PDA

View Full Version : Business Chat New business ideas for Tenerife

Funky Monkey
20-07-2011, 14:08
We are planning (well, at the moment, it's just 'hoping') to move to Tenerife in a couple of years. Prob around Callao.

We're not at retirement age, and so want/need some sort of business .. does anyone have any suggestions about what is lacking / what would work with both locals and tourists - so all year round really ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

CIM
20-07-2011, 14:17
Have you considered an online business?
Lower overheads, doesn't have to be limited to Tenerife etc

tonypub
20-07-2011, 14:24
We are planning (well, at the moment, it's just 'hoping') to move to Tenerife in a couple of years. Prob around Callao.

We're not at retirement age, and so want/need some sort of business .. does anyone have any suggestions about what is lacking / what would work with both locals and tourists - so all year round really ?

Thanks in advance for your help.if whats lacking gets posted on here,for sure it wont be lacking in 2 years time.but good luck anyway.a primark would go down a treat with ladies

Loaded
20-07-2011, 15:45
Well most people either open a bar or clean people's apartments - you don't want to change the stereotype of the expat entrepreneur too much ! Lol

Seriously though, Here's a great one for you: ink cartridge refills.

atlantico
20-07-2011, 15:53
or a bottled water delivery round

onelegnofeet
20-07-2011, 15:56
Estate Agents ..............they are doing well

GREGGS PIES .............................steak bakes especially for most forum members ,apparently

Zara
20-07-2011, 16:05
Dog poop cleaner upper - would the council pay for that??? I would also second the Greggs pies :hungry:

onelegnofeet
20-07-2011, 16:06
Dog poop cleaner upper - would the council pay for that??? I would also second the Greggs pies :hungry:

What before or after the pick up ????

tracey
20-07-2011, 16:14
Great idea

onelegnofeet
20-07-2011, 16:18
Milk Maps for Mercadonnas ..................................i'd buy one !!

CIM
20-07-2011, 16:20
Estate Agents ..............they are doing well
Some of us are yes!
What about a recruitment company? On second thoughts...

onelegnofeet
20-07-2011, 16:24
Some of us are yes!

Thats why i said it !:confused:

What about a recruitment company? On second thoughts...

I thought the Forum was growing at a fare pace ..............!!!!LOL

Pooh
20-07-2011, 16:32
Have you considered an online business?
Lower overheads, doesn't have to be limited to Tenerife etc

Online business is definitely a great option, for those who can find a good niche and are able to pull it off... For me, it's meant the freedom of being able to live wherever I want, Tenerife or elsewhere... ;)

If you get a great tip of a business idea for an online business you'll have to move fast to realize it though, or someone else will do it...

CIM
20-07-2011, 16:35
Its where it´s all happening these days. If you can dominate Google for something, its hard to fail. You "only"have to beat whoever´s at number one - do what they are doing but do it better.

cainaries
20-07-2011, 16:37
A milk float, perhaps?
(Can you get fresh cream in Tenerife? Can't get it here on La Palma and it's something the expats moan about).

teno
20-07-2011, 18:29
Online business is definitely a great option, for those who can find a good niche and are able to pull it off... For me, it's meant the freedom of being able to live wherever I want, Tenerife or elsewhere... ;)

If you get a great tip of a business idea for an online business you'll have to move fast to realize it though, or someone else will do it...

I am in one of the best online businesses going -in video technology which is 'the' business to be in. You only need to see how Facebook have just launched video chat facilities, and huge companies such as Coca Cola, McD etc are switching from TV advertising to video marketing. My business also brands local businesses with their own live streaming advertising, and can, as the quote stated, be run from anywhere in the world.
Even better is the fact that the Canaries are forging ahead technologically.
No, this isn't advertising a position, but if anyone's interest is piqued then pm me.

Jimandsi
20-07-2011, 19:18
I think a "Pay As You Go" Samaritans Service would certainly be well used in Tenerife.

marbro8
20-07-2011, 20:21
Dog poop cleaner upper - would the council pay for that??? I would also second the Greggs pies :hungry: actualy zara i was thinking the same thing, over here we have those little things that look like golf buggies and they go around sweeping the streets, and with most of tenerife being covered with those (what looks like white tiles) it would be so easy to clean, so if you could get together with the local council and the supplier of those machines you could start importing them(with a small profit built in):eyebrows: also how about contacting greggs and asking if they would sell you a franchise to open a branch in las americas? they supply all the food and equipment and you supply the staff,i am sure they would be up for it,because at the end of the day they would be making money!! and it has worked with macdonalds:spin:

tonypub
20-07-2011, 20:36
ive just had an :idea:

Jimandsi
20-07-2011, 22:02
Its where it´s all happening these days. If you can dominate Google for something, its hard to fail. You "only"have to beat whoever´s at number one - do what they are doing but do it better.

