PDA

View Full Version : Golf Which golf course would you recommend in south Tenerife?

LeFrunk
20-07-2011, 20:24
Hi all , im meeting up with friends out there in mid Aug and would like to know which course you would recommend in the south , ive seen but not played on Las Americas and havnt seen Adeje course , we would be playing off 16 / 24 range so iff possible could you let me know a course suitable for us , first time in about 15 years that we will all be together on holiday at the same time same place so a round or two would be great . Also roughly the cost of the hire of clubs . many thanks .

Harmonicaman
20-07-2011, 20:32
Have a wee look here (http://en.golflasamericas.com/rates/) Frankie...

junglejim
20-07-2011, 20:45
I prefer Adeje to Las Americas but both are very good , Golf del Sur is quite difficult ( IŽm about 18 handicap). If youŽre not playing regular Los Lagos at Adeje is a shorter 9 hole option with good greens ,
Adeje is doing good deals with buffet as well and buggy which in August youŽll definitely need .

http://www.golfcostaadeje.com/en_ofertas.htm

http://www.golfdelsur.net/

tonypub
20-07-2011, 20:48
adeje golf is alot more forgiving of your wild shots.mine anyway

Harmonicaman
20-07-2011, 21:00
Don't go to Buenavista del Norte...it's hard! (But it's beautiful).

henry
20-07-2011, 21:15
el palo golf next to guaza school in guaza is good. for me i like putt-putt. you can miss it. i never been there but i do heard alot of good things about it.

LeFrunk
20-07-2011, 21:16
Adeje looks great and not far from Paraiso plus as Tonypub said its forgiving i might get forgiven and reasonable prices too , Thanks very much Gentlemen Adeje it is then .

Stoney
20-07-2011, 22:35
Have played both the 18 and 9 hole in Adeje recently, played the 18 off the whites in a 3 ball, suggested by the starter because of our handicaps highest 11.6 great course but very long. Should have played off the easier tees, might have got a few pars (ha ha) was 72 euros each for a day pass with buggy and a buffet lunch. The 9 hole is a great little track with a lot of water and a lot cheaper 45 euros for 18 holes and a buggy.

imablue
21-07-2011, 10:05
i prefer Las Americas to Adeje .....both tricky courses in their own ways.....
Los Lagos the (9 hole at Adeje) is a much more forgiving course and some days its relatively easy.. ish... when one is on blob ...........:pray:
FORE ......:eyebrows:

Greg
21-07-2011, 19:24
Las Americas every time for me. It's like playing in a nature reserve with all the ducks, geese, swans and other bird life. This does mean that the water they live on is a bit unfriendly for your wild shots but other than that it is a very forgiving course. There is almost no rough and wayward balls generally end up on the adjacent fairway. It is also beautifully maintained with the beast greens of all the courses here. They are both nice courses but I enjoy L.A. the most. Play em both! Enjoy your hol.

junglejim
21-07-2011, 19:35
I find all the greens excellent but very fast !! One tip I was given by a regular at Adeje, when putting is- the break on the hole is always towards the sea!! it seemed to work for me !

imablue
21-07-2011, 20:36
:D so was that like you always ended up with your balls in the sea ....:eyebrows:

LeFrunk
21-07-2011, 21:26
Las Americas every time for me. It's like playing in a nature reserve with all the ducks, geese, swans and other bird life. This does mean that the water they live on is a bit unfriendly for your wild shots but other than that it is a very forgiving course. There is almost no rough and wayward balls generally end up on the adjacent fairway. It is also beautifully maintained with the beast greens of all the courses here. They are both nice courses but I enjoy L.A. the most. Play em both! Enjoy your hol.

Thanks Greg , im there for 3 and a half wks so i think i will just do that , a wee bit of Frankie time .

junglejim
22-07-2011, 09:01
:D so was that like you always ended up with your balls in the sea ....:eyebrows:

Yes just to cool them down!! Put Put put !

imablue
22-07-2011, 10:22
they do say you are better off washing them, rather than licking them ...:eyebrows:

YOUNG GOLFER
22-07-2011, 10:52
The golf course i like the best has to be Adeje A&B i good test of golf with some great holes love the long par 3 the 10th but the best two holes for me are the 4th and 17th.

If i was to rate the courses here then...

Las Americas 7/10
Golf del Sur 7/10
Amarilla 6/10
Adeje 9/10
Buenavista 8/10
Real Club de Tenerife Los Rodeos(the second oldest course in Spain) 6/10

junglejim
22-07-2011, 10:53
they do say you are better off washing them, rather than licking them ...:eyebrows:

If I could do that I wouldn't bother going to Golf Course!!:juggle:

YOUNG GOLFER
22-07-2011, 10:58

Just a little warning about licking golf balls...toxic substances on a golf course that could cling to a golf ball. Fertilizer, weed killers, pesticides, and animal guano are just some of the awful things one may ingest from a soiled golf ball.

junglejim
22-07-2011, 11:26
Just a little warning about licking golf balls...toxic substances on a golf course that could cling to a golf ball. Fertilizer, weed killers, pesticides, and animal guano are just some of the awful things one may ingest from a soiled golf ball.

Oh!- were we talking about golf balls ?

MMI
22-07-2011, 13:09
Adeje Golf Course !!!

Greg
22-07-2011, 14:18
Thanks Greg , im there for 3 and a half wks so i think i will just do that , a wee bit of Frankie time .

With all that time on your hands it would be a shame not to play Tecina Golf on Gomera. That's a truly fantastic course, all the holes are downhill. A great day out!

LeFrunk
03-09-2011, 20:55
Well Lads , i can now say that i have played on one of the best courses ive ever played on , Costa Adeje , first class . We went early and had an absolute fantastic day out , lunch an all. We also played the 9 hole course and believe it or not i lost 3 balls there and only 1 at the 18 holer . The greens where hard to get used to at the start but after a few holes got the lay of the land . 187e for the two of us buggy , clubs , balls , tees , few bottles of water and a great lunch and worth every penny . A big thank you to the course marshall Mick . Thanks lads for the info before i went .

imablue
03-09-2011, 22:12
Good to hear you enjoyed it .....and the golf of course ......