PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever suffered with Xanthoma?

sunspot
03-06-2011, 17:38
Has anyone had this or know someone whos got it,i know its Cholesterol deposits but how do you get them removed?

onelegnofeet
03-06-2011, 19:36
Read your post sunspot and saw this ,hope the link works .
www.nim.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001447.html

If not type treatment for xanthoma into your search engine and look for this site

slodgedad
03-06-2011, 19:43
Have a look HERE (http://health.yahoo.net/channel/xanthoma_treatments), Chris and follow the links

sunspot
03-06-2011, 19:48
Thankyou,i am taking cholestrol tablets but they have not made any difference,if it was anywhere else on the body i would not care but on your eyelids is not at all nice,cant hide behide sunglasses all the time

onelegnofeet
03-06-2011, 19:50
It says it can be treated with Lipid Lowering Tablets and/or surgery

sunspot
03-06-2011, 19:54
It says it can be treated with Lipid Lowering Tablets and/or surgery

I will push the doctor a little this week for more effective treatment,i have read laser surgery works for a while but its not permenant.................someone on one of the searches i did said Wart remover but its too near the eyes i would not risk that

Pooch and Mutt
03-06-2011, 20:34
Thankyou,i am taking cholestrol tablets but they have not made any difference,if it was anywhere else on the body i would not care but on your eyelids is not at all nice,cant hide behide sunglasses all the time

i mean this very seriously, do yourself a big favour, get to the doctors or your nearest hospital as soon as you can.
I just done a search on google and the results show that Xanthoma is an asian form of avian flu , commonly known as **** rot.

sunspot
03-06-2011, 20:45
i mean this very seriously, do yourself a big favour, get to the doctors or your nearest hospital as soon as you can.
I just done a search on google and the results show that Xanthoma is an asian form of avian flu , commonly known as **** rot.

Im gone.............................................. .....to todays posts