That's odd - I've just done a search on Google for "Buy a Tenerife Property bargain" (like what it says in your signature) and your business doesn't get a mention. :lol: :crylaughing: :hat:

marbro8
20-07-2011, 22:11
i have just e-mailed greggs asking about the possibilities of opening a franchise in las americas so will let you know what feedback i get:pray:

9PLUS
20-07-2011, 22:11
Bush trimming

x

Jackie
20-07-2011, 22:12
As Tony says, anyone with a new business idea for Tenerife would be stupid to share it with anyone until they have tried and tested it themselves. So Funky Monkey if you do have a brain wave and come up with any half decent business ideas do not even share it with your closest friend, not if they live in Tenerife anyway;).

I still have my business idea for Tenerife which I actually had before I moved here, and still to this day there is not one on the ANY of the Canary Islands, damn if only I had won the Euro millions:spin:

Pooh
20-07-2011, 22:14
That's odd - I've just done a search on Google for "Buy a Tenerife Property bargain" (like what it says in your signature) and your business doesn't get a mention. :lol: :crylaughing: :hat:

CIM's site is on the #4 spot. You probably just need glasses...

And a positive mind. :D

(Using quotes around the phrase only gives results for threads here at the Forum - the threads CIM has posted in...)

Vortex Wake
20-07-2011, 22:15

http://www.google.com/m?hl=en&gl=gb&client=ms-android-tmobile-gb&source=android-launcher-widget&action=devloc&q=tenerife+estate+agents

CIM
20-07-2011, 22:27
Originally Posted by Jimandsi
http://www.google.com/m?hl=en&gl=gb&client=ms-android-tmobile-gb&source=android-launcher-widget&action=devloc&q=tenerife+estate+agents

I know... he is wrong on so many levels I dont know where to begin! I was second for that phrase when I checked just now. It is a broad long tail anyways so not exactly something you would actively target...

That aside, the fact that Jimandsi goes out of his way to criticise the businesses of people on this forum (people he does not know and has never met) knowing and hoping that his nasty remarks could damage their business and income, well I actually find that quite sickening. Its not "a laugh" and its not "banter" with "Jim...."

tracey_in_tenerife
20-07-2011, 22:42
Milk Maps for Mercadonnas ..................................i'd buy one !!

What an excellent idea :doh::doh:

Maybe its just you who cant find the milk in the mercadona, maybe a new thread needs starting lol

CIM
20-07-2011, 22:57
Car valeting?
Maybe wrong but I dont see many of these around or advertised. Came across one recently in the car park of CC Fanabe Plaza. Car cleaned very well outside and immaculately valeted inside - 15€! I was very impressed. Taking it in every month now.

timmylish
21-07-2011, 00:41
Car valeting?
Maybe wrong but I dont see many of these around or advertised. Came across one recently in the car park of CC Fanabe Plaza. Car cleaned very well outside and immaculately valeted inside - 15€! I was very impressed. Taking it in every month now.

When I recently tried to get the Fiesta a good shine it was like seeking the proverbial ' the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow"
Ended up having to do it ourselves but I,m not as fit as I used to be so I was not really happy with the outcome so I rather suspect that any really good valeting services will only but succeed!

kieraj
21-07-2011, 01:12

oh for gods sake jog on and stop slating people on this forum, it is getting a wee bit boring reading your negative posts, it may be tongue in cheek but new members could be put off posting anything here x

Andy0210
21-07-2011, 01:14
do not even share it with your closest friend, not if they live in Tenerife anyway;).

Especially if they live in Tenerife! ;)

doreen
21-07-2011, 07:39
Car valeting?

Many CC underground car parks have these - would have thought the market was well served.

There is a major Franchise Fair in Madrid each May - lot of mainland firms looking for representatives in the Canaries :)

atlantico
21-07-2011, 10:38
CIM, googled the phrase and you're No 2 - numero dos - SECOND on the page !

So Jimbo has actually HELPED you as more people have been googling the phrase and pushed yours further up the page.

I think you owe him a pint, . . . . . . . . in his bar !

bonitatime
21-07-2011, 11:58
Car valeting?

This is so sad I work in CC Fañabe plaza and didn't even know they were there but I will be taking my car down soon.

fonica
21-07-2011, 13:03
I know... he is wrong on so many levels I dont know where to begin! I was second for that phrase when I checked just now. It is a broad long tail anyways so not exactly something you would actively target...

That aside, the fact that JimtheSnide goes out of his way to criticise the businesses of people on this forum (people he does not know and has never met) knowing and hoping that his nasty remarks could damage their business and income, well I actually find that quite sickening. Its not "a laugh" and its not "banter" with "Jim...."

