PDA

View Full Version : Charity Notice Request from Cats Welfare.

Cat Woman
19-07-2011, 09:59
Hi,
PLEASE have a look on our Website on the Home Page. (www.cats-welfare-tenerife.com)
I have put an urgent request. :pray:

We have found a Colony of 40+ cats and kittens. They live in some empty buildings with squatters who are feeding them, but they are breeding and many are sick. I brought 6 sick kittens home with me, their eyes were stuck shut, Ive bathed them and they are half open. Yellow puss came out of their swollen eyes. They have had special kitten formula milk and are now asleep. The females are thin and exhausted from have so many litters of kittens. The cats need neutering and some need vetinary treatment. We use 4 vets who are wonderful and do everything at a discount, but it is still going to be expensive and we just dont have the money. PLEASE could you find it in your hearts and 'pockets' to help us? We will put regular updates on to let you know how we are doing. We will be able to home most of the kittens. Thank you so much in advance. You can donate through Pay Pal or direct into Cats Welfare Bank Account.

Thank you in advance.
Sharon. :)

Suej
19-07-2011, 10:38
Hi,
PLEASE have a look on our Website
www.cats-welfare-tenerife.com on the Home Page.
I have put an urgent request. :pray:
Thank you in advance.

Will sort something out today Sharon! Good luck!

Cat Woman
19-07-2011, 17:56
Thank you to the very kind people who have made a Donation through Pay Pal.:D
We have enough money to neuter 2 females up to now!:cheer:
We have two very wild cats to catch at the Golf tomorrow, if we manage to catch them with time to spare and the vets have spare slots, (they usually do) we will make a start on the 40+ Cats. It does depend on how long it takes to catch the two at the Golf. Some days they literally walk in the trap and some days it takes 8 hours to catch one cat! If we have another lovely cloudy day it will be easier.
PS: Theres now enough for 3 females!!::flower:
PPS: We are now up to 4 Females & half a Male!!;)
PPPS: 6 Females and 1 Male.:D
PPPPS: We're up to 9 Females,.:jumping:
PPPPS: We are now up to 12 Females & 2 Males Thanks to an extremely generous donater.:cheer:

caroletenerife
19-07-2011, 18:47
Great news Sharon, if you need a hand catching the 40 plus, i can help after 5pm when i shut the shop, let me know x

Cat Woman
19-07-2011, 22:46
Great news Sharon, if you need a hand catching the 40 plus, i can help after 5pm when i shut the shop, let me know x
Thank you. They shouldnt been too hard to catch as they are more frightened than wild. I'll call into see you this week, I'll sort out some carrier bags for you. Sharon.:)

Cat Woman
20-07-2011, 18:12
I want to thank the following people for their kind Donations towards the 40+ Cats & Kittens near the Gran Sur in Torviscas. We are going to make a start on them on Monday. We have enough money for 12 cats so far.:flower:
Marion 'Goforgold'
Sue 'Suej'
Vivian 'Red Devil'
'Carol & Steve'
Debbie Triscott 'Debbie'
Jim Ramsey: Channel 4 Director!!:D
Triff Skepelhorn: Company Director, Dorset.
Theres also:
A Lady from York. UK.
An English Marketing Company.
A Business Lady from Middlesex.
Sharon. xx :)

Goforgold
20-07-2011, 18:28
I want to thank the following people for their kind Donations towards the 40+ Cats & Kittens near the Gran Sur in Torviscas. We are going to make a start on them on Monday. We have enough money for 7 cats so far.:flower:
Marion 'Goforgold'
Sue 'Suej'
Vivian 'Red Devil'
'Carol & Steve'
Theres also a lady from the UK and an English Marketing Company. Ive asked them if I can put their name on the Forum to thank them publicly but they havent got back to me yet.
Sharon. xx :)

That's great news Sharon, but there are still 33 + more to do. ....................

Suej
20-07-2011, 19:08
Itīs very quiet at the mo, lots of people on their Hols....I hope a few more will donate Sharon so you can reach your target!:D

caroletenerife
20-07-2011, 19:13
I know what you mean, sometimes in the shop I worry that we are not busy enough, we need this much money but we only have that much money etc. you need to take each day as it comes and try your best. 6 females means a lot less kittens in one year, and even that one randy little Tom who could cause all sorts of mischief in a year makes a difference.

I dont think any animal welfare organisation in Tenerife will ever win the war, you have just got to face every little battle best you can x

carol & steve
21-07-2011, 00:38
Hope you are managing to get some sleep Sharon in between all your feeding times!!:spin:

Cat Woman
22-07-2011, 18:19
Hope you are managing to get some sleep Sharon in between all your feeding times!!:spin:

Thanks, Im managing to get some sleep and I try and have a Siesta for an hour when I can.
I could do with some more foster mums & dads for the little kittens.
Any volunteers? I will supply every thing.
Sharon.:)

Suej
22-07-2011, 18:44
If anyone out there could spare even a few euros for Sharon and this worthy cause please help now it would be a massive help towards reducing the numbers of stray and wild cats on the Island, This is sharonīs main aim but she does need as much help as we can give!:pray::pray::pray:
Thanks!

