PDA

View Full Version : Server maintenance - Forum offline tonight, early Tuesday morning

Pooh
18-07-2011, 13:52
Due to hardware maintenance on the server the Forum is hosted on, the Forum will be unreachable for about an hour, sometime between 2 AM and 4 AM early tomorrow morning, Tuesday 19 July, 2011.

I hope it won't affect too many night owls. :D

junglejim
18-07-2011, 13:53
Thanks for warning - i wonīt get paranoid about no connection then !!

Jimandsi
18-07-2011, 13:57
Thanks for the warning Pooh.

There currently seems to be a lot bleating / whinging on here regarding the forum trolls.

Any chance you could instal some anti-troll software please ? :crylaughing:

TOTO 99
18-07-2011, 14:05

There currently seems to be a lot bleating / whinging on here regarding the forum trolls.

Just unplug your pc Jimbo, that should sort it out for us..:)

Malteser Monkey
18-07-2011, 14:06
Blimey What's Max going to do ?:whistle::eek::D

slodgedad
18-07-2011, 14:09
I might get some kip tonight then. :hole:

doreen
18-07-2011, 14:12

It would be nice if we could rid this forum of the nonsense that is going on behind our backs ... the ordinary, decent members on here would be appalled to learn of the skullduggery - I hope the organisers of it take note on their own Secret Forum :(

Malteser Monkey
18-07-2011, 14:14
skullduggery now there's a word Doreen, not heard that before !

AL JAY
18-07-2011, 14:15
While your at it Pooh could we have some more smiley's please...:whistle::censored::D

Malteser Monkey
18-07-2011, 14:22
Yes my cheeky smiley please - I have asked quite a few times now - please pretty please

Margaretta
18-07-2011, 14:49
Why on earth would anyone want to start a secret Forum? :confused: There's enough here to keep us all busy! Please tell if it's a nice secret....I LOVE surprises.:)

But if it's not nice, as Doreen implies, (unless she's taken up Piracy and is using nautical terms with the gorgeous Captain Jack Sparrow!:love::pray:...he's MINE!!!!) then I really don't want to know. Remember what happened to Guy Fawkes, Marie Antoinette and King Louis the something and maybe Lord HawHaw?
Can't think of any more traitors but I'm sure there won't be any here. The Forum is supposed to be fun and informative and the portcullis will descend before any who crosses the wrong bridge.:eek::bricks::knight::knight:
Gosh....getting all literal....back to reality and the vacuum cleaner! Grrrrr!:dishes::laundry:

Pooh
18-07-2011, 14:57
Smileys aren't really within my area of expertise :typing: ..I'll see what I can do, but won't promise anything. :o
It's difficult enough to keep up with all "must do's", both off the Forum and on. :crazy:

Malteser Monkey
18-07-2011, 14:57
Gordon Bennett can I have that in English Margaretta - it's only 3pm ! I'll re read that about 9pm ish;)

Margaretta
18-07-2011, 15:16
Sorry MM! Just before this I read the closed 'lurve' thread and was crying with laughter at the general wit....what a shame it has closed!
Frustrated I rambled on here. Doreen suggested that a Secret forum has started. I know nothing of this and really hope not, so kind of wittered on.........and on.....

Wasn't laughing at the poster or their job on the 'lurve' thread but it takes you a bit by surprise to suddenly read the first text, especially after 33 years of marriage, on a Monday, when it's raining and trying to get the dusting, vacuuming and washing done. I suppose that's a form of ....'lurve?'
Maybe a thread for 'Serious threads' as Obs and Oneleg and you sometimes, are dangerous opportunists....:crylaughing:
I love the banter. Keep it going. Shall sleep well tonight knowing all are forced to supress their humour until tomorrow. Then the EXPLOSION!!!:idea::lol:;)

Malteser Monkey
18-07-2011, 15:36
I'll have a read when I get home - just grab bit's and pieces at work !

Well as everyone who knows me - it's rare to catch me in a serious mood - and it's normally when I'm ill.

Thanks Margaretta

Suej
18-07-2011, 15:46
Gordon Bennett can I have that in English Margaretta - it's only 3pm ! I'll re read that about 9pm ish;)
Iīm with you on that Mm! Margaritta you swallowed a book hon?:D:D:D

Malteser Monkey
18-07-2011, 15:57
Iīm with you on that Mm! Margaritta you swallowed a book hon?:D:D:D

Well we were educated in the same place !:whistle:

Just read it Margaretta - yes funny !

Suej
18-07-2011, 16:18
Well we were educated in the same place !:whistle:

Just read it Margaretta - yes funny !

Donīt say a lot for our education eh?!:eek::teacher:

Malteser Monkey
18-07-2011, 16:20
Donīt say a lot for our education eh?!:eek::teacher:

Naaa it don't do it ?:crylaughing:

YOUNG GOLFER
18-07-2011, 16:38

Stop being a Troll if it bovvers you so much dear.

Jimandsi
18-07-2011, 19:02
Stop being a Troll if it bovvers you so much dear.

It really doesn't bother me one iota YG.

I happily accept the fact that forums are made up of many types of people. Thankfully, all with their unique way of expressing themselves to their fellow members. Some are quite clever, some not so bright. Some have humour in their threads / posts and some are pretty boring. However, I hope we all joined this forum for the same reason.

Blimey, 21 posts in this thread and 16 of them are totally off topic. :ban:

slodgedad
18-07-2011, 19:10
It really doesn't bother me one iota YG.

I happily accept the fact that forums are made up of many types of people. Thankfully, all with their unique way of expressing themselves to their fellow members. Some are quite clever, some not so bright. Some have humour in their threads / posts and some are pretty boring. However, I hope we all joined this forum for the same reason.

Blimey, 21 posts in this thread and 16 of them are totally off topic. :ban:

Me too, but reason seems to be in the eye of the beholder sometimes.

It does annoy me when members are scared to post anything, however innocent, because the same people jump on them.

Just enough to upset but not enough to be out of order.

Some very clever people about. I'd love to know what gives them the thrill..

slodgedad
18-07-2011, 19:12
PS.I know it's off topic but it was a way of bumping the info, and geting it off my chest

Jimandsi
18-07-2011, 19:19

It does annoy me when members are scared to post anything, however innocent, because the same people jump on them.

Maybe the forum T's and C's need reviewing / revising then ?

So long as they are fairly applied to ALL members EQUALLY.

slodgedad
18-07-2011, 19:24
Maybe the forum T's and C's need reviewing / revising then ?

So long as they are fairly applied to ALL members EQUALLY.

You may be right, Jim. But at the moment, while all the turmoil is being dealt with, we have to abide by the current T&Cs.

I deal with everyone equally, whoever they are. The only clique I am in is me, my wife and daughter.

When I had time to post more, seems an age ago now before my new duties, I think you'll remember that I was even handed with all.

slodgedad
18-07-2011, 19:26
You may be right, Jim. But at the moment, while all the turmoil is being dealt with, we have to abide by the current T&Cs.

I deal with everyone equally, whoever they are. The only clique I am in is me, my wife and daughter.

When I had time to post more, seems an age ago now before my new duties, I think you'll remember that I was even handed with all.

All this will probably get moved tomorrow, but at the moment the chat is serving a purpose. Hopefully everyone will have read the OP

onelegnofeet
18-07-2011, 19:29

I'd love to know what gives them the thrill..

Your right you should see how many tissues i go through ..................ooops wrong site !!!!

Thank you ,at least someone has taken the time to let us know about the shut down unlike in the past .Cheers ..............mind you 2 am 4 am is when i usually sleep ,now thats consideration !!!

Margaretta
18-07-2011, 19:42
A little bit of me is missing the old, naughty, pithy, what is he going to say next.... Jimandsi! You've become so.....human! Maybe I'll dream of you as you were, between 2a.m. and 4a.m.?

YOUNG GOLFER
18-07-2011, 19:44

I am not sure if thrill is the right word.....i think it's boredom in their own lives to try and upset others in theirs.

Boredom is a condition characterized by perception of one's environment as dull, tedious, and lacking in stimulation.

slodgedad
18-07-2011, 19:48
I am not sure if thrill is the right word.....i think it's boredom in their own lives to try and upset others in theirs.

Boredom is a condition characterized by perception of one's environment as dull, tedious, and lacking in stimulation.

Totally agree,Stu. Thanks for bumping,,,,:devil:

Suej
18-07-2011, 19:59
A little bit of me is missing the old, naughty, pithy, what is he going to say next.... Jimandsi! You've become so.....human! Maybe I'll dream of you as you were, between 2a.m. and 4a.m.?

You were lusting after Capīn Sparra earlier you little flirt you!:lol:

slodgedad
18-07-2011, 20:01
You were lusting after Capīn Sparra earlier you little flirt you!:lol:

We all remember Margie from TF Mk.1. Nothing changes...:kiss::hole::hole::hole::):)

Pooh
18-07-2011, 23:38
Just a shameless BUMP of this thread, to remind everyone that the Forum will go offline for a while a couple of hours from now... :)

slodgedad
19-07-2011, 00:21
Un otro bumpo

Pooh
19-07-2011, 04:08
This maintenance went well, and on schedule. Thank you for your patience. :)

onelegnofeet
19-07-2011, 08:04
Great its cleared up a slow posting time ,it got worse over the last few days,Cheers ..............but a few members wont be thanking you for doing that FOR ME !!!!

Malteser Monkey
19-07-2011, 08:46

Well when you have time I will share it with you:raspberry:;)

Un otro bumpo

Oooo errr missus, you askin':spin:

Jackie
19-07-2011, 09:24
Great its cleared up a slow posting time ,it got worse over the last few days,Cheers ..............but a few members wont be thanking you for doing that FOR ME !!!!

Wish it could be done for me, mine has really really slowed down since the maintenance but was fine before :(

onelegnofeet
19-07-2011, 10:11
Wish it could be done for me, mine has really really slowed down since the maintenance but was fine before :(

All i can say to you Jackie is ..............Thanks for the gift !!!:eyebrows::eyebrows: