighten us all...!