PDA

View Full Version : Granadilla v CD Tenerife Thursday 21st July 2011

Fred Perry
18-07-2011, 00:49
Granadilla vs CD Tenerife
Thursday 21st July - kick off 8.30pm

CD Tenerife play their first match of the pre-season against southern Tenerife club UD Granadilla. Local one for us so letīs see if quite a few will make the short trip up there.

There is talk about a small scale bbq/beer meet up with the Frente before the game at the bbq zone just outside Granadilla town center on the left, at about 6pm ish. Everyone welcome. PM me if anyone needs lifts.

HERE WE GO! :crazy:

bonitatime
20-07-2011, 17:19
Have you seen a confirmed price for tickets?

Fred Perry
20-07-2011, 20:06
Confirmed no but I rang Granadilla up and they said between 8 to 10€. No way more than 10€. Infact they may give a discount for a group.

Fred Perry
22-07-2011, 00:36
RESULT
AT.GRANADILLA 2 CD TENERIFE 1

Tenerife were 2-0 down after 10 minutes due to some pathetic referreeing decisions but the game was just a trial for many players aftre just a few days of training. Tenerife came back stronger in the 2nd half and fielded their stronger 11, pulled a goal back and dominated. Although must be said that Granadilla enjoyed a few good efforts. Meaningless friendly but the 1000+ crowd would have brought a nice 10,000€ for Granadilla. Good little bbq before game as 30 of us met to eat German Sausage & drink beer!!

http://i56.tinypic.com/9izg1z.jpg

http://i52.tinypic.com/venhap.jpg

http://i53.tinypic.com/23h6152.jpg

http://i56.tinypic.com/w0i3hk.jpg

YOUNG GOLFER
22-07-2011, 11:23
Well have to say not a bad turn out and glad the money will help Granadilla.... i know it was a friendly and lot's of new players playing for the first time but that 1st half was rubbish...2nd half a lot better. Have to say Granadilla surprised me to how good they are as a team(good luck to them this year)

Think it's great the CDT play matches with the smaller teams here gives fans a chance to see the players up close and it also goes along way to helping the smaller clubs survive.

As for Heffalumpy never met a man moan so much about how cold it was lol.

Heffalumpy
23-07-2011, 00:12
as for heffalumpy never met a man moan so much about how cold it was lol.

if you had not of falling off your bike, you could cuddled me and kept me warm

Fred Perry
23-07-2011, 09:53
Donīt think you can read too much into this first friendly of the season, winning 5-0 or losing 5-0.
Most of our players are totally new and quite a few only days ago were unaware they would be coming to the Island. Typical first game, lots of chopping and changing whereas Granadilla had their settled team out(and remember they are only 1 league below us now!).

Summed it up really when during the game a woman trying to park her car into a small space outside the side of the stadium attracted the attention of our whole group of 50 people. That was more entertaining. Having said that some of the trickery & skill of little Josmar Zambrano is a joy to watch.

glostergirl
23-07-2011, 10:42
Well have to say not a bad turn out and glad the money will help Granadilla.... i know it was a friendly and lot's of new players playing for the first time but that 1st half was rubbish...2nd half a lot better. Have to say Granadilla surprised me to how good they are as a team(good luck to them this year)

Think it's great the CDT play matches with the smaller teams here gives fans a chance to see the players up close and it also goes along way to helping the smaller clubs survive.

As for Heffalumpy never met a man moan so much about how cold it was lol.

not sure if many of you know but granadilla have just won a cup in the season just ended! they are indeed a very good team well worth going to watch. my 16 year has been playing as goalkeeper for the junior teams for the last 5 years. nice friendly club for anyones child to join.

bonitatime
23-07-2011, 15:31
It was the Heliodoro cup they won against Marino in Los Cristianos. Played in the Heliodoro (CD Tenerife's stadium. For anyone who didn't know the stadium and the cup are named after an ex-player and ex-president of CD Tenerife.)