PDA

View Full Version : We want to topup our Vodafone USB Modem

emmess
20-07-2011, 18:49
Wonder if anyone can help. We have a Vodafone USB modem which we used to top up at the Vodafone shop in Los Cristianos. Since this has closed down, I've been trying to work out how to top it back up online - I think I used to pay about 50 euros for unlimited usage for a month. If I'm reading it correctly, I think that Vodafone are offering a new modem for 39 euros with 1gb of usage over a 3 month period - with free delivery. If that's the case, I would order one of those so that it's in Tenerife when we arrive next Wednesday.

Can anyone confirm whether or not that's the case? This is the link for the page on Vodafone's website:

http://tienda.vodafone.es/do/catalogo/comprar/modemtarjeta?p=e1e63e071c0d4e45974a38c2b0cff8c5

junglejim
20-07-2011, 19:15
I tried this before when I had a Vodaphone dongle but they would only accept Spanish CCīs . Some of the Vodaphone shops will top it up for you , I used the one in El Camison , Also my mate uses A1 computers in San Eugenio Shopping Centre for his , donīt know if any computer shops in LC do the same ?

emmess
20-07-2011, 19:21
vodafone used to have a shop in Los Cris, but it's closed. I've got a Spanish debit card so could buy it using that, I can't top up my existing dongle because it's in the apartment and I don't know it's number, plus the new one to buy looks cheaper.

emmess
21-07-2011, 21:12
:ashamed::cry::cry: Unashamed bump here. Please someone take pity on me and give their opinion on whether Vodafona are really offering a 39 euro, 1gb for 4 month USM modem (internet dongle) - see link in post one.

Was very proud and showed hubby today on t'internet (which I'd cleverly translated from google) and he said, "yeah, we need to look into it first" I told him with my bottom lip firmly out that I'd spent 2 days looking at it, and asked you lot for opinions - he wasn't convinced. I REALLY want to order one if I could be convinced that I'm right.

Come on you lot! I know you're all really opinionated - prove me right please :spin:

tizzywizzy
21-07-2011, 21:23
Sorry can't help i don't speak spanish

bob.lydon
21-07-2011, 21:31
When we come over we use the guy who has the shop in the Arona Gran, he's very helpfull ....hope this helps.

Bob

carstev
22-07-2011, 12:43
I find that the orange bono deal is better value. The dongle costs you 29.00 € and then it is 35€ per month top up for unlimited usage. It is far cheaper than the voda unlimited and gives you more MB download before your speed is capped. Always best to check signal strength in you area though..

emmess
22-07-2011, 13:06
Thanks every one - carstev - I've looked at the Orange one, but I only need it for one month, probably didn't make that clear. Tizzywizzy - if you download google chrome for your computer, then use that instead of internet explorer, everytime you visit a Spanish website, Chrome asks if you want it translating from spanish to english. If you say yes it translates every page you go on. It's brilliant and makes you look really clever!!

lord_cheeseman
22-07-2011, 13:19
I have a vodafone dongle. You can either pay unlimited usage (capped at 2gb) for 1 month 49 euro or the same amount for 1gb usage valid for 3 months. I go to atm machines to top up my dongle, just like you would a mobile phone.

emmess
22-07-2011, 13:51
I have a vodafone dongle. You can either pay unlimited usage (capped at 2gb) for 1 month 49 euro or the same amount for 1gb usage valid for 3 months. I go to atm machines to top up my dongle, just like you would a mobile phone.

What, like a bank ATM? How does that work then? :idea:

lord_cheeseman
22-07-2011, 14:35
yes a hole in the wall. select mobile top up, type in the number associated with your dongle, tell it how much. Job done! then you just have to text vodafone from your dongle to tell them what you want e.g. C MES is unlimited access for 1 month.

mossy
22-07-2011, 16:55
I find that the orange bono deal is better value. The dongle costs you 29.00 € and then it is 35€ per month top up for unlimited usage. It is far cheaper than the voda unlimited and gives you more MB download before your speed is capped. Always best to check signal strength in you area though..

Where in PLA or LC can i get it from por favor?

carstev
22-07-2011, 17:13
Hi

In lc the orange shop is across the road from Deusch bank and in in pla in the gran sur centro commercial

regards

steve

mossy
22-07-2011, 19:07
Hi

In lc the orange shop is across the road from Deusch bank and in in pla in the gran sur centro commercial

regards

steve

Great thanks