PDA

View Full Version : Urgent! Where are the best places visit or thing to do in Tenerife.

john crofton
21-07-2011, 01:50
This is on behalf of a family M50 F53 b17 f14 who have just arrived and are very depressed in what they see. Can anyone suggest things for them to go, do or see which will make there experience of Tenerife a good one rather than the current bad one. They are some where in the North but have a car and willing to travel. They are not clubers but open to any other activity. Hope you can help.

Ed3229
21-07-2011, 06:43
Teide,Water parks x2,Santa Cruz the capital,Masca,loro parque and lots more, there is lots to see and do in Tenerife..........What do they like ??

junglejim
21-07-2011, 07:14
Welcome to Forum , as previous poster says - what are your interests , expectations -where in "North" are you situated .
South area around PDLA tends to have more bars , entertainment, watersports , golf venues - Santa Cruz more cultural events and variety of shops .
Check on Ayuntamiento websites for events -
http://www.costa-adeje.es/public_en/pag_inicio.asp

http://www.arona.org/portal/lnot_d10_v1.jsp?codMenu=1524&codMenuPN=1473&codMenuSN=1478

Plenty of options and facilities , watersports, museums, hangliding, fishing , diving , go-Karting, horse riding , camels .....

Megaloo
21-07-2011, 08:13
Unfortunately if you are sun worshippers the weather has been a bit cloudy up here of late, but on a nice day the lido is worth a visit, also as others have mentioned plenty of places if you have a car, El Pris if you enjoy a nice Fish Restaurant . Teresetas Beach just north of Santa Cruz. already mentioned Loro Parque you can spend a lovely day there and best to go on a dull day, as it can get very hot walking around there. Just get in the car and explore, so many interesting places.

Stoney
21-07-2011, 09:14
Hey its easy, they are on an island that you can drive around in 4 hours. Try Los Gigantes and take a boat trip, a lot cheaper than PDLA/Los Cris. Go up Tiede remember to take warm clothes its cold up there. Santa Cruz before 2pm or after 5pm as the shops close. La Oratava has a new shopping centre at Junct 36 and its sales time, or the one at La Laguna. Loro Park in Puerto De La Cruz and Siam Park in PDLA for the Water Park. If they like a drink come to Las Americas for a night and do what a lot of the holiday makers drink all night just don't drive back, sleep it off on the beach. Go to El Medano on a weekend and watch the water sports also great place for a walk along the beach with a nice breeze to keep you cool. The island is a great place explore it.

captain jack sparrow
21-07-2011, 13:24
John, Tenerife is a beautiful, beautiful place where ever you may be on the island, to say they are "depressed in what they see" may be a tad unfair, If i was to go on my annual holiday i would do a bit of research to the area i was going, i.e hot,warm, lively, secluded. Tenerife has shops,restaurants,boat trips,nightlife,beaches and much much more to offer also there are quieter areas away from the tourist areas which boast some of the most stunning scenery ever, calm waters for diving,some not so calm waters for surfing the list is endless, unfortunately they are not all in one place and you have to decide where to stay in relation, On the plus side they do have a car, tell them to visit some of the aforementioned places and have a great holiday. It is extremely difficult not to fall in love with this island for many,many reasons, do post again and tell how they get on.

MrsTT
21-07-2011, 13:34
Santa Cruz central:
and take a tram ride to Laguna and explore the older parts of the city.
go shopping
drive round the Aņagua region and see the breathtaking sites
visit La Teresitas beach

Zara
21-07-2011, 13:57
I am surprised that John has not been back to either the forum or to Tripadvisor where he asked the same question, to let us know if he has seen our suggestions and if they are appropriate for this particular family. Hopefully between the two sites he has received enough information for the group to be off enjoying themselves every day of their remaining holiday.

delgirl
21-07-2011, 14:16
how can anyone be depressed when on hoiday in Tenerife

Bazz
21-07-2011, 14:32

Exactly!
Some very strange peeps in forumland. :crazy: :shark:

NikkiB
21-07-2011, 14:40

That's what I was thinking as well...I'm only ever depressed when I'm not on holiday in Tenerife!

candy2411
21-07-2011, 14:44
John, Tenerife is a beautiful, beautiful place where ever you may be on the island, to say they are "depressed in what they see" may be a tad unfair, If i was to go on my annual holiday i would do a bit of research to the area i was going, i.e hot,warm, lively, secluded. Tenerife has shops,restaurants,boat trips,nightlife,beaches and much much more to offer also there are quieter areas away from the tourist areas which boast some of the most stunning scenery ever, calm waters for diving,some not so calm waters for surfing the list is endless, unfortunately they are not all in one place and you have to decide where to stay in relation, On the plus side they do have a car, tell them to visit some of the aforementioned places and have a great holiday. It is extremely difficult not to fall in love with this island for many,many reasons, do post again and tell how they get on.