Still no cat smilies :cry:

Goforgold
23-07-2011, 07:38
Thanks, Im managing to get some sleep and I try and have a Siesta for an hour when I can.
I could do with some more foster mums & dads for the little kittens.
Any volunteers? I will supply every thing.
Sharon.:)

I hope you've had some volunteers Sharon - you could do with some sleep zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Cat Woman
24-07-2011, 16:58
I hope you've had some volunteers Sharon - you could do with some sleep zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No one extra, just Dawn (Taffy) :(:cry:
Dawn is Brilliant!

Cat Woman
25-07-2011, 21:26
We caught 2 adult female cats from near the Gran Sur today, both are booked in the vets in the morning. We also caught 3 lovely kittens, they are about 6 weeks old. They are tame but just a bit frightened. They are being fostered by Dawn (Taffy) who has been absolutely wonderful. The last 4 kittens Dawn fostered have now all been homed. Dawn is such a brilliant help, we could do with more like her.
We will go back tomorrow for another two.
PS: Can we have the old smilies back please? we miss the cat ones.

Cat Woman
26-07-2011, 17:15
Our request for help is going well, we now have enough money to have 12 females and 2 males neutered. Jim Ramsey who is a Channel 4 Director made a very generous donation. We met him through a lovely man we met whilst out cat catching. We've made lots of brilliant contacts, all whilst out catching cats!
Sharon & Wendi. :)

Added after 2 Hours 59 minutes:

Hi,
We got 3 female cats and 1 female kitten today. The kitten is a beautiful long haired Siamese about 3 months old, I got her a home straight away and she will be neutered in a couple of months.
We also caught an adult Siamese, shes about 2 years old and looks like shes had a few litters of kittens, shes very beautiful with bright blue eyes, she will eventually go to Germany.
The other two are a young black one and a white and grey one.
Most of the cats are quite soft so we are able to concerntrate on the females first.
We've still got a long way to go, its going to cost about 1,200 euros to sort all the cats out. So if anyone else out there could please make a donation,:pray: however small, it all ads up and we and the cats of Tenerife would be extremely greatful.
One cat can be responsible for 21,000 offspring during a 7 year period. So we are stopping a lot of kittens being born and preventing a lot of suffering.
Which means the ones already here and neutered will have a better quality of life.
Thanks everyone for your support.
Sharon & Wendi. xx :)

carol & steve
27-07-2011, 00:07
Hope you are managing to get a few donations Sharon to enable you to keep up the great work you & Wendi and all your helpers are doing.:crossfingers:

Cat Woman
27-07-2011, 13:16
Hope you are managing to get a few donations Sharon to enable you to keep up the great work you & Wendi and all your helpers are doing.:crossfingers:

Thanks, we really need more donations.
We dont have any helpers, its just myself and my sister Wendi. Caroletenerife offered to help catch the 40+ cats and we are very grateful for her offer, but we are ok with them as most of them are friendly. Catching the last few will be harder as theres a few wild ones amongst them. I know Caroletenerife would help if we needed her, she also offered to help on the Tombola stall on the market, I think shes got enough on working in the San Eugenio Live Arico Shop.
Dawn (Taffy) is fostering 3 kittens and Gracylacey is fostering 2 tiny ones, Im going up today with them, hopefully her wonderful cat Tiggy will let them feed off her.
When the German vets came over last time we had lots of people offering to help, one particular person on here who volunteered (I wont name names, but they know who they are) lost their phone for the week the vets were over, then found it on the last day! When the UK vets came over someone (from here) offered to catch the cats at a particular place all week, they didnt answer their phone until the vets had gone home! DJD tred to contact both of them all week.:wall:
Catching cats is hot, tiring & fustrating. Somes days we catch one every few minutes, other days it can take up to 8 hours to catch one cat! We've also been scratched & bitten and have the scars to prove it! We've had our jabs. We also get Spanish people screaming and threatening us.
Its not easy and some days we are in tears with the sights we see.:cry:
Our mission is to get as many cats neutered as possible to stop the kittens being born and then dying a slow agonising death when their dead mother is lying beside them:cry: because shes so weak after having so many litters of kittens. We also find poisened cats and some of them arent quite dead.:cry: I asked the vet for some injections so I can put them out of their misery, but they wont because Im not a vet, so we rush them to the nearest vet and they put them to sleep.:cry:
Sharon.:(

YOUNG GOLFER
27-07-2011, 16:41
Well Sharon i know it can be hard work what you and DJD do and others................. i was in some place the other day a little bit out of town....and had a little smile on my face when i noticed a cat and little bit of it's ear cut off.

You guys might not be able to sort out the BIG problem here with cats as there are many.....but its nice to know you guys are making a difference.....and it shows.

Cat Woman
05-08-2011, 23:07
Ive been off line for a week due to computer problems and too busy to go to an Internet cafe.
Back up and running now thanks to Simon Hyde!
We've now had 17 cats neutered and removed 12 kittens from the Gran Sur. Theres a few more cats to have done, mainly males, which are now not so easy to catch, but we will get them.
They are getting used to us. We should have them all in the next week or so.
Some kittens have been re homed, some are being fostered and we have a few we are looking after until we can home them. Four adult cats have been re homed.
Then we are going to make a start at the cats at the Esmarelda hotel 'caroletenerife' has told me about.
Its never ending, but every cat we have neutered makes a difference.

caroletenerife
30-01-2012, 19:16
Hi Sharon, thanks for your donation for the shop today. After you left a lady left a very nice donation for you and two cat carriers (she cant get to the market), could you pick them up when you have time.