PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone give advice about Disabled Persons Holiday Insurance for Tenerife?

NEWKYGLYN
20-07-2011, 13:02
Can anyone give me some pointers for holiday insurance for my disabled husband? He had a left leg amputation in January, and although he has no other health problems, I am finding it hard to find a reasonably priced company, or one who will insure him at all! We are traveling to Tenerife for 3 weeks at the end of august. Many thanks in anticipation, i know how good this forum is with coming up with a solution!!!

tracey
20-07-2011, 13:19
Try these. Have a great holiday
http://www.disabledaccessholidays.com/Health_Travel_Insurance_For_disabled_People.asp

onelegnofeet
20-07-2011, 14:33
NewkyGlyn,firstly welcome hope you find everything you are looking for on the forum .

Firstly so i am not so long winded and bore you and everyone else (i normally do,but i usually think sod em !!! )

1 have you already booked your accomodation if so hotel name and tour operator
2 Do you know about welfare /medical seating for the plane ,you may not being a recent amputee ( i mean your OH )
3 You may need extra baggage alowance if he needs to take a spare limb and or shower/bath leg
4 will he need help at the airports ,dont feel embarassed if you do help is there if needed
you may think i am nosey (Yes Very !!) but i can help you sort through this and advise ,not sure though with low posts if you can PM (Private Message ) maybe someone can advise PLEASE!.Or if you feel happy i have no problems posting the info on the forum .In the mean time heres a few insurers that maybe able to help

ww.Allclear.Com
www.Ageconcern.com ( dont rule them out even if your young )

Also should your holiday be through Thompson /first choice they have a insurers called Mondial but you cant use these unless you book through that particular Tour Company .

Hope this helps and if i can help further just ask

Zara
20-07-2011, 15:07
Hi Newkyglyn - Welcome to the forum. I do hope you can receive PMs as I cannot think of a better person to advise in your situation than Oneleg. He should however change his username as the original is outdated - follow my meaning? but despite that he still manages to get around all the holiday resorts. He is rarely serious except when helping fellow amputees - I have even known him help a young 10 year old get accustomed although it did involve lashings of pink nail polish :idea:

onelegnofeet
20-07-2011, 15:14
Hi Newkyglyn - Welcome to the forum. I do hope you can receive PMs as I cannot think of a better person to advise in your situation than Oneleg. He should however change his username as the original is outdated - follow my meaning? but despite that he still manages to get around all the holiday resorts. He is rarely serious except when helping fellow amputees - I have even known him help a young 10 year old get accustomed although it did involve lashings of pink nail polish :idea:

Yes and i still cant wear openen toe sandals ,well i could but YG in his pink lycra shorts would chase me .........not that he needs an excuse .
Yes maybe i should change my user name ............Nexttopmodelabsolutelygorgeous !!!vote now please .

Really just ..........................BUMPING the thread

NEWKYGLYN
20-07-2011, 22:46
Thank you for the replies!! I am not really a new member, I used to come on here a lot, although not a very prolific poster. I seem to have a new join date since the forum changed? We actually lived in Tenerife for 7 years up until last october, so i have no qualms at all about our accomodation, and we have booked Orange Bus for our return airport transfers as there are 4 of us traveling, and anything else we may need to hire. I have contacted the airline with details of the extras we will be taking, it is just the holiday insurance that I am trying to sort through. I will try the ones you have suggested, and let you know how i get on. I cannot tell you all how much we are looking forward to coming back to Tenerife, ......our lives may have changed in the last 9 months, but our love for Tenerife will never change. Our flights are with jet2, and we stay in San Eugenio area. Our family used to stay in the same apartment , so we are very familiar with it, and certain hubby can be happy and safe there. He can walk with his leg, and walking sticks, and we have another 5 weeks to practice, so he can at least get to the bar!! LOL.xx

onelegnofeet
20-07-2011, 22:59
Hi ,anything as said i can help you with just ask .
Yes he may be able to get to the bar but dont let him kid you he cant hold is sticks and get his wallet out !!!lol

NEWKYGLYN
17-08-2011, 09:09
Just to update everyone, we now have our holiday insurance through a company called Medici Insurance. It has detailed medical conditions and clauses and an easy online step by step form top complete. The price for my husband is really reasonable, they give you an instant quote, and the email confirmation to print off comes soon after it is booked. They also do joint quotes. Thankyou for the help and suggestions. Onelegnofeet also recommended a product called DriClor, which we have purchased, its like a deoderant stick which hubby can put on his baby leg, and prevent sweating, I am hoping it is put to much use when we arrive on saturday!!! Thanks again, we are all packed and raring to go!!!! :spin:

onelegnofeet
17-08-2011, 11:56
Glad your sorted ,and its nice to get an update .Have a fantastic time