Can't understand why they didnt research their holiday destination a bit more as you say....can't help but think there's more to this than has been said. Maybe their accomodation isnt living up to expectation or maybe something has happened to put a dampner on things.

If it is simply the cloudy weather or disappointing accomodation then I would say cut your losses and get down to the South.

delgirl
21-07-2011, 15:24
i think its quite insulting to the people on this forum who live there I would keep my thoughts to myself and i would explore my options on this site I don't see how anyone can be depressed with so much to do bars restaurants waterparks etc etc just give me vodka and redbull that would lift any depression i have lol x

Goforgold
21-07-2011, 16:46
I wonder if John has brought his pet "rat" with him - they can be a bit smelly !! :)

angiebabe
22-07-2011, 00:03
Depressed, are they real. People who moan about not enjoying their holidays, I can only say it's their own silly fault, how can anyone not enjoy their holiday.

kieraj
22-07-2011, 00:12
I get of the plane and walk out and think wow, look ahead you see the mountains look behind you see the sea how is that depressing and then the thought of x amount of days to explore and find different places to enjoy. I enjoy the research and then finding the places when I am there. A lot of people expect everything to come to them and be entertained, without doing anything for themselves and then moan when it doesn't happen.:lol:

Goforgold
22-07-2011, 07:41
Depressed, are they real. People who moan about not enjoying their holidays, I can only say it's their own silly fault, how can anyone not enjoy their holiday.

You'd be surprised at the amount of people who, after a few days away, look forward to getting back home. :)

sparklegirl
22-07-2011, 09:41
That's what I was thinking as well...I'm only ever depressed when I'm not on holiday in Tenerife!

I agree with you 100% I go to Tenerife twice a year and every time I arrive home I start my holiday count down (14 weeks 3 days to be exact) and cant WAIT :whistle: to get there again . If people are that depressed on holiday ??? then they should stay at home and make room for the people who actually appreciate 2 weeks of sun sand and sangria :cheers:

delgirl
22-07-2011, 13:01
well said i have the online countdown counting to october if people want to come home after a few days don't come or book for a long weekend :doh:

hope there is enough vodka left for me in october

MMI
22-07-2011, 13:17
El faro in Torviscas !!! its a good night out :spin:

NikkiB
22-07-2011, 13:24
I agree with you 100% I go to Tenerife twice a year and every time I arrive home I start my holiday count down (14 weeks 3 days to be exact) and cant WAIT :whistle: to get there again . If people are that depressed on holiday ??? then they should stay at home and make room for the people who actually appreciate 2 weeks of sun sand and sangria :cheers:

I always come to tenerife twice year as well and each time I come back home I like to make sure I've already have the next one booked...5 weeks and 4 days! I really appreciate everything about Tenerife including all of the above mentioned. Who would actually miss the rubbish weather, paying bills, running a house and having to work? I certainly don't.

tracey_in_tenerife
22-07-2011, 14:19

My countdown is " 1 DAY" oh i cant wait to be back in tenerife and more so, i cant wait for 25th August when we actually move over

tonypub
22-07-2011, 14:37
if your in the south try FRYDAYS fish n chip shop in los cris:eyebrows::hungry::eyebrows:

anto3
22-07-2011, 15:17
They can always take a few vallium, They are very cheap over here.

delgirl
22-07-2011, 17:54
will try it out when i'm on holiday thanks

junglejim
22-07-2011, 18:40
They could do a balloon trip as well - great views!!

lesbroz
22-07-2011, 20:25
But where is the original poster?

kieraj
22-07-2011, 23:23
:confused:probably busy organising the Valium for his families return from their holiday from hell