You should feel sorry for him,such a sad, negative miserable person needs some help.Perhaps we couls start a cheer JIMANDSI post!!!!!

walkerj3
21-07-2011, 13:58
english newspaper delivery round

CIM
21-07-2011, 15:05
english newspaper delivery round
I thought about that one - if people would pay to have their paper deliverd. But brings back nightmares of my own paper round which started at the top of a massive hill!

Tom & Sharon
21-07-2011, 15:41
Car valeting?

How about a windscreen wiper motor replacement service,it would keep Autoglass in business for years to come!!!............:idea:

Tom:ashamed:

jas
22-07-2011, 07:57
there is no dip and strip on the island (Keep it clean, please) to my knowledge. The last one, in Tijoco Bajo, retired some time ago.

Since 90% of all furniture on the island is pine - could someone please open one up - i will be your first customer!!!!

Goforgold
22-07-2011, 08:06
there is no dip and strip on the island (Keep it clean, please) to my knowledge. The last one, in Tijoco Bajo, retired some time ago.

Since 90% of all furniture on the island is pine - could someone please open one up - i will be your first customer!!!!

What is dip and strip ???

Leam_Lin
22-07-2011, 08:11
What is dip and strip ???

Not what your thinking of GFG.

A bit like a bath, big enough to take ie doors, fill the bath with a chemical solution? & put door in leave a while & the chemicals take all the paint off.

CIM
22-07-2011, 08:39
Windscreen repair and paint chip repair?
There are a few franchises for this in the UK where they come out to you and repair cracks in your windscreen. This combined with a "T-cut" service for polishing out scrapes and knocks. You´d certainly have a big client base!

Zara
22-07-2011, 09:09
Windscreen repair and paint chip repair?
There are a few franchises for this in the UK where they come out to you and repair cracks in your windscreen. This combined with a "T-cut" service for polishing out scrapes and knocks. You´d certainly have a big client base!

CIM you obviously care about your car a lot (I used to be the same in the UK) but from what I see the majority of the cars on the island are scraped, bumped and bashed - 3 of the 4 corners on our bumpers have suffered, two while we weren't around but the car was parked on the street and 1 when the person behind didn't stop as he was on his mobile!! What can you do but shrug, get it repaired it will happen again. Easier to leave it and blend in :crazy:

Goforgold
22-07-2011, 09:22
Not what your thinking of GFG.

A bit like a bath, big enough to take ie doors, fill the bath with a chemical solution? & put door in leave a while & the chemicals take all the paint off.

Too early in the morning to have thoughts like that LeamL. :)

marbro8
22-07-2011, 20:17
CIM you obviously care about your car a lot (I used to be the same in the UK) but from what I see the majority of the cars on the island are scraped, bumped and bashed - 3 of the 4 corners on our bumpers have suffered, two while we weren't around but the car was parked on the street and 1 when the person behind didn't stop as he was on his mobile!! What can you do but shrug, get it repaired it will happen again. Easier to leave it and blend in :crazy:ha ha sound like you would be better off traveling by donkey!! BACK OFF REGGIE:eyebrows:

MaxineC
22-07-2011, 21:47

There's already a couple of those, and another company knocked on our day only last week asking if we wanted our water supplied by them...

Lee_K_00
22-07-2011, 22:44
How do you go about getting a licence to control the sunbeds on beaches and things like that? Or a licence to place something in a public area?

doreen
22-07-2011, 22:55
How do you go about getting a licence to control the sunbeds on beaches and things like that? Or a licence to place something in a public area?

Rights to various parts of the beach are auctioned off - next one coming up will be hotly contested and probably have an initial cost of 100-150k along with annual rental

Loaded
22-07-2011, 23:01
Los cris beach?

Lee_K_00
22-07-2011, 23:01
Any beach really, or if not on the beach then just behind it on the pathway? What about if it was something small like size of a stall where you might buy newspapers from?

junglejim
23-07-2011, 06:47
Any beach really, or if not on the beach then just behind it on the pathway? What about if it was something small like size of a stall where you might buy newspapers from?

There is an empty Kiosko on Fañabe Beach for this - has been vacant for over 18months . I´m surprised because it´s a busy walkway with plenty of passing trade .

Lee_K_00
23-07-2011, 18:34
Can't recall seeing it but will keep an eye out! Where is it next to?

tonypub
23-07-2011, 19:21
Can't recall seeing it but will keep an eye out! Where is it next to?the beach,,,,

Tom
23-07-2011, 21:23
Bush trimming

x

What would you choose - electric or petrol strimmer ?
Some of them bushes i have seen at pdla seem quite thick.

Sundowner
23-07-2011, 22:06
What would you choose - electric or petrol strimmer ?
Some of them bushes i have seen at pdla seem quite thick.

Keep this clean............. we don't want to know about your private life :)