PDA

View Full Version : How do I upload pictures from my PC to the Tenerife Forum gallery?

Margaretta
03-06-2011, 15:13
I have photos on my Windows Vista Laptop PC in the file 'Pictures'. How do I upload them to the gallery? There seems to be no facility to do this. Similarly, I wanted to put one of my photos with a post and even though it was a thumbnail a 'URL??????' was wanted.

Could there please be a very simple, idiot-proof (for me) facility to upload photos for the gallery and to enliven a post?
Many thanks....if and when you have time.
Thank you.

Harmonicaman
03-06-2011, 16:53
I have photos on my Windows Vista Laptop PC in the file 'Pictures'. How do I upload them to the gallery? There seems to be no facility to do this. Similarly, I wanted to put one of my photos with a post and even though it was a thumbnail a 'URL??????' was wanted.

Could there please be a very simple, idiot-proof (for me) facility to upload photos for the gallery and to enliven a post?
Many thanks....if and when you have time.
Thank you.
Hi Margaretta. Go to "Albums", when it opens name your album and give it a description. Hit the "Save changes" button at the bottom. This will open a new box, hit "Upload photos", and that will open your "Manage Attachments" box, allowing you to upload photos from your computer.:)

Edit: To get past the "URL" only box, click on "Go Advanced" when you reply and use the paperclip icon. This will also open your "Manage Attachments" box.

slodgedad
03-06-2011, 19:08
Hi Margaretta. Go to "Albums", when it opens name your album and give it a description. Hit the "Save changes" button at the bottom. This will open a new box, hit "Upload photos", and that will open your "Manage Attachments" box, allowing you to upload photos from your computer.:)

Edit: To get past the "URL" only box, click on "Go Advanced" when you reply and use the paperclip icon. This will also open your "Manage Attachments" box.

I knew we could rely on HM for the answer..:eyebrows:..thread made sticky.

warbey
03-06-2011, 19:19
Hi Margaretta..
I think You need more Posts under Your Belt to qualify Album Status.
Its not a great Lot as I have just managed to get one on myself.
Hope this helps.....

Margaretta
03-06-2011, 19:41
Thank you Harmonicaman....that was very clear.
Warbey....I've just laughed out loud......OK I know you mean on the CURRENT Forum.:crylaughing: I've never been thought of as a rare contributor although it is probably wished that I were....:pray::fryingpan:;)

warbey
03-06-2011, 20:05
Thank you Harmonicaman....that was very clear.
Warbey....I've just laughed out loud......OK I know you mean on the CURRENT Forum.:crylaughing: I've never been thought of as a rare contributor although it is probably wished that I were....:pray::fryingpan:;)

Yes, with hindsight I too see the funny side......
Thing is, have You managed it yet..?

Glad to see You back.
One Month, must be a long Half Term Hun

Margaretta
03-06-2011, 20:53
[QUOTE=warbey;5940]Yes, with hindsight I too see the funny side......

Not yet....I'm pacing myself to follow Harmonicaman's instructions VERY SLOWLY........:p:doh::reading::eek: (Or do you mean: have I managed to be a rare contributor?:lol:)

Thanks for the good wishes; retired now and it's very odd after nearly 40 years of work!!

warbey
03-06-2011, 21:22
[QUOTE=warbey;5940]Yes, with hindsight I too see the funny side......

Not yet....I'm pacing myself to follow Harmonicaman's instructions VERY SLOWLY........:p:doh::reading::eek: (Or do you mean: have I managed to be a rare contributor?:lol:)

Thanks for the good wishes; retired now and it's very odd after nearly 40 years of work!!

I dont know how I ever found the time to go
Four grandkids to mind takes care of that.

A year on I bet Youre the same..
Glad to have You back though)

granny57
04-08-2011, 16:40
i found this very helpful as well ty :thanx:

Sal
04-08-2011, 17:32
Is it working?

Yes it is